RS Warrior Forum banner

7501 - 7520 of 7541 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Check to see the quality of the standard rubber bushes where risers go into triple clamp. Mine had perished so when I put my 4 1/2 risers on and bars the vibration was that bad I couldn’t see anything in the mirrors. So I went hunting ( now be very very qwiet I’m hunting for a waskerly wabbit) for new rubber washers. I actually found the perfect washers at of all places a washing machine repair shop. Because my risers are square I couldn’t just put one in, so I opted for 2 on each side. That worked well for a while, but they ended up compressing too much so I added an extra one on each side. Now the bifurcation is acceptable and I can see clearly out the mirrors
Hahah I actually installed brand new oem rubber bushings with these. I think it's the design. Might need the slim ones without the inner lip.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,125 Posts
Vibration is cause there on top of Triple trees.... Maybe you can machine them so they sit inside the triple trees

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
Removed the risers and rode at lunch. Much better ride lol. Im going to do something else to get the bars comfy. The new vibes were too much. Might need rubber washers like was mentioned.

·
Registered
117 Posts
@Razman11
That is incredibly fantastic. The grip work must have been challenging!
Surprisingly the grips were not that difficult. Had to use a pipe wrench to get the left one off the old handlebar so I could remove the clutch lever assy. That was the hardest part. Also to note the throttle plastic inner-grip has four splines on it to 'grip' the inside of whatever grips you install. The inside of the Bikemaster heated grips I installed is a hard rubber (almost like plastic) so it actually squeezed the plastic inner grip against the handlebar and didn't allow it to turn smoothly. Great for a cruise control, but definitely not safe. Had to Dremel those down flat, then it went on with ease (used super glue to secure it).

The hardest part was the time involved in doing everything - bars, grips, ends, lights - took all day and late into the night. I don't believe in those quick, solder-less connections so soldering takes time, testing, ensuring correct fitment, etc. Turned out great though.
Looks good. Can you post links to the parts you used?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
The bars were used but came pre-drilled with holes near the controls (not needed) and down by the triple-tree bolts (where the wires exited). I'm not sure who made them; if your bars don't have holes you could drill them.

Bikemaster heated grips: BikeMaster Heated Grips | 10% ($7.00) Off! - RevZilla

I got mine off eBay but many places sell them. They work great; curious to see how they work on this bike sans wind protection (loved them on my CBR). I'm going for a sportier look so I don't mind that they lack chrome.

Taillight: 2002-2009 Yamaha Warrior Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light

It's sweet. 'Nuff said.

Custom Dynamics bar end signals and licence plate tag bolts:

$5 for tag bolts? WITH LED's in them?? No brainer. They work great; probably give that purplish look from far away. Hopefully no po-po's give me a hard time about them.

The signals/running lights are awesome - quality built stuff and feel solid. My riding gloves should occlude them enough at night but last night seeing them in my peripheral vision made me think a car was behind me. Should help prevent someone from changing lanes into my lane though, especially at night. I'm not used to seeing the ground around me - normally behind the headlight wash it's black; now I can see what is beside me - that's how bright they are. Kinda neat.

Driving/fog lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0899DHXQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the 24 watt version. They are very bright, seem solid. Mounting bracket is a little thin but it works. I can post more pics later of how/where I installed them - just used two "L" brackets I had lying around to mount them on either side of the headlight.

Wiring them to the headlight is nice as the white/yellow switches with the high and low beam.

Going to ride to my obligation tonight and test out the floods on the highway lolol...

Raz

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey that cool..

Now who did you ride with?

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
They arent on the forum just the FB page. Hopefully we get some more rides planned. There is a sweet turbo warrior setup about 45 min north of us.

7501 - 7520 of 7541 Posts