RS Warrior Forum banner

7401 - 7420 of 7444 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
What are u waiting for
Get them on the warrior

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
Well I stuffed it in there, but I got a couple of hiccups. 1) I do in fact need to shave a little from the inside of the swingarm. It fits in there but it's rubbing, I don't think I'll need to take out much, but it's almost 6 pm here in Deutchland, completely dark, and the Germans might not take too kindly to me going at it with the angle grinder at the moment. And 2) they replaced the bearings in the rear but the inner spacer(not sure what it is called) isn't recessed enough, see picture below. Any thoughts on the best way to seat it? BFH? Or do I need a different bearing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's a new way of doing it. Why did you go with 17 instead of 18? Just curious

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I wanted to be able to run the best tires I could with the largest contact patch possible. The 17" actually gives you a bit more contact patch than an equivalent 18" because the tire is taller/rounder for the same series width tire. It is a 45 aspect versus a 40 or below that you would run on an 18". Also, by keeping it as a 17, I can run the Michelins and Pirelli's that they use on the Diavel. Michelin actually makes a DOT race tire in a 240 that I could throw on there if I'm feeling froggy.

EDIT: there is one big drawback though, and that is tire mounting. The reason you run an 18" on our wheels is so that techs have enough lip to get their irons in there to leverage the tires on and off. If I understand correctly from the guy who did my wheels, he had to take an 8.5" blank, cut a bit out of the width to 8.25" which made a little lip when you bring it all back together, and then welded in an extra bit of bead on the inside so that you have a big enough surface to leverage the iron to get the tire on and off. Bottom line, it's a PITA, i paid extra to have it done this way, and I maybe cutting my tires off or driving an hour and a half back to this guy in order to get rear tires mounted.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I wanted to be able to run the best tires I could with the largest contact patch possible. The 17" actually gives you a bit more contact patch than an equivalent 18" because the tire is taller/rounder for the same series width tire. It is a 45 aspect versus a 40 or below that you would run on an 18". Also, by keeping it as a 17, I can run the Michelins and Pirelli's that they use on the Diavel. Michelin actually makes a DOT race tire in a 240 that I could throw on there if I'm feeling froggy.

EDIT: there is one big drawback though, and that is tire mounting. The reason you run an 18" on our wheels is so that techs have enough lip to get their irons in there to leverage the tires on and off. If I understand correctly from the guy who did my wheels, he had to take an 8.5" blank, cut a bit out of the width to 8.25" which made a little lip when you bring it all back together, and then welded in an extra bit of bead on the inside so that you have a big enough surface to leverage the iron to get the tire on and off. Bottom line, it's a PITA, i paid extra to have it done this way, and I maybe cutting my tires off or driving an hour and a half back to this guy in order to get rear tires mounted.
Ohhh I get it. Makes sense. Yeah I dont think anyone near me would mess with mounting the tire if it's a pain lol. I'm really liking my 240, riding everyday at lunch. Gives you a nice solid planted feeling.

·
Administrator
29,190 Posts
Yes, with a slight twist though. I had them do the rear 17x8.25 with a 240/45r17 and super sticky Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's front and rear. And they are polished.
Yep looks good. And I noticed the Rosso tires and decided to look them up but have not had time yet. Super-sticky is right for sure. I'm interested in knowing what distance you get from them. Warrior is better looking (hehe) but longer and heavier than supersports.

·
Registered
814 Posts
That bike is stunning to see out there on the street.

Strange for that 30a fuse to blow while riding. Have a look at the wiring both sides of that fused relay, and check the connection on top of the starter.

I'm not able to get at the manual right now. Check the troubleshooting pages for this condition. The Bee needs it!
AZ, I took the Bee to my Dealer and he volunteered to run a multi meter over the bike. He came to the conclusion while scratching his head that there was that showed up as a problem. He even removed the solenoid unit off the bike to check that the contacts were alright. He also noticed my band aid effect for the other fuses and gave me a handful of 15,10 and 7.5 fuses ( free of charge ). H Ed just said that sometimes the Warriors just do these weird things lol. The new problem is the front discs as they are warped. The stopping power on the front is awful as you can feel the wave of the discs when applying them. The cost however is prohibitive for this old pensioner. 😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Outlaw. What kinda milage are you expecting to get out of the diablos? My experince with them on sports bikes. Is they stick really really well. But you get **** all for mileage. I went to Metzler m7rr on my gsxr1k for better mileage. I havnt even considered them on the warrior.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Did anyone over there ever organize anything? I suspect many here would donate good takeoff parts if they could be affordably centralized and shipped in same box.
If someone who had a contact with a good freight forwarder or someone who travels over there would be great. I have several things I would donate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Outlaw. What kinda milage are you expecting to get out of the diablos? My experince with them on sports bikes. Is they stick really really well. But you get **** all for mileage. I went to Metzler m7rr on my gsxr1k for better mileage. I havnt even considered them on the warrior.
Not sure, I guess I would be happy with anything over 5k miles. Not sure how realistic that is or not, but these are supposed to be an upgrade over the Diablo II's they run on the Diavel and i think they get 5k out of the II's, although our bike is quite a bit heavier. I think tire pressure is going to be key for how many miles I get out of them. Without question though, I am more concerned about grip then mileage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Turned the throttle on a nice night ride to go help a friend. Double roundabout into the freeway entrance was loads of fun. 50F return at 45F not too bad for an 18 minute speed run on this thundering monster. Lovin’ the sound of the pipes and windshield protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
702 Posts
Nice job! Wish I knew how to wrap

It's really not that hard.. just be prepared to get frustrated.. and watch some how to vidz
My 1st wrapping project was my tank a couple of months ago (not a good place to start wrapping for a novice)

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Looks good man....

I've been wanting to practice how to wrap

It's a ez way to change color of anything

Beats the $$ of painting

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
702 Posts
Looks good man....

I've been wanting to practice how to wrap

It's a ez way to change color of anything

Beats the $$ of painting

that's why i started the wrapping.. wanted somethin different.. and plasti dip is no good with fuel.. and paint is to spendy to try somethin new..

but really.. if you want to try wrapping.. buy a piece of film and wrap something small and not too round.. it will prob help a tonne to have a 2nd pair of hand handy though.. i did it all alone

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
I have some..
And try it but just didn't put much effort
And I need a heat gun..

7401 - 7420 of 7444 Posts