RS Warrior Forum banner

7621 - 7640 of 7673 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
What I did today, well yesterday:
Rolled back the covers for the first time since, gulp, last summer...
Let the sun warm her smooth skin...
Fired her up and listened to her siren song...
After a while, went back inside and ordered her those Kuryakyn Stiletto end caps she's been wanting...
Life is good.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
‘Twas a perfect day in sunny SoCal so I took the day off work and got to installing all the goodies I’ve been collecting over the past 8 months.
I thought I’d start with the AIS Delete. I picked up some Baron’s plates a while back and thought that would be the easiest project to start with. Well, a few steps in and I realized it would be MUCH easier with the stock air box removed.
So I went to work on installing my Churchkey’s VBAK. Sure enough, that was easy (thanks, @Churchkey) and it REALLY opened up the area to finish the AIS Delete (thanks @REDHORSE).
Then, while she was opened up, thought it was about time I install my PC III. Also super easy with everything removed.
Finally, I wrapped my Speedstar Gen II header pipes with fiberglass wrap and installed them into the Cerakoted heat shield. During the install onto the engine, I removed the old exhaust gaskets and installed new ones along with new bolts and nuts. THIS WAS A B!TCH!! I struggled longer than I’d like to admit to get the front port installed and I’m STILL struggling with the back one. I was FINALLY able to get the nuts on the front one but can only get one bolt in the back. I can get EITHER the front OR the back on that flange hooked up but I can’t get both. I seriously need one of those alignment pins that steel workers use. For now (no riding til completed) I have one bolt installed just so I could put her away for the night. ALSO, I still want to ceramic pack the muffler body but that’ll wait for some random future date.
Before:

Warrior Exhaust, Stock
During:

After:

Warrior Exhaust, Speedstar Gen II
SUPER happy with the results (other than that mf-ing bolt)! Can’t wait to take her out and open her up!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
i got my mortons triple trees and handlebars back from paint. they look pretty awesome. i had them painted frame color but the painter didnt use the mat clear as it called for but a gloss instead. when he told me i was annoyed but he asked me to look at them and see if i liked it before he repainted them. they look awesome. i didnt realize the frame color had so much metallic. its cool. i didnt take a pic yet but i will post em tonight. guess i can start reassembly tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
i know this is " what did you do to your warrior" thread. to make sure im following the rules yesterday i looked at my warrior under the cover then took the buell (Rod Stewart) out and rode around the lake last night to get it hot enough to check the oil. checking the oil is similar to the way you check it on a warrior. this bike is a rocket. ive never ridden a bike that accellerates like this. its insane.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re-glued my throttle grip back onto the plastic throttle sleeve. Was riding today and thought my engine was bogging in the heat - turned out my grip was loose! Should be set by the time I ride home after my obligation this evening.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Put this sissy bar on. Not meant for the Warrior but the guy I bought off of made it work. I got it to sit under the fender struts also and it looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
put some miles on the buell and spent some quality time in the garage wrenching on the warrior. its going back together quickly. i have the 7 degree trees, headlight, forks, calipers all back on. the bars are on there but not snugged because once everyting else is done i will pull them off and run the wires inside. so far so good.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,230 Posts
Finally took out the warrior last night
For a little 60 mile ride...

Those bars a one of a kind
They look good..

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
ive alwasy been a little on the weird side. it shows when i start customizing stuff. i wish they were on risers insted of mounted right to the tree though. still a fun look. i couldnt get decent pics of the tree or bar paint. its frame color but with gloss instead of mat clear. looks very nice. will try in the sun when its back together

7621 - 7640 of 7673 Posts