RS Warrior Forum banner

7221 - 7240 of 7262 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
I have the chrome Yamaha decomp cover and had to file it down to clear both my [email protected] bigshots and hardkrome sidewinders. I might have dimpled the pipe a little as well. I'll try and take a picture of how much I filed away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the chrome Yamaha decomp cover and had to file it down to clear both my [email protected] bigshots and hardkrome sidewinders. I might have dimpled the pipe a little as well. I'll try and take a picture of how much I filed away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yeah the oem cover has pretty much nothing in that area. Mine is already damaged so maybe I will just file it down or replace it. Honestly if the ship had asked me if they could dimple the pipe I would have said no lol but I didn't own her back then.

I was able to semi flatten out the flanges using the bolt technique but they arent perfect. When you say "notch" it out does that mean cut the sides open? So the studs can slide in from the side

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Pulled off the pulley hub. Other then this metal ring here the brake side is good too send off right?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yesh looks good to go

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks man. What do you think, pay to remove the tire or ship it as is for rim protection and little more for weight lol. I think it costs 35 to remove the tire

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
Remove the Tire bro..

That thing with getting your wheel modify
Is that all there using is the center of the wheel...

The outer rim is cut out and the bigger n wider rim is welded on to your old center
Wheel...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Remove the Tire bro..

That thing with getting your wheel modify
Is that all there using is the center of the wheel...

The outer rim is cut out and the bigger n wider rim is welded on to your old center
Wheel...

Well I not sending it in to get modified it's just for the exchange. My wheel is already done. But I will remove it, seems like it might save me some dough.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
This is also a good time to do some service n maintenance.....

Change out you transfer case oil...

Clean under the bike frame get all the road grime off....

And anything esle that needs attention

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
Yeah save some $$$

And if your Tire is still good
You can sell it
Just a thought

·
Registered
408 Posts
This is also a good time to do some service n maintenance.....

Change out you transfer case oil...

Clean under the bike frame get all the road grime off....

And anything esle that needs attention

I did all this already when I swapped my shock hahha. I'm going to take off some parts and paint and also try to figure out how to give my pulley a machined lip.

I have a tube of synthetic marine grease. You think that's ok for axles? Cant find an answer on Google but I need to use it all up.

Debating whether I should replace the belt just because......

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yes is appears only the rich are allowed to rob and they dislike competition 😂
Yes very true AZ. I did manage to find what I hope will be a good fairing. The brand is Puig ( I hope I have that right ). I was having a scrounge through the dealer dump room looking for a set of bags. It was covered with some crap and yes it has a few scratches ( mainly just tiny ones). Seeing as I won’t need to look through it I thought it pretty good. So I asked the manager what it would cost me and I know the money goes towards their drinking fund lol. He said $50 and I said okay. I haven’t mounted it yet as I’m struggling with the pinched sciatic nerve again.😎😎🐝

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
Rode to work ..

And checked air pressure on tires...

Really gotta get me a better Air pressure gauge...

The pencil style one I have dont seem right

·
Registered
167 Posts
Curious how this compares to the cyclops. The cyclops bulb is insanely Bright on my bike but it was double the cost. The road is all lit up at night

Finally got a map in my bike so I could ride it.....

Here is a pic of my EBay lightbulb on a wall (Low then High) from about 15 feet away.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Today I changed the Ivan's firmware ECU to stock one. For the sake of experiment. I was unpleasantly surprised by the work of the motor and the bike as a whole. Stock - sucks!)))

·
Registered
408 Posts
Today I changed the Ivan's firmware ECU to stock one. For the sake of experiment. I was unpleasantly surprised by the work of the motor and the bike as a whole. Stock - sucks!)))
You did this yourself at home? Its only been a fee months but I cant remember what stock was like lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes. I changed it near the house and rided off. I have two ECUs: stock and Ivan's firmware. Now I'm thinking of selling the stock one))) At the same time, when switching from the stock to Ivan's firmware, the difference in the behavior of the bike is noticeable, but not wow! And when, on the contrary, you put the stock - it's an unpleasant surprise))))

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. I changed it near the house and rided off. I have two ECUs: stock and Ivan's firmware. Now I'm thinking of selling the stock one))) At the same time, when switching from the stock to Ivan's firmware, the difference in the behavior of the bike is noticeable, but not wow! And when, on the contrary, you put the stock - it's an unpleasant surprise))))
So you didn't notice a very big effect? I don't know if I need Ivan's flash or not.

·
Administrator
28,956 Posts
Ivans is the one mod that provided the biggest performance increase for mine. No other single mod comes close. It removed all the factory constraints and also unleashed higher rpm's. I get better fuel mileage now, and the annoying engine braking is very significantly reduced. Vibration is also significantly reduced, I can even see in my rear view mirrors. Plus I have zero backfiring even on hard deceleration. My acceleration out of twisties is improved. This mod imo is a no-brainer.

S*2-1-2(Gen2). VBAK/K&N(RC1290). CobraCVT. -AIS. SR-2. DynatekDC2-1. Stock internals. I have a 33T to install next time I'm in there, no rush.

I had always planned to go 110ci but realized I don't need it. I smile just fine!

7221 - 7240 of 7262 Posts