RS Warrior Forum banner

7241 - 7260 of 7262 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ivans is the one mod that provided the biggest performance increase for mine. No other single mod comes close. It removed all the factory constraints and also unleashed higher rpm's. I get better fuel mileage now, and the annoying engine braking is very significantly reduced. Vibration is also significantly reduced, I can even see in my rear view mirrors. Plus I have zero backfiring even on hard deceleration. My acceleration out of twisties is improved. This mod imo is a no-brainer.

S*2-1-2(Gen2). VBAK/K&N(RC1290). CobraCVT. -AIS. SR-2. DynatekDC2-1. Stock internals. I have a 33T to install next time I'm in there, no rush.

I had always planned to go 110ci but realized I don't need it. I smile just fine!
I read a lot of topics about Ivan's flash. A lot of good reviews. Some people write that even the exhaust sound gets better.About engine braking. I did experiments this summer. Engine braking is greatly affected by the enrichment of the fuel mixture. If you make the mixture richer, the muffler stops popping and the bike slows down the engine much worse. If you make the mixture poorer, on the contrary, there is engine braking and the muffler starts to pop. If I understand correctly, Ivan just prescribed a richer mixture in the ECU. You can adjust the engine braking by using the mixture screws on the injector. This will make the engine braking more or less as you like. I'll probably do a flash of Ivan since everyone is praising it so much. I want to improve my bike somehow.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
I read a lot of topics about Ivan's flash. A lot of good reviews. Some people write that even the exhaust sound gets better.About engine braking. I did experiments this summer. Engine braking is greatly affected by the enrichment of the fuel mixture. If you make the mixture richer, the muffler stops popping and the bike slows down the engine much worse. If you make the mixture poorer, on the contrary, there is engine braking and the muffler starts to pop. If I understand correctly, Ivan just prescribed a richer mixture in the ECU. You can adjust the engine braking by using the mixture screws on the injector. This will make the engine braking more or less as you like. I'll probably do a flash of Ivan since everyone is praising it so much. I want to improve my bike somehow.
Prior to getting Ivan's, I had my AIS blocked off and found a tune for my PC3 that was so great that it eliminated the popping 97.6% of the time.

·
Registered
2007 Warrior Liquid Silver
16 Posts
Yesterday- replaced front tire, completed left side clean-up, and bought new lids for me and the misses. Today- replaced belt and dropped off rear wheel to fix slow air leak.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Reading again of adjusting screws on the injectors to cut out the popping farting and double barrel shotgun blast. Where is a workshop manual for our bike. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned without a workshop manual. I know we have brilliant people on here that can help out, but you need a workshop manual just to give you confidence when doing something in the Warrior. It would be great if Warrior owners here weren’t spread across this wide brown land. If you had someone closer you could alternate working on the Warriors. I think it was yesterday I read on here that one of the members on here was a certain problems with his Warrior and another member close by dropped in and gave him a hand. Ok gripe over lol😎😎🐝

·
Registered
3 Posts
Prior to getting Ivan's, I had my AIS blocked off and found a tune for my PC3 that was so great that it eliminated the popping 97.6% of the time.
I changed the stock exhaust to a V&H and I had very loud POPs all the time. I turned off the AIS and nothing changed. The same loud popping noise. The sound was perfect only when I made the fuel mixture richer.

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow very cool. How does it ride?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Not sure yet, still sitting on the jack. I still have to finish wiring the new headlight in, relocating the tach and the battery, and building the aux fuel tank. So maybe two weeks and I'll have some feedback on how it rides??? I had Traxxion Dynamics build it 1" taller than stock and for a 250lb rider with gear, it's the Penske 8983, so hopefully it rides great with the R1 forks that are already on there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That looks like a pretty cool project. Have fun and good luck with it (y)
Best regards,
Thommy (close to Cologne, Germany 🤘)
Thanks Tommy, I've seen you post a lot, hopefully we can get a ride in sometime depending on COVID. Wiesbaden just went high risk, so... not sure what the status of Cologne is, but I'll be up there whenever deget.de finishes my wheels. Hopefully sometime this fall.

·
Administrator
28,956 Posts
@Stryder1956

"Where is a workshop manual for our bike."

Click on the jump in my sigpic. That takes you to my detail pages. Scroll to very top in the first post. Notice the Technical Bits link. Go there. Notice tabs at top, select manuals. There is one that is the manual plus both supplements. Get that one. Procedure: read the original manual for each task you plan, then check both supplements to see if any extra info or correction and proceed with the work based in all three.

Then click my sigpic Jump again, and scrill down to my updated service manual notes. Good tips too.

That should be enough to proceed with just about any task you want to tackle. When planned, start a thread here and many will step-up with more.

Now remember you down-unders need to read all the words backwards . . . 🤪

·
Registered
408 Posts
Relocated my front horn finally. Looks much better, might attempt the brake light sensor relocate one day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7241 - 7260 of 7262 Posts