RS Warrior Forum banner

7141 - 7160 of 7290 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
You could try a few wraps of electrical tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's actually what I did to fill the space between the expansion piece and bars. But the Allen head piece still turns the whole unit with in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
Ok, just thinking here ... I wonder if a cut strip of wet & dry sandpaper wrapped around the expanding piece would give it something to grip too

Someone may have a better idea

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ok, just thinking here ... I wonder if a cut strip of wet & dry sandpaper wrapped around the expanding piece would give it something to grip too

Someone may have a better idea

I might try that thank you! Do you know what this contraption is called? I tried searching expansion bolt but they dont look like this.

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
Try a google search for [handle bar end expansion plug]. Lots of different styles come up, just another idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
Chomorro... if your keen on bar end mirrors these look ok. Interesting they also mention packing out the expander with a strip of thin rubber.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Thanks guy's, last time i stick around with something like that coming. At least i know what it feels like going 105+ miles an hour in a house. Not fun. Looks like a tornado hit us. Glad it did't damage my bikes, well an everything else.
At least I know what it feels like going 105+ miles an hour in a house is about the funniest **** think I've heard in a while. I'm just picturing you sitting at a desk with your helmet, jacket, and gloves on staring out the window and occasionally leaning when the winds change direction!

Super glad you're ok so I can enjoy that quote!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Chomorro... if your keen on bar end mirrors these look ok. Interesting they also mention packing out the expander with a strip of thin rubber.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Use some old bicycle tire or rubber glove material. Something that will 1. shim out the plug, 2. resist loosening/rotating with vibration 3. dampen vibration so your mirror doesn't blur. You probably also want to stay away from materials that will corrode, erode, melt, or ooze. I'd specifically stay away from electrical tape for those reasons but something made of rubber should work well. Another option would be a thin strip of sheet metal to wrap around, but not overlap, the expansion part. It would depend on how strong that plastic part really is, though.

@Chomorro, Your finished bars look great! I split traffic way too much to do that, but [email protected] does it clean up your bars!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was going to suggest the same thing. Use some old bicycle tire or rubber glove material. Something that will 1. shim out the plug, 2. resist loosening/rotating with vibration 3. dampen vibration so your mirror doesn't blur. You probably also want to stay away from materials that will corrode, erode, melt, or ooze. I'd specifically stay away from electrical tape for those reasons but something made of rubber should work well. Another option would be a thin strip of sheet metal to wrap around, but not overlap, the expansion part. It would depend on how strong that plastic part really is, though.

@Chomorro, Your finished bars look great! I split traffic way too much to do that, but [email protected] does it clean up your bars!
Yeah that's why I'm trying them out. I figure if I hit something splitting and they break it's only a few bucks lol.

They are 3" mirrors but because of the angle they look to add maybe 2" wider on each side.

I will try some ideas and see if I can get it to stick

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well today (Wednesday) I went to pick Bumblebee up after I got a call from my local Yamaha Dealer. Now last Saturday when I broke the clutch cable I asked how much a replacement would be. The lass punched the info into the computer and the answer came back at $60.00 genuine article. She said she couldn’t find out stock situation until Monday. So I ride the loaner down and feeling reasonably happy with myself. This was until I saw the bill $225AUD. I said far king what I didn’t ask for a diamond encrusted gold one. I was told that the clutch cable was on back order from Japan which can take up to 6 weeks ( yes I know that story ) so they had to get an aftermarket one. It’s an MP CAB Armour Coat Clutch Cable. This little beauty is $161.70AUD incl GST. So I had to quickly borrow extra cash to pay for the far ker. Well that’s killed what I was getting for my birthday lol looks like I bought myself a clutch cable for my birthday 😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
All i could do with my torque monster is roll it out of my wind blown garage and clean it up some because of hurricane sally dang near blew us away. We took a direct hit. Didn't think it was going to be that bad, boy was i wrong.
I hope you’re doing okay

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
You could try a few wraps of electrical tape.

As a Certified and Highly trained Customer of our local HomeDepot Electrical department, I can with the utmost Qualifications and Say with Confidence, “That Might Work”
Ahahahah ... just having fun.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I know slightly off topic, but the most impressive person I ever met at HomeDept was in the plumbing Dept. I showed the woman there my diagram and measurements, She cut, threaded, assembled and included everything that I needed to pipe in my new garage air compressor, faster than I could put stuff in my cart . Everything was spot on ! Trunk line, drops, valves, hangers and connectors , that was 5 years ago and still No leaks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Perfect rainy day in Seattle, now I can install my New Cobra Black Tuner. I bought it here from InfidelXV1700 , should be a straight forward install, already have Ivan’s flash. I really appreciated his help in making me a Great deal on it, since money is tighter with our “New Normal“
My thanks to InfidelXV1700 . 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Perfect rainy day in Seattle, now I can install my New Cobra Black Tuner. I bought it here from InfidelXV1700 , should be a straight forward install, already have Ivan’s flash. I really appreciated his help in making me a Great deal on it, since money is tighter with our “New Normal“
My thanks to InfidelXV1700 .
I have ivand flash as well but its runs fine to me. Post up your thoughts after the install. I was curious if the upgrade would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I have Ivan’s flash and a PCV and did another mod last winter and didn’t run as well , so was going to tweek PCV but only have macs/iPads . I didn’t want to Tell my Incredibly Beautiful and Understanding wife that I needed another dyno session for minor adjustments (Not Going to Happen). then I saw the Cobra Tuner here for sale so made a deal and today’s the day to swap tuners .
Yeah..!😄😄😄

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have Ivan’s flash and a PCV and did another mod last winter and didn’t run as well , so was going to tweek PCV but only have macs/iPads . I didn’t want to Tell my Incredibly Beautiful and Understanding wife that I needed another dyno session for minor adjustments (Not Going to Happen). then I saw the Cobra Tuner here for sale so made a deal and today’s the day to swap tuners .
Yeah..!
You’ll enjoy that PowerPro black. My bike is running better then ever with it on. And if you if you put it on power mode the bike will wheelie at 40mph lol. It’s great!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I posted original dyno session back when we first got our hands on Ivan’s reflash (2014?). I bought it with the PCV as a package and installed it all together, I did have separate dyno runs with A base run before any mods then after mods dyno sessions. Never ridden without PCV Until recently when I did last mod just tired of paying the dyno time since I don’t have Windows Laptop (Macs) convinced wife either new laptop, dyno or New Tuner . My budget was 300$ , and spent it all and Maybe a little more (don’t tell wife)

7141 - 7160 of 7290 Posts