RS Warrior Forum banner
7861 - 7880 of 7920 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
872 Posts
ah that was fun.. 't was before i had the Warrior.. got "lost" somewhere in Sweden in the middle of the night

but that's a while ago.. and not on the warrior.. so this is the wrong thread for that

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
well $hit guys. i still have some rattling. i went under the tank and tighten up a few things on my relocation plate but there is still something rattling in the rear. i will find it eventually but its annoying.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
Do you have your belt guard still? Might check that. Also, check the bolt for your brake bracket. I've seen a few guys discover the bolt was gone. Luckily, unless you're going in reverse, your brake bracket will just push against the swingarm instead of swinging around the axel and hitting whatever.

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
Finally got some time for some long-awaited choice upgrades:

Installed new reaper front fender that I purchased here from fpc187:

Installed new chin spoiler that I picked up from eBay from a shop called Sputnikas in Lithuania:

And most importantly the coveted gremlin bell I received from Gunmetal Wolf that I named “SKOL”:

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
Got about a 70 mile ride in today with a buddy who rides a bmw 1200 dual sport. Headed from my house down to my buddy’s house where he took the lead down the coastline back roads through the historic district of Tacoma where we caught a ferry boat at Point Defiance to Vashon Island. Stopped off at a little coffee shack near Quartermaster Harbor for an iced americano and the best hazelnut chocolate creme cheese scone ever. From there it was hillside twisties and rolling shoreline roads to the north end of the island to catch another ferry boat back to the mainland then home. Followed up the ride with a 4 mile kayak paddle with my babe, our 4year old granddaughter and the 80lb. Bernese Mountain dog.
The weather was fantastic, 75 to 80° and the smoky haze from all the forest fires had lifted overnight making it easier to breathe. I have to say it was the one of the best days.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
Got about a 70 mile ride in today with a buddy who rides a bmw 1200 dual sport. Headed from my house down to my buddy’s house where he took the lead down the coastline back roads through the historic district of Tacoma where we caught a ferry boat at Point Defiance to Vashon Island. Stopped off at a little coffee shack near Quartermaster Harbor for an iced americano and the best hazelnut chocolate creme cheese scone ever. From there it was hillside twisties and rolling shoreline roads to the north end of the island to catch another ferry boat back to the mainland then home. Followed up the ride with a 4 mile kayak paddle with my babe, our 4year old granddaughter and the 80lb. Bernese Mountain dog.
The weather was fantastic, 75 to 80° and the smoky haze from all the forest fires had lifted overnight making it easier to breathe. I have to say it was the one of the best days.
And THAT’s why we’re thinking of moving there and away from California.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
The PNW is heaven. It's where over half of my 50 years of riding has been done. Astounding places with incredibly mesmerizing surroundings. Several of my Warrior group rides were there and we all had a blast. I've ridden the Sound many times and the Olymlic Peninsula and Puget Sound are always incredible even in wind and rain. But summer sun is tops!

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
RandomGuy-
I don’t know of too many better choices if you’re looking to move. However, it’s starting to feel a bit like California where I’m originally from. We’re starting to get surrounded by seasonal forest fires from the north, east, and southern sides. I’m always drawn to the West and the water where there are no fires- (just the lurking threat of the 300 yr “big one” hitting off our coast) 🤣
In the short term just get that girl out of the garage and back on the road. You know your just a few hours away from a full recharge.

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
ArizonaWarrior-
Couldn’t agree more brother! When I actually get out away from the city the scenery changes so quickly and dramatically. It’d be cool to get some rides in together in this lifetime. I need to just get my butt down to Utah 10/2023. I’m starting to get some of that FOMO 😂

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
Yes I moved to NV so I don't get to Seattle these days, but those memories are vivid and as long as I have two wheels there's a high probability I'll ride there again. The back roads from Reno to the PNW are worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
Desertboy13-
It was great and my buddy is a an excellent point man.
he really knew the route so all I had to do is try to keep up. No problem on the straights but in the twisties that 1 3/4” PCS lowering link really slowed me down.On One of the last good sets I was getting on it hard and bottomed out in a dip. A real spine tickler. 😫🤨Thinking about upgrading to the tricky air suspension if that would help. Love that lowered look but not the best in the twisties!
Somebody else definitely just moved to Nevada but it wasn’t me. I just saw a pic of aTriumph and a warrior on a trailer and parked in a garage here on the forum. Will have to take another look and see who that was.
**** awesome ride .
Sounds like a lot of fun n good times....

Thought u moved to Nevada

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Yesh i knw the feeling with bottoming out..
My warrior is lowered also , and I bottom it out alot ...

Yesh got a little confused....

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
Desertboy13-
It was great and my buddy is a an excellent point man.
he really knew the route so all I had to do is try to keep up. No problem on the straights but in the twisties that 1 3/4” PCS lowering link really slowed me down.On One of the last good sets I was getting on it hard and bottomed out in a dip. A real spine tickler. 😫🤨Thinking about upgrading to the tricky air suspension if that would help. Love that lowered look but not the best in the twisties!
Somebody else definitely just moved to Nevada but it wasn’t me. I just saw a pic of aTriumph and a warrior on a trailer and parked in a garage here on the forum. Will have to take another look and see who that was.
That guy, @catchinganupshift, has a unicorn ‘04 Warrior with about 350 miles on it. I helped him load a PC3 map last year as he lived about 15 minutes from me. We never got a ride in, though, and now he’s 5 or so hours away.

7861 - 7880 of 7920 Posts