RS Warrior Forum banner

7641 - 7660 of 7673 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Loaded the Bucky map in my PC III to accommodate my recent changes (Churchkey VBAK, AIS Delete, Speedstar Gen II Exhaust).

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think its great, i wanted to wire up a $50 GPS to mine but decided on offline maps and an old iPhone instead. Not nearly as good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It's handy because it works when there's no cell signal. Had it on my CBR on an x-mount and loved it - used it as the speedo also because, like the Warrior, my CBR read about 5 mph faster (depending on speed). Was also useful to capture max speed... :whistle:

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's handy because it works when there's no cell signal. Had it on my CBR on an x-mount and loved it - used it as the speedo also because, like the Warrior, my CBR read about 5 mph faster (depending on speed). Was also useful to capture max speed... :whistle:
What model are you using? How did you wire it? Directly to the battery?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
have everything on the front end torqued and ready. wheels is back on. i still have some work to do on the handlebars. as it sits i can use the stock brake hoses but it looks terrible and will only work if i dont bolt the T-fitting to the lower tree as it should be. i think im going to bend up my own hard lines. ive done it on cars before. once thats done i can do the internal wiring on the bars and call it done

Attachments

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
got some work done on the controls. they didnt fit. had to grind the bar to get the throttle slid on. the throttle, button housing, lever clamp sat wonky. they have built in spacers that make them fit the factory bars but clearly not these. i ground on the bar side of the lever clamp untill it sat flush with the bar. next i hit the housing side of the lever perch with the grinder to help get the housing flush. i ground a spot on the button housing that was hitting as well. the controls all sit flush now and seem happy. i did nick the paint on the bars and will have to touch up. i started the clutch side much the same. i had to grind on the bar to get everything sliding on right. i ground on the lever perch untill it sat flush against the bar. im in the process of grinding on the housing side of the perch to allow everything to sit flush. thats where i quit for the night. i did start the bike and lit it idle for a few seconds. missed that sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice bike @Razman11 , I like the driving lights and LED head. Which headlight is that? Also, what's the red button on the left handlebar: Hyperdrive? Missile launch?? Garage door??? And which fairing is that? Lastly, what's the black box you got tucked up in there? Curious minds... :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
What model are you using? How did you wire it? Directly to the battery?

Sorry for missing this @Chomorro. It's a Garmin Nuvi; had it for years and I keep it because I get lifetime map updates. I put a 32 GB SD card in it so I have the whole US on it now. Not waterproof so on the old bike I would remove it; I need to find a cover or something. Maybe a ziplock baggie lol...
Nice bike @Razman11 , I like the driving lights and LED head. Which headlight is that? Also, what's the red button on the left handlebar: Hyperdrive? Missile launch?? Garage door??? And which fairing is that? Lastly, what's the black box you got tucked up in there? Curious minds... :)
Headlight is factory - but I installed a Cyclops LED bulb in it. The driving lights are from Amazon; took a chance on them (like anything untried from China) and they work great - really like them. Mounted them with L brackets I had in my tool box and although they vibrate quite a bit they work great.

Red button is for the heated grips. Have them disconnected right now, but I need to add them in to the aforementioned switch next cold season. They don't work that great because of their exposure to wind (same grips were fantastic on my CBR, never needed to use them past "3"). I need those glove-like things that go around them or wind blockers like on adventure bikes for them to be more effective.

But I like your line of thinking - gives me some ideas to help deal with drivers down here. I need an assortment of counter-measures like that old arcade game Spy Hunter (my favorite). Oh, the garage door opener stays in my pocket.

The fairing is a factory one - no clue what they called it, but it keeps most of the wind off my chest so I don't feel beat up after a ride. Needs more wind protection if I wanted to tour on it though, i'm 6'5" tall.

Here is what that black box is @pumagaju:
I had to add extension wire after cutting off the 12v cigarette adapter to get it to the battery. I also added a switch to the left side battery/aux fuel tank cover. Most of that cover is metal, but on the inside behind the rear cylinder it is plastic - just drilled a hole big enough for the switch and was good to go.

Raz

·
Super Moderator
832 Posts

What did I do today ? I moved it 😂 along with the XJR 1300 and BMWR1200RT,
I’m a lucky bugga ... once the backyard renovations are finished it’s more happy days.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry for missing this @Chomorro. It's a Garmin Nuvi; had it for years and I keep it because I get lifetime map updates. I put a 32 GB SD card in it so I have the whole US on it now. Not waterproof so on the old bike I would remove it; I need to find a cover or something. Maybe a ziplock baggie lol...

Headlight is factory - but I installed a Cyclops LED bulb in it. The driving lights are from Amazon; took a chance on them (like anything untried from China) and they work great - really like them. Mounted them with L brackets I had in my tool box and although they vibrate quite a bit they work great.

Red button is for the heated grips. Have them disconnected right now, but I need to add them in to the aforementioned switch next cold season. They don't work that great because of their exposure to wind (same grips were fantastic on my CBR, never needed to use them past "3"). I need those glove-like things that go around them or wind blockers like on adventure bikes for them to be more effective.

But I like your line of thinking - gives me some ideas to help deal with drivers down here. I need an assortment of counter-measures like that old arcade game Spy Hunter (my favorite). Oh, the garage door opener stays in my pocket.

The fairing is a factory one - no clue what they called it, but it keeps most of the wind off my chest so I don't feel beat up after a ride. Needs more wind protection if I wanted to tour on it though, i'm 6'5" tall.

Here is what that black box is @pumagaju:
I had to add extension wire after cutting off the 12v cigarette adapter to get it to the battery. I also added a switch to the left side battery/aux fuel tank cover. Most of that cover is metal, but on the inside behind the rear cylinder it is plastic - just drilled a hole big enough for the switch and was good to go.

Raz
Thanks @Razman11 !!

·
Super Moderator
832 Posts
@ Baldy: I feel with you. Hard life to manage three bikes. :p:ROFLMAO:
yep, considering I’ve only one back side 😂 I may sell the BMW .. beautiful bike, it does everything right but doesn’t have the character of the Warrior or XJR ... will see how things progress 👍

·
Registered
623 Posts
@ Baldy: although I am German and so should be more supportive to BMW, I fully agree. Probably a perfect vehicle moving the body, but does not moving the soul. At least not mine. The R-NineT looks way better.

7641 - 7660 of 7673 Posts