RS Warrior Forum banner

7061 - 7080 of 7180 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Looks good...

Advice next time with rear wheel
Put a floor jack under tire to help hold it in place as u put in axle...

Makes a world of difference not having to hold up that big wheel n try to place Axle in

What size front tire are u running?.?.?

Not gonna put front Fender on

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks good...

Makes a world of difference not having to hold up that big wheel n try to place Axle in

What size front tire are u running?.?.?

Not gonna put front Fender on

Yep I used a floor jack when installing the rear wheel. You need the extra hand trying to get the axel in and hold the caliper bracket in place. I'm running a 130 front tire. I may put the fender back on but I kinda like the look. I looked at it yesterday and I should have plenty of clearance to put it back on if I decide to. If not I'll just fab up some spacers and make it fit.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Advice on the Avon's front tires...
They expand at high speeds and rub on Inside of Fender .

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Looks good...

Yep I used a floor jack when installing the rear wheel. You need the extra hand trying to get the axel in and hold the caliper bracket in place.
My $0.02 and How-To when installing stock or Phat rear wheel if you have a bike lift:
  • Lower your bike over the rear wheel that's on the ground and align axle hole. From the LH side pull the wheel & hub assy with wheel collar against the inside of the swing arm. Insert the axle and adj plate in swing arm & wheel until flush on RH side of wheel. Carefully, Install wheel collar & caliper bracket and push axle through RH side of swing arm. No tools required for this .... easy-peasy 1-man install imho ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
My $0.02 and How-To when installing stock or Phat rear wheel if you have a bike lift:
  • Lower your bike over the rear wheel that's on the ground and align axle hole. From the LH side pull the wheel & hub assy with wheel collar against the inside of the swing arm. Insert the axle and adj plate in swing arm & wheel until flush on RH side of wheel. Carefully, Install wheel collar & caliper bracket and push axle through RH side of swing arm. No tools required for this .... easy-peasy 1-man install imho ;)
This is how I did it but for the life of me I couldn't get my brakes on without scratching up my wheel finish. Had to take the caliper off the bracket and mount the bracket first. This normal or was I just doing it wrong? Wasnt hard to take mount once I removed the caliper

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
This is how I did it but for the life of me I couldn't get my brakes on without scratching up my wheel finish. Had to take the caliper off the bracket and mount the bracket first. This normal or was I just doing it wrong? Wasnt hard to take mount once I removed the caliper

I'm saddened to say you erred in NOT removing the caliper body and inboard/outboard pads during disassembly :(
  • I always wrap the caliper body & piston in a shop towel and tie it off to the passenger peg with sash cord to protect my investment :)
    • This makes it easy to marry the caliper bracket over the rear rotor and in-between the wheel and swing arm.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm saddened to say you erred in NOT removing the caliper body and inboard/outboard pads during disassembly :(
  • I always wrap the caliper body & piston in a shop towel and tie it off to the passenger peg with sash cord to protect my investment :)
    • This makes it easy to marry the caliper bracket over the rear rotor and in-between the wheel and swing arm.
Yes definitely my error! Now I know! Didnt scratch up my rim at least because I had towels over everything but I can see someone else did previously so not that big a deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Today I finally got around to installing Akitadog Coil Plate. Very happy with the outcome. Ordered all the necessary parts and supplies Mark recommended. Just take your time and don’t rush the process.

I also decided to do the AIS Removal while I had the Tank off. Thanks Bryanmcmeekin for your great instructional videos. I unfortunately didn’t get around to ordering in the supplies for the “left side clean up” in time. That’ll be my next project. GDWarrior & Bryanmcmeekin have an awesome step by step videos of that process. Until next time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Diggz, Looking great. I think i have my front sensor backwards, the brass sensor that is.

Any issues with the way i'm running it? Bike seems to run fine.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Diggz, Looking great. I think i have my front sensor backwards, the brass sensor that is.

It's just a temperature sensor so I would assume there is no problem since it was sideways in the factory position.

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts

I'm not Diggz but here's my $0.02 :)
That's the Intake Air Temperature Sensor and should be pointing up so that it's not influenced from the heat of the Engine!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Pretty pissed about the way UPS shipped this to me. I asked the guy to see if he can get his money back. They charged him $60 to ship these bars two hours away which included packaging. Guess what NO packaging at all, they zipped tied a shipping label and sent it off........

On the bright side I have some OEM double T bars (I think). This time they came with smaller bolts and sleeves and it all came together beautifully and easy. Took some comparison pics between these and the 1.5 FAT bars. They would have looked awesome I'm sure. Only 30 minutes to remove the bars this time instead of two hours. World of difference when you know what to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rerouted the new dry break and gas line under the tank / frame, and finished the left side cleanup. Then installed my new right side cover made by Justin Mills on the facebook page sale group. He has about 12 left I believe if you are interested.

Also took my new little toy out for a rip. 2014 Street Triple.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have had a little bit of fun this last day. I decided to ride to the local HD Dealer ( I was bored ). Anyway a salesman came up to me when I was looking at a 2020 Street Glide. He started rapping on about it. After he finished he asked me if I’d like to take it for a ride. I said f... yeah and took it for a spin for about 10 or so mins. I came back and I made sure I had a big smile on my dial. He asked me what did I think and I told him. I then asked price and he said 36k ride away. I said that was pretty reasonable. He asked me if I was going to trade in and asked me what my bike was.? I said an 05?RSW which I had to explain lol. So he said are you interested in the SG and I said yes. He said he would get an assessor, but I said I didn’t need one as I knew what trade in price I wanted. I said well the 05 is rare and it’s 1700cc full muscle and she is in tip top condition so I said I wanted 29k trade in. Once I picked him up off the concrete he said you can’t be serious. I looked him straight in they eyes and said I was dead serious because if I bought any Harley I’d be stepping down in class and power. **** stirrer yes i am lolol😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I have had a little bit of fun this last day. I decided to ride to the local HD Dealer ( I was bored ). Anyway a salesman came up to me when I was looking at a 2020 Street Glide. He started rapping on about it. After he finished he asked me if I’d like to take it for a ride. I said f... yeah and took it for a spin for about 10 or so mins. I came back and I made sure I had a big smile on my dial. He asked me what did I think and I told him. I then asked price and he said 36k ride away. I said that was pretty reasonable. He asked me if I was going to trade in and asked me what my bike was.? I said an 05?RSW which I had to explain lol. So he said are you interested in the SG and I said yes. He said he would get an assessor, but I said I didn’t need one as I knew what trade in price I wanted. I said well the 05 is rare and it’s 1700cc full muscle and she is in tip top condition so I said I wanted 29k trade in. Once I picked him up off the concrete he said you can’t be serious. I looked him straight in they eyes and said I was dead serious because if I bought any Harley I’d be stepping down in class and power. **** stirrer yes i am lolol😎😎🐝
So you bought the bars, nice job !

7061 - 7080 of 7180 Posts