RS Warrior Forum banner

7381 - 7400 of 7444 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Just did a over due oil change...

Went with Lucas Motorcycle oil this time around..... it's still as good as the Mobile1

Its lil cheaper $$ than the Mobile1 I normally use, and new Bosch oil filter.....

Also last week new Shinko Verge front tire

Gonna try it out and see how it goes..

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks bro.... We still gotta do a ride.....

Well my exhaust was finished today. 13" shorter, no lower bracket welded yet but not sure it needs it. It's much lighter now. Hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nice...

I would still put a lower bracket
This warrior's vibration is though.
And it could possibly cause some damage

So better safe than sorry

He cant measure out the bracket without the bike so once its together I will see if he can slap something on. He was thinking it didnt need one because the pipes are joined at the bottom with a cross over but the vibration is indeed pretty rough.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nothing fell off during the test ride at lunch today. Love the way it all came together. Still working on my custom seat but build is pretty much done minus some minor changes.

Exhaust was shortened 13" along with 240 kit and other stuff added on.

·
Registered
814 Posts
On Thursday last I had an interesting experience with the Bee. I rode to my favourite coffee place. I was about 50 meters from there when the bike shut down. No blinkers, Speedo, tachometer and no motor. Luckily I was quick snout to pull the clutch in and rolled to the parking place. I turned off the ignition and turned it back on, nothing , nada, zip. The first thing I did after buying my coffee was to take off the headlight to make sure everything was plugged in and supposedly working. Turned key nothing. So of comes the seat. I start checking all connections, but find nothing. I call my Yamaha Dealer and told him what happened. He said the truck was out so they couldn’t pickup the bike for a few hours. He said he had to go because he had a customer and would ring me back in about 10 mins. It was hot 38 c ( about 108 F ) and my hip was killing me. Anyway 10 mins later the Service Manager rang back. I told him what I had done which included finding a blown fuse for the blinkers. The bike still wouldn’t start. The SM has the Warrior manual on the screen and everything he suggested was alright. Then out of the blue he said “ had I checked the starter solenoid fuses “ me being ignorant of such things had to ask where it was. So I found it, he said “ one fuse will be the live one, the other is a spare”. After some major finger exercises trying to get the fuse cover off I found that yes the 30amp fuse had blown. I got the spare out inserted it and the bike fired up. I was a happy vegemite even though I was melting in the heat. So I went into the shop asked if they had fuses and bought a pack of 5/30amp fuses. I couldn’t get 10amp for the blinkers, but I thought 20amp will do for the time being. The picture shows where I was parked with the Bee😎😎🐝

·
Administrator
29,190 Posts
That bike is stunning to see out there on the street.

Strange for that 30a fuse to blow while riding. Have a look at the wiring both sides of that fused relay, and check the connection on top of the starter.

I'm not able to get at the manual right now. Check the troubleshooting pages for this condition. The Bee needs it!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes, with a slight twist though. I had them do the rear 17x8.25 with a 240/45r17 and super sticky Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's front and rear. And they are polished.
That's a new way of doing it. Why did you go with 17 instead of 18? Just curious

7381 - 7400 of 7444 Posts