RS Warrior Forum banner

6921 - 6940 of 7173 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
Suggest you pick-up a tool quality M6 x 1.0p 4-flute tap to clean out the old thread-lock in the wheels as req'd as well as the companion M6 die to clean up the rotor bolt threads if reused. Also inspect and clean the counterbored holes from any overspray created from powder coat process including the bearing bores in the cast wheel. Also pay attention to the rotor mounting surfaces and rotor direction too!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Take note that both your front mechanical grease seals are installed upside down (Backward) and the reason they threw the grease :( ... Pilot Error
@alanh you have me a little confused. I didn't install these but they seem to look like the original bearings, and looking at the service manual it came apart exactly as pictured and explained in the manual. Also I believe the bearings for these are ambidextrous so to speak no? Meaning they can go in either way? As far as the seals goes they came out with the larger open channel facing the inside of the wheel on both sides,which is how they're supposed to be installed correct? It was the spacer between inside, then bearing on each sided, then seal (large channel facing in), and then collar. Please correct me if I'm wrong, cause lets not forget the vacuum hose incident...lol. Also I do already have a tap and die set so I should be good on cleaning things up after powder. I also plan on taping the bearing bores prior to taking it to powder coat.

Same Bearing opposite sides.

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
The rotor bolts are proprietary though there are Ti bolts available from the aftermarket!
  • Suggest you pick-up from your Yamaha Dealer :>)
I'm Bad :( I got Buck Fever! ... It looked like the open end of the wheel seal was facing up.
Yes, the sealed ball bearings are non-directional but I install them the same on each side.​
I doubt your tape will sustain the curing temperature of the powder paint bake oven but you can certainly identify the critical machined areas with tape for your chosen vendor. The wheels are generally blasted with some type media prior to powder coating.

A properly installed LH Front Wheel Seal shown below: Additional Photos Front Mirror SS Rotor Covers

·
Registered
102 Posts
The rotor bolts are proprietary though there are Ti bolts available from the aftermarket!
  • Suggest you pick-up from your Yamaha Dealer :>)
I'm Bad :( I got Buck Fever! ... It looked like the open end of the wheel seal was facing up.
Yes, the sealed ball bearings are non-directional but I install them the same on each side.​
I doubt your tape will sustain the curing temperature of the powder paint bake oven but you can certainly identify the critical machined areas with tape for your chosen vendor. The wheels are generally blasted with some type media prior to powder coating.
lol no worries! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Installed my Samson’s no tips for now. Lollipops (thumb screw mod) fully closed. More quiet than I expected will open them to 45* and see how that sounds.
I really want to try this lollipop thing one day

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So today i decided to dig into why the beast died and left me stranded last week needing tow home, after pulling the tank to check for any loose connections and finding none I looked over at the kill switch on the controls flipped it and what do you know she started.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I looked over at the kill switch on the controls flipped it and what do you know she started.
sometimes it’s the simple things.

A few weeks back I started the bike to move it out of the shed, every time I put it in gear it stopped ... I did this a couple more times ... all the time thinking Ahh #### .. then it twigged to me I had the side stand down.

It’s not as if I didn’t know .. just brain fade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
sometimes it’s the simple things.

A few weeks back I started the bike to move it out of the shed, every time I put it in gear it stopped ... I did this a couple more times ... all the time thinking Ahh #### .. then it twigged to me I had the side stand down.

It’s not as if I didn’t know .. just brain fade

😂 lol who hasn't done this!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yesterday afternoon I finished getting the swing arm and suspension off the bike and the rear bearings all out. Had a rough time getting the #11 bearing out of the hub but got er done. Parts are to powder as well. So while I wait for those and my new parts, I'll work on putting new lowering links and spring together as well my cruise control. Just received the new Barnett clutch kit and spring conversion kit, but I'll have to wait till I get the wheels and such back on so I can do that task. Think I may work relocating the RBR to under the seat as well that I saw in an old post. Also can anyone tell me what the beads are that were in both the front and rear tires when I took them off?
06A06088-3CDF-490A-9F20-43191359E478.jpeg 97DB72C9-EFEF-4BA9-AD9D-3045EEFC13AF.jpeg 318620BD-E15C-4DBF-BAEA-14309B8AD3FA.jpeg 7C748140-6982-486A-9482-18EA3FC65DD8.jpeg

·
Registered
691 Posts
I haven’t seen them myself but I wonder if they are tyre balancing beads like this

·
Registered
102 Posts
I haven’t seen them myself but I wonder if they are tyre balancing beads like this

I suppose that makes the most sense. I thought that might be the case, but didn't take the time to do a search. First time I've ever seen them before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Speed Triple had balance beads. Was fine.

Installed the VBAK over the weekend, reorganized / pulled up the right side wires as far as I could.

To be installed this coming weekend:
Relocation bracket for under the tank, arriving today. Ordered a Barons right side smooth cover. Ordered parts for the left side cleanup and will relocate the FPR, also ordered "the shooter" windshield from Memphis Shades.

For the left side cleanup, I opted for a plastic dry break to save some money. Cheap enough if it doesn't work or breaks that I can toss it, but looks like it will be just fine. Last things to do for now is maybe order a mustang backrest and touring bar/line setup...expensive. Should probably just buy a roadliner lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
Being away from bikes has brought up frustrating issues especially with the warrior that I never had with the Sportster. The old start the bike jump on put into gear dies. Naturally WTF comes to mind. By the 5th or 6th attempt frustration is pretty high. You get off the bike and you start looking at spark plug leads, checking petrol level and various other things even the rear tyre lol. By this time you have ripped your helmet off and aren’t a happy camper. So you jump back on the bike, kick up the side stand to roll it out of the shed. You hit the start button and she roars into life. So while you put your helmet back on as well as your gloves your thinking what the **** caused that trouble. You put it into gear and get about 100 yards down the road and the penny drops. Then I think “ who is the idiot who put a switch on the kick stand” lol. It’s happened to me 3 times lol😎😎🐝

·
Registered
691 Posts
What I did today, fitted the V&H quiet baffles I ordered from RevZilla in the States to the V&H staggered big shots.

Are they quiet? I only went for a short ride to test and they sound ‘quieter’ when your cruising along. A deeper tone when giving it some throttle, still has that distinctive Warrior V Twin sound, overall I’m happy with them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
What I did today, fitted the V&H quiet baffles I ordered from RevZilla in the States to the V&H staggered big shots.

Are they quiet? I only went for a short ride to test and they sound ‘quieter’ when your cruising along. A deeper tone when giving it some throttle, still has that distinctive Warrior V Twin sound, overall I’m happy with them.

Gee Mate you got those quickly

6921 - 6940 of 7173 Posts