RS Warrior Forum banner
7981 - 8000 of 8030 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
913 Posts
yep. I was trying to find someone that had tires in stock. I wanted a quick turn around as the weather was supposed to be nice for the weekend.
Lesson learned, find another place to have tires installed. Dealers are EXPENSIVE!
yeap..

you misspelled the word though.. they're called STealers

·
Registered
36 Posts
That’s something you’ll have to discuss with them. It also depends on what insurance coverage you have. Good luck!
The adjuster didn't care either way. He has to wait until I receive the title from the state so I can take off what I want before he schedules it to be brought to the scrap yard. I just need to get one of my buddies to come and help remove some items as I won't be able to do it myself. I'll have to see what is salvageable but anything from the front frame and forward is toast. The motor didn't look damaged but I don't think that would be something I can do. Anything from there back "SHOULD" be good. At first glance, the exhaust looked fine minutes some scratches but it's wrapped so I don't know how the pipes up front are. I mainly want to recoup my costs from the deductible and registration.

·
Super Moderator
7,599 Posts
Usually what happens is the insurance pays you out for the motorcycle, but if u wanna keep it. Than you have to buy it from INS
Company, and the value that they say it's worth.Than it gets deducted from your payout

At least here in California..
Maybe all insurance do the same.....

I would double check with n verify with your insurance company before you start stripping it....

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,879 Posts
@evilrider

Cool.

In lots of places they dirty the totaled motorcycle's VIN, making it hard to license the frame. I think probably that is why there are so many un-titled mc frames out there.

I've heard that a lot of areas around the world require an engineer to approve those frames for becoming legal again. Of course it's probably hard to afford.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
@evilrider

Cool.

In lots of places they dirty the totaled motorcycle's VIN, making it hard to license the frame. I think probably that is why there are so many un-titled mc frames out there.

I've heard that a lot of areas around the world require an engineer to approve those frames for becoming legal again. Of course it's probably hard to afford.

i thought they alwasy put a tiotaled title on it but my insurance ( geico at the time) told me they nologer did that. so they considered my motorcycle totaled but the title wasnt affected.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I sat around today and debated whether I should take out the stock airbox and add the Churchkey VBAK system on my bike for some more air flow.

My hesitancy was not for lack of great reviews and his customer service but wondering if I could keep my aftermarket chrome airbox on the right side still or if it had to be "plugged up" in some way as to not allow in too much air to the box and motor. I want to keep the chrome on the side. The clean up on these bikes look amazing on the black bikes but I am not fond of it on the purple bike like mine.

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive lighting

I just dropped off the extra rear pulley I have to be chromed also.

7981 - 8000 of 8030 Posts