RS Warrior Forum banner
7881 - 7900 of 7920 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
Even though I was running late, decided to get her cleaned up, change out the stock seat with the Corbin solo seat I received recently, and rode into work. Five miles of 1/4 mile runs and I think my clutch is starting to slip just a little... time for the Barnett's plate and 3 plate mod. Thankful for this forum and all the write-ups on this. I know it'll be a breeze.

As for the Corbin solo... it's fairly comfortable while riding but SUPER uncomfortable when stopped and legs down. It REALLY cuts into the back of my legs. I've never really had much of an issue with the stock seat but it's due to be reupholstered so maybe I'll follow @Chomorro's lead and just shave a little of the foam down. I do like how I sit more "in" the bike with the Corbin but I feel like it's for those with a more petite derrière.

Look for the seat to be up for sale once my stock seat is done. Please don't start asking for it as I'm super busy and won't be able to get around to shipping it until I'm ready. When I'm ready, you guys will be the first to know.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Even though I was running late, decided to get her cleaned up, change out the stock seat with the Corbin solo seat I received recently, and rode into work. Five miles of 1/4 mile runs and I think my clutch is starting to slip just a little... time for the Barnett's plate and 3 plate mod. Thankful for this forum and all the write-ups on this. I know it'll be a breeze.

As for the Corbin solo... it's fairly comfortable while riding but SUPER uncomfortable when stopped and legs down. It REALLY cuts into the back of my legs. I've never really had much of an issue with the stock seat but it's due to be reupholstered so maybe I'll follow @Chomorro's lead and just shave a little of the foam down. I do like how I sit more "in" the bike with the Corbin but I feel like it's for those with a more petite derrière.

Look for the seat to be up for sale once my stock seat is done. Please don't start asking for it as I'm super busy and won't be able to get around to shipping it until I'm ready. When I'm ready, you guys will be the first to know.
Your welcome to try mine out if I make the meetup!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Chomorro is the seat king. He really went above and beyond trying different seats on that golden rear.

My favorite seat also ended up being a stock pan just modded to fit me.
So they shaved down most of the stock foam and glued some new heavy density foam and then on top of that they glued a softer memory foam. And of course it was shaved down some and tapered in the right areas. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Chomorro is the seat king. He really went above and beyond trying different seats on that golden rear.

My favorite seat also ended up being a stock pan just modded to fit me.
So they shaved down most of the stock foam and glued some new heavy density foam and then on top of that they glued a softer memory foam. And of course it was shaved down some and tapered in the right areas. Night and day difference.
Hahhaha I have a precious rear end.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
872 Posts

I noticed the same with my Corbin solo seat.. but fairly quickly got used to the legs down situation.. and really noticed the difference when riding near 900km (600ish miles) in 1 go.. my backside felt a tonne better than with the stock seat!

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
I noticed the same with my Corbin solo seat.. but fairly quickly got used to the legs down situation.. and really noticed the difference when riding near 900km (600ish miles) in 1 go.. my backside felt a tonne better than with the stock seat!
Mind if I ask about your stature? I'm 175cm and just under 100kg.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
872 Posts
i'm 1m87 and 80ish kg.. but most importantly i've got the handlebars and footrests adjusted to my size

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
Yeah, but you've got height on me. I don't know that my legs will ever get used to that kind of feeling.

When I got my first Warrior 16 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long ago already), I had issues with my legs when I would touch the ground but that lasted about 3 hours. After that, I never had another issue. My issue now I don't think I'll ever get rid of.

Additionally, with your more stretched and lean stature, I bet that seat fits you a bit better. I don't feel like I quite sit down in it correctly. The higher back is nice so I don't feel like I'm going to go sliding off under hard acceleration so that's nice but it's still not all that comfortable. Not for me, anyways.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, but you've got height on me. I don't know that my legs will ever get used to that kind of feeling.

When I got my first Warrior 16 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long ago already), I had issues with my legs when I would touch the ground but that lasted about 3 hours. After that, I never had another issue. My issue now I don't think I'll ever get rid of.

Additionally, with your more stretched and lean stature, I bet that seat fits you a bit better. I don't feel like I quite sit down in it correctly. The higher back is nice so I don't feel like I'm going to go sliding off under hard acceleration so that's nice but it's still not all that comfortable. Not for me, anyways.
I'm the same. That's why I shaved down the sides of my seat to alleviate leg pressure. The seat combined with lowering links just propped me up in a strange angle. Now its perfect.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
I washed all the dirty mountain road crap off my Beast from a recent jaunt. Worth every ounce.

I have about 3 hours of free time in the morning. I think I can mow lawns in 2 hours then sweaty-jump on the bike for a smokey ride (calif forest fires blowing into Nevada suck big bananas). The bike is prepped. Gear out. Gonna make a hot run around the Top Gun school so will be testing certain speed limits. I'm gonna be very disappointed if I wake up and the smokey air is almost poisonous. My soul needs this! But 'harmful' air: **** it I'm riding!

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
How do you even have grass to mow this time of year?! Here in Seattle the grass is blonde scrub by late July and about 1/4” tall 😂

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
@Desertboy13 yep but gotta these days put some stuff first some days. Gotta mow. But up in these high pastures I think I can do both.

@LateCheckout nah I'm almost 5000 feet up and have the high Sierra's help. Yes it's an arid set of meadows. My sprinklers get a workout. Plus weed feed and stuff. Its okay. I like sitting on a good lawn with a single malt and a bit of music. Especially after a few miles of mountain twisties. Knees in the Breeze in the Trees.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
Well fraking frak frak. I went out to get yards done and was blasted in the lungs. Still can't breathe out there well. Cussing. No riding today. My paint and face and lungs might get sandblasted lol. Okay seriously tho, this sux.

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
The fires down that way are getting out of hand. Just last year my Santa Cruz in-laws had to come stay with me for a month to escape. Sounds like you have a little slice of paradise where you’re at except for the smoke. Hopefully the winds change soon and clear it out for you. Stay safe and keep that indoor air filtration going.

7881 - 7900 of 7920 Posts