RS Warrior Forum banner

6901 - 6920 of 6956 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
Stayed after work and rebuild my rear master cylinder. It was full of crud and about almost an hour of work.
^^^ (y) ... Looks like you used an aftermarket rebuild kit and not OEM!

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
^^^ (y) ... Looks like you used an aftermarket rebuild kit and not OEM!
Yeah used All Balls. I usually use OEM but my friend had this kit laying around so I said why not. The cylinder was stuck at the bottom and there was cruse inside. A really good cleaning, some clean up with 2000 grit, the rebuild kit, all lines cleaned out and fresh fluid = 100%.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I drove down to the Gold Coast and picked up Bumblebee’s new clothes. The guy also threw in a near new rear disc with the 05 cover for it. Twas a long day 6+ hours driving round trip.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I drove down to the Gold Coast and picked up Bumblebee’s new clothes. The guy also threw in a near new rear disc with the 05 cover for it. Twas a long day 6+ hours driving round trip.
I spent today installing the front and rear fenders. I then put the tank on. Things got interesting when it came to installing the seat. The ready drilled holes in the rear fender were not for this seat. So with my tape measure ( which I don’t normally use as a rule). After working through Pythagorean’s theory as well as Carl Jung’s book “ the physiological of depression when working on motor machines” I found two nuts on the inner fender plate. The measurements were accurate down to the size of a pubic hair. I sourced a tiny drill bit drilling through these fixed nuts had to be accurate and done in the centre of the bolts as not to damage the thread. Once the pilot holes were drilled ( couldn’t find a pilot at such short notice, so I did it myself ) I then removed the inner plate. I sourced a 12mm drill bit and proceeded to drill each hole out. Because the fenders paint is baked on enamel I placed blue tac on the out edge where the hole were to be drilled. By doing this you lessen the chance of paint flaking off. Once the holes were drilled I cleaned the area up and then re installed the inner plate. The bracket for the back of the seat was perfectly installed ( not taking a bow here because I might fall over ). Once the seat was installed I cleaned the seat then rubbed some dubbins to preserve the seat material. Despite there being no information under the seat I feel that it might be a Corbin seat. I can tell you that the seat is very comfortable. So as you can see my day today has been busy. Oh and I nearly forgot, I also washed the bike. Phew glad that’s over lol😎😎

·
Registered
223 Posts
After reading this post I took the plunge and ordered one of these cables. I hope it really is all that and a bag of chips for almost $90. Even with my Shoari battery I've always felt it should start quicker. I'll give it a review when it arrives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
It was Mad Tom who ordered it not me :).

Whats the verdict??
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Got my new PC5 installed and test fired her, she appeared to be running good, had some confusion with the wiring because I have dyna coils and it wasn't a complete direct hook up ,but after talking to a dyna tech I got it wired up. I got her all buttoned back up ,and ready to test ride her tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Tackled my LED kit

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Got my new PC5 installed and test fired her, she appeared to be running good, had some confusion with the wiring because I have dyna coils and it wasn't a complete direct hook up ,but after talking to a dyna tech I got it wired up. I got her all buttoned back up ,and ready to test ride her tomorrow.
So I took her out yesterday around a 5 mile loop she ran great , came back to house filled it up with gas and set out on a ride she was running good pulled like a freight train got about eight miles from home and she just quit, no throttle just dead, rolled over to side of the road and had nothing, it just seemed dead got it towed home and turned the key and the tach,and speedo cycle but no fuel pump,and it wont turn over with start switch. leaving to go camping so no time to dig into her I'm thinking something came unplugged,or a fuse, but really have no ideas at this point, everything was working as it should before she just quit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So I took her out yesterday around a 5 mile loop she ran great , came back to house filled it up with gas and set out on a ride she was running good pulled like a freight train got about eight miles from home and she just quit, no throttle just dead, rolled over to side of the road and had nothing, it just seemed dead got it towed home and turned the key and the tach,and speedo cycle but no fuel pump,and it wont turn over with start switch. leaving to go camping so no time to dig into her I'm thinking something came unplugged,or a fuse, but really have no ideas at this point, everything was working as it should before she just quit.
That's what happened to me when my negative battery cable just popped off after an hour ride with no problems. And I had just tightened everything on the battery few days earlier.

Check your cables! I added a washer to each bolt and put a soft piece of wire tubing under the nut. Now its solid as a rock and much easier to screw in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
553 Posts
Today ( Sunday ) was interesting. I decided to go for a long ride and I let Bumblebee have her head. She took me to Sunshine Coast Harley Davidson. I don’t know why she wanted to go there as it’s closed on Sundays.
So we arrive and I park the bike( I could have sworn I turned her off ), but a few minutes later as I was walking around the other side of the shop I heard my bike rev and rev again. I walked back around the front of the shop I noticed that Bumblebee was not only reving she had moved from where I parked to close to the shop front. I couldn’t believe it she was actually calling the Harley’s out lol. Lucky for me I took a photo, but I didn’t give it a thought to videoing it lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
Me thinks that what she was trying to convey is “ she isn’t some none descript Warrior, but she is Bumblebee and she has a sting “ Darm this is starting to sound like a movie script lolol😎😎

·
Registered
68 Posts
So today I got a a bunch of things started. Once I got the IAP sensor debacle corrected I could start working on other things like adjusting the idle. I put a new led blaster tail light on, relocated my license plate, recharged my K&N filters, changed spark plugs, removed the front turn signals and replaced them with fork LED’s. I also got the front wheel off and the bearings removed (which were pretty bad as you can see) so I can take it to powder coat this week. Also had a stripped Allen bolt I had to drill out, so I’ll have to pick up one new one. Just waiting on my tire irons to get here so I can take the tire off the front wheel. The local bike shop here wanted to charge me $50 dollars just to remove the tire from the wheel, even with me having everything off and bringing it in. I figured if I just bought my own irons, a balancer, and some wheel weights, I can just do it myself and the tools will pay for themselves as soon as I change out the front and back. Next thing I got to do is take off the exhaust so I can remove the rear wheel and swing arm in prep for my KyleNV 260 kit which should be here in another week or two. I also have a new spring and lowering kit from pacific coast to install. I went with the Avon cobra chromes for the rubber once I get both wheels back. Also have one of those nice Brakeaway products cruise controls on its way as well. Still have a bunch of work to be done, but got a good jump start on it today!!

·
Administrator
28,599 Posts
Did you get tire irons that work with aluminum wheels?! Also, be certain to plan your protection of the front brake rotors to avoid having to remove one (major pita). This might seem silly, right up until it doesn't lol.

Keep the powder coat out of the bearing install areas. Its amazing how little loss-of-diameter it takes to fail new bearings!

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
Take note that both your front mechanical grease seals are installed upside down (Backward) and the reason they threw the grease :( ... Pilot Error
........... I also got the front wheel off and the bearings removed (which were pretty bad as you can see) ...

6901 - 6920 of 6956 Posts