RS Warrior Forum banner

7781 - 7800 of 7807 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Yes, finally!!!! Nice looking beast, right!

Hey, wassup with the Chevy box in the garage and the red fendered hot rod in the driveway. . .
the 1953 chevy truck is the deathrattle. ive been driving that truck since i was 17. the red car is a 1991 frebird. i split my daily driving between the truck the firebird and the bikes. im building a stout little 383 for the firebird tight now. should be ready to install in a month or so. im addicted to old junk as you can see.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
made some progress. got the bike back together and rode a little. not much but went to the gas station and around the lake. ya know to make sure it wasnt going to fall apart and to blow the cobb webs out. something is rattling under the gas tank and i missed a nut on the turn sugnal. will get that handled and get the machine back to business this week. supposed to rain all the time anyway so i have the time.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
@evilrider

AFR heads, lower intake looks like maybe setup for deep fuel rails or carb, can't see. Nice long intake tubes with that nasty look. Big air speed and a big upper. Are you going with injection and high lift cam and stroking it?
its a stroked 383 with multiport injection. got a rowdy but streetable cam. should be 515-520hp and over 650ft/lbs. going to be fun.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Looking good Evil..

So what about the rear wheel you had been working on

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
thats a very good question sir. the machine shop got backed up like every bike related shop does in the summer. i thought taking it to him in february would get me out before the summer bike work hit but no such luck. he assures me its coming. when it does i will happily rock it.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
You're gonna need a neck restraint!

What trans, 3rd member, rubber?
it has a built 700r4 that i was assured via warranty would handle the power. i have a limited slip 355 rear end but i think i will need more gear, probably 373. the only thing i havent locked down yet is the converter. i want a 25--2800 stall but im not sure where i want the lock up. its getting there. i love the thirdgens.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
The 700r4 might not play well off the line. What shift kit do you plan (or is already installed) you might need to tweak it's first gear ball-valve spring. Plus you must already have input drum mod. It's gonna be a helluva takeoff.
i know there are better transmissions for power but since the car is a daily driver i have to make a few consessions to make it more driver friendly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Time for some paint and powder coat! I rode my bike for a bit this winter and even only going out on dry days, I got salt in places that I didn't think was possible. Going to give my nearly 20 year old bike a deep clean while I got her apart.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Time for some paint and powder coat! I rode my bike for a bit this winter and even only going out on dry days, I got salt in places that I didn't think was possible. Going to give my nearly 20 year old bike a deep clean while I got her apart.

View attachment 253385

View attachment 253386
this is not an insult so i appologize if it comes across dickish. i just never understand why guys tear their motorcycles apart in riding weather. you rode it in the winter. ive done that and as fun as it is to be on a bike it sucks in cold weather. now that its warmer your tearing it apart. im sure you have reasons and since its clear from the pic that you have another bike its kind of a moot point. so never mind. what are you powdercoating? wheels and pipes?

·
Registered
37 Posts
this is not an insult so i appologize if it comes across dickish. i just never understand why guys tear their motorcycles apart in riding weather. you rode it in the winter. ive done that and as fun as it is to be on a bike it sucks in cold weather. now that its warmer your tearing it apart. im sure you have reasons and since its clear from the pic that you have another bike its kind of a moot point. so never mind. what are you powdercoating? wheels and pipes?
I'm stationed in Germany and I am going on leave for three weeks back to the states. Perfect time because I can't ride it anyway.

Yeah, I am getting my wheels powdered super chrome, which I hope looks ok, and then I am getting my triple clamps, foot brackets, the rear fender and fender support, and some other odds and ends powdered black. Hopefully everything comes out alright, and it should be done before I get back from leave so that when I return, I can put it all back together!

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I'm stationed in Germany and I am going on leave for three weeks back to the states. Perfect time because I can't ride it anyway.

Yeah, I am getting my wheels powdered super chrome, which I hope looks ok, and then I am getting my triple clamps, foot brackets, the rear fender and fender support, and some other odds and ends powdered black. Hopefully everything comes out alright, and it should be done before I get back from leave so that when I return, I can put it all back together!
thats a prefect reason. sounds like it will look great

7781 - 7800 of 7807 Posts