RS Warrior Forum banner

7581 - 7600 of 7610 Posts

·
Administrator
29,703 Posts
There must be a tarp you could ground-stake to keep the wind from tipping the bike and still be steep enough for snow to roll off. Just use the screw-in ground stakes. They hold really well. First, bungee a narrow closed empty cardboard box on a towel on the seat to prevent the tarp from retaining water. It should stand there all winter under the tarp. Oh, and park the tires on ~300mm square bits of wood and remember to remove the battery so it can be put on charger in store mode. Golden. The screw type ground stakes come in metal so freezing does not make them brittle. 200mm depth works good in firm soil. Get longer flatter ones in sandy soil. They come in many shapes and sizes, the following is one example.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Guess the 'Mermaid' can take it 😁
I personally agree a tarp would protect it much better. The card box might soak water from humid environment. If sun will 'burn' the next day that humid climate will stay under that cover and it starts rusting.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
740 Posts
been 5 or 6 years since we have had this kinda snow here.. and normally i ride daily that's why i don't use tarps or other covers.. gets too damp underneath and she's really never stationary long enough to make em worth it
only when i fly to the GF for christmas do i park her in the kitchen

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
Hefty hooked me up with my brake bracket mod and I got everything together and went for a ride. Its riding amazing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That little window on the caliper brackets looks really nice against the rear disk without the heat sink.
Glad I could help broski.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
975 Posts
What have I been doing today actually started las Thursday. I decided the the cowling need a bit of a clean up. So I removed it and started to sand back the paint. I could tell it had gone from black to white and then back to black. It even had my first attempt of colour matching it to Bees tank colour. That didn’t quite work out so I painted it black. It took two days to sand it back properly using various grades of paper finishing it off with 5000 grit wet and dry. Gave it a good rinse off and just cleaned up a couple of stubborn areas. So I got it all the way back to plastic. Then I started the process of painting her. I finished painting yesterday and gave her a buff up before putting it on😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Looks good. I want to get my exhaust shields and bars done with cerakote I think and call it complete.

Once this is all done, I'll post up more pics and info. I haven't been able to see any Cerakote'd items in person so I wasn't 100% sure but after doing a bunch of research, I settled on the Glacier Black. It just so happens to have also been what the coater recommended when I first spoke to him before I told him what I wanted so that gave me a little more confidence.

What color are you thinking for your shields and bars?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Once this is all done, I'll post up more pics and info. I haven't been able to see any Cerakote'd items in person so I wasn't 100% sure but after doing a bunch of research, I settled on the Glacier Black. It just so happens to have also been what the coater recommended when I first spoke to him before I told him what I wanted so that gave me a little more confidence.

What color are you thinking for your shields and bars?
Some form of black if they can match my swingarm powder coat that would be awesome. I have lot of toys that are cerakote but wasn't sure it would stand up to driving abuse.

·
Super Moderator
7,180 Posts
Plugged it to the Battery tender...

Cant ride it or ride the quad....

For the next 6weeks

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Washed, waxed, polished, changed oil, gear oil and checked air pressure, Bike is good to go. Took it out for the first time since my purchase. I was very impressed on how easy it was to maneuver. I was a little intimidated at first never had a bike so big, but became confident after a couple of miles. great bike to transition from Sport bikes to cruiser. Also the looks that I get. Some people stare like trying to figure out what kind of bike it is.

7581 - 7600 of 7610 Posts