RS Warrior Forum banner
7901 - 7920 of 7920 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
100 Posts
Went for a 4 hour ride this morning all backroads, 120 miles round trip out to foothills northwest of Mt Rainier and back. Smoked a VDub Jetta on the way back. Didn’t even know I was racing until he was flying up alongside me from the stoplight. Redlined 2nd gear and pulled away nicely in 3rd. 🥳Felt great after taking second to my buddy (‘71 bmw 750 airhead) through all the twisties on the way there because of the darn lowering links. I’m running the PCS links- anybody have the barons adjustable lowering kit? Curious how easy it is to switch that between lowered and normal height. I think I lost somewhere between 5 to 15° of lean angle because of the lowered rear end.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
went to leave for work and the machine wouldnt start. battery is down. i have it on the charger now. cant be to made about it. i havent put a battery in it since i bought it. so its been 4 years that i have owned it and the battery wasnt new then.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Well no new tire installed....

Freaking getting really irritated and annoyed
With all this crap....

Cause of Covid can't change ur tire
Cause of Covid we closing early....

Or it's gonna be 2 to 3 hrs for a tire change..

When are people gonna stop blaming everything on Covid...

Who doesn't want to make money anymore

15 to 20 min tire change for $50

Ahhhhhhhh.......

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Changed my tire myself. Two hour job. It’s a wrestling match against that bead, but it’s mounted. Road 240 miles across two mountain passes and saw the colors here in Colorado. Headed back tomorrow for more. Plus a side trip for some canyon riding. Mmh, feels good to crush those corners on new tread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Got tire mounted and installed yesterday evening...

Took it a small shop called
Engine Joe's...
He works on American bikes...

Awesome guy n great service

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Changed my tire myself. Two hour job. It’s a wrestling match against that bead, but it’s mounted. Road 240 miles across two mountain passes and saw the colors here in Colorado. Headed back tomorrow for more. Plus a side trip for some canyon riding. Mmh, feels good to crush those corners on new tread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must have been in my neighborhood then. over on the west slope

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
Slight oil leak was noticed recently under the drive pulley. Finally got around to addressing it. Nut was loose but the retainer was holding it on (thankfully!!). Retorqed nut and used the other tang on the retainer. Glad I bought that socket a year ago when I started seeing all the posts about loose nuts.

While I was working on her, I went ahead and cleaned the fork seals.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Slight oil leak was noticed recently under the drive pulley. Finally got around to addressing it. Nut was loose but the retainer was holding it on (thankfully!!). Retorqed nut and used the other tang on the retainer. Glad I bought that socket a year ago when I started seeing all the posts about loose nuts.

While I was working on her, I went ahead and cleaned the fork seals.
What did you finally tighten it to...ft/lbs?

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,245 Posts
Yep. 110...111...

I've been following the pulley nut problems for a while and purchased the right socket about a year ago just to be ready. I always meant to pull the cover and verify but just never got around to it (having a young daughter and a wife that's always working evenings/weekends makes for rare down time opportunities). Well, I finally got around to it.

One project down.... 99 more to go.

7901 - 7920 of 7920 Posts