RS Warrior Forum banner

7681 - 7700 of 7719 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I love in North Florida. What turn signals are those? Never thought about doubling them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love in North Florida. What turn signals are those? Never thought about doubling them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
A sad day as I sold my Warrior to a friend at work. I bought a 2018 Street Glide in Bonneville Salt Pearl 3 weeks ago. I drove 750 miles to Pennsylvania to buy it. It has the 107 in it, but I have already scheduled the stage IV 128" motor kit for it plus dyno tune session. I will miss the sound, speed and handling of the Warrior, but for 2 up riding 90% of the time the Street Glide is a better choice.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
795 Posts
just ordered my 3rd or 4th set of risers.. lost count.... previous orders were cancelled due to not in stock/unavailable
hoping this time i'll actually get what i paid for (not holding my breath though)

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Warrior Midnight
285 Posts
Well it’s been a while since I have posted. I changed the oil (Amsoil Metric 10w-40), oils filleter (oem), gear fluid, plugs (NGK DPR7EIX-9), lubricated the clutch and throttle cables, adjusted both, updated the firmware on my PCV, adjusted my TPS on my PCV and cleaned and oiled my K&N filters.
I will be swapping out my older Guard Dawg alarm with a newer model, hopefully finally do the Dyna Coil and hidden rear caliper that I have had for a long time and change my tires and belt (S&S Gates).

·
Administrator
30,095 Posts
Well it’s been a while since I have posted. I changed the oil (Amsoil Metric 10w-40), oils filleter (oem), gear fluid, plugs (NGK DPR7EIX-9), lubricated the clutch and throttle cables, adjusted both, updated the firmware on my PCV, adjusted my TPS on my PCV and cleaned and oiled my K&N filters.
I will be swapping out my older Guard Dawg alarm with a newer model, hopefully finally do the Dyna Coil and hidden rear caliper that I have had for a long time and change my tires and belt (S&S Gates).
Excellent work. Are you ready to rock!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Let's see some pics !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deeper inspection today, on new to me bike.
-DOT number on tires dates then to 2006 but still responsive and seem to be well taken care of.
-Front pads under 50%, shopping replacements now.
-Cobra FI2000 is missing the sleeve and part of the case. Going to clean and wrap in rubber tape for now.
-Oil was full and honey colored (after following the correct procedure to check it )
-Adjusted floorboards and modified to keep them from rotating on me. Going to pick up the correct hardware today.
-Shopping pull back risers after 120 mile ride yesterday and sore back this morning. (5’8” and t-Rex arms)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
my poor warrior is still not back together. the machine shop was taking his sweet time with the new wheel so i went and took the stock wheel back so the bike didnt have to sit. he called the next day and asked me to bring the stock wheel back bevcasue he needed to verify a couple of measurements. im annoyed but since i have another bike to ride im not super pissed off i guess. i miss the warrior and its never good for an engine to sit. will pribably start it and let it run 2 or 3 minutes this week.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Decided to take off the passenger seat and rear sets today. Wasn't planing on giving out rides on this bike anyhow.

The 17 year old 3M clear sticker was not fun.

I used a hairdryer and 2 of them gave lil fight but the other 2 wanted to scrap till the death.

I eventually won with Goo-Gone and the hair dryer.

Just looking for Kromettes now to add some chrome to the holes. Not sure what size they are though yet.

6-10mm in my eyes evaluation.
Will just look for black panel fasteners for the passenger rear set holes.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Warrior Midnight
285 Posts
Well decided to install the newer Guard Dawg (KIM-U) and removed my older unit. Cleaned up so wiring in the headlight bucket and under the seat while I was at it. Didn't have time to change out the belt nor look at putting on the rear hidden caliper.

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
A sad day as I sold my Warrior to a friend at work. I bought a 2018 Street Glide in Bonneville Salt Pearl 3 weeks ago. I drove 750 miles to Pennsylvania to buy it. It has the 107 in it, but I have already scheduled the stage IV 128" motor kit for it plus dyno tune session. I will miss the sound, speed and handling of the Warrior, but for 2 up riding 90% of the time the Street Glide is a better choice.
Make sure you post up a build and dyno session on here with the big bore stroker. Those M8 respond well to mods and you should depending on the combo and cam put down close to 130 both hp & tq.

·
Registered
229 Posts
7681 - 7700 of 7719 Posts