RS Warrior Forum banner

7481 - 7500 of 7541 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
The original V&H baffles I bought for the big shots had what looked like fibreglass matting wrapped around the tube. It may need some tie wire tied around to keep it in place whilst they were pushed back in.

I prefer the sound with the baffles in. Still loud just not as harsh.
I would definitely wrap them. I lost my fiberglass wrap on some wot fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
720 Posts
with my pro-pipe baffles the fibreglass was held on with clingfilm for mounting.. prob easier than tie wrapping it on

·
Registered
599 Posts
Went on a two hour ride with my new grips and mirrors. Perfect weather about 70.

Popped out my baffle somewhere along the way but didnt notice until I got home LOL. Also found out my rear fat tire has a slow leak somewhere........ never ending fixes.

Decided to install my fast flash fix and what a pain it was removing the old relay. It was almost glued on!

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
Soapy water in a spray bottle and check the whole tire like the bead, valve stem and of course for nails and stuff. Seems like a set screw let loose and vibrated the baffle there lil buddy.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Soapy water in a spray bottle and check the whole tire like the bead, valve stem and of course for nails and stuff. Seems like a set screw let loose and vibrated the baffle there lil buddy.
Screw is still there but I think it was too short. Put a longer bolt in there hopefully it holds this time.

I'm going to pull my wheel and submerge it halfway and check for leaks.

Haha desert, I thought no back pressure ruins these engines.

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
No need to pull the wheel quite yet till you find out who the culprit is.
Backpressure with or without will not ruin a motor but it will affect the torque/hp range. It is a balance between volume and speed.

·
Super Moderator
7,125 Posts
I got propipe no baffle n cut down 8in and
My warrior no issues...
And sounds mean as H3LL....

Yeah dont pull the wheel..

Over inflate it and use like Hefty suggested
Spray bottle with soap in it and find out where leak is coming from...

Could be around the bead of wheel...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
Couldn't find my leak in my rear tire with soapy water. I might just leave it, it's a slow leak.

Lubed up and adjusted my clutch cable for more slack. Feels smoother and maybe even little lighter we will see.

Hopefully ride tomorrow

·
Registered
914 Posts
With regards to baffles. Last week or was it the week before I took my baffles out ( boys and their toys ). There was no packing around the baffles so believed that there wouldn’t be much difference. However, there was and it was a louder throatier sound. I didn’t think there would be any change in the bikes running, but there was and it was for the better. The thing I noticed with the baffles was the fact that they were like brand new and made of good quality steel. I decided to get some wrapping for the baffles and put them back in. I got pricing for asbestos wrapping 13 x 8” and this was going to cost me $115 each. I thought **** it and I put the baffles back in without wrapping.

Yesterday I had to go down to Brisbane ( 4 hour round trip ). I couldn’t believe how heavy the traffic was. One the way down I rode mostly on the right shoulder outside the lanes. I was coming down one section which went from approx 4’ shoulder to nothing which was guard wire. I couldn’t get back into the right lane as the traffic was bumper to bumper. I said a silent prayer and gunned the bike. I had forgotten that I was in 2nd gear and the front lifted of the road. My butt cheeks were firmly pressed together as I kept going and I just got through ( you know that feeling you get when you feel like your pulling your body away from danger, well that was me ). The rest of the trip down was uneventful. On the way back the traffic was even worse. Once again I started shoulder riding. I passed so many bikes caught up in the traffic and wondered why they weren’t doing the same. However a few miles later when I pulled in for petrol I had a whole stream of bikes following me lolol. There were BMW’s Harley or two KTM’s lol it was quite a sight. When we left the servo they let me lead out for the final hour of the ride. I’d say that the shoulder ride took up at least 3/4 of the trip. Saw plenty of police, but none bothers us😎😎🐝

·
Registered
599 Posts
Installed 1 inch risers and rode for an hour. Love the height but for some reason they introduced some crazy bar vibes right around the rpms I ride in. Removing them for now but I liked the position change. Maybe it's because these dont recess into the bushings like oem.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Installed 1 inch risers and rode for an hour. Love the height but for some reason they introduced some crazy bar vibes right around the rpms I ride in. Removing them for now but I liked the position change. Maybe it's because these dont recess into the bushings like oem.

Yeah I have the same problem. But for the riding position I deal with the vibrations. I also put bar end weights to reduce them a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts

Check to see the quality of the standard rubber bushes where risers go into triple clamp. Mine had perished so when I put my 4 1/2 risers on and bars the vibration was that bad I couldn’t see anything in the mirrors. So I went hunting ( now be very very qwiet I’m hunting for a waskerly wabbit) for new rubber washers. I actually found the perfect washers at of all places a washing machine repair shop. Because my risers are square I couldn’t just put one in, so I opted for 2 on each side. That worked well for a while, but they ended up compressing too much so I added an extra one on each side. Now the bifurcation is acceptable and I can see clearly out the mirrors😎😎🐝

7481 - 7500 of 7541 Posts