RS Warrior Forum banner
8001 - 8020 of 8030 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Did you have to do anything inside to the scoop? Block it off? Take out the filter? Leave the filter inside? Add a coin holder?
Nope. Just mount it and forget it.

I think I did remove the air filter just because the cover was off to mount it but it has never been functional for me. I replaced my stock airbox with the scoop at the same time I did the AIS, VBAK, PC III, and Speedstar Exhaust. Since the under tank airbox was removed, the scoop never connected to anything.

I do have plans to make it into a tool box (right side scoop) and to hide some electronics in it (left side scoop) eventually but there's no rush on those projects. Some guys have hidden their air compressor for their air ride in the scoop.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Broke another clutch cable tonight. 2nd time in two years. Left me stranded this time. Call for a tow truck and waited two hours .Mac hearing nothing canceled the request with Allstate Roadside and rented a uhaul 17ft to haul it myself. I still want my 7 hours back and a decent clutch cable repair. Any ideas? Go hydraulic or try another cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Broke another clutch cable tonight. 2nd time in two years. Left me stranded this time. Call for a tow truck and waited two hours .Mac hearing nothing canceled the request with Allstate Roadside and rented a uhaul 17ft to haul it myself. I still want my 7 hours back and a decent clutch cable repair. Any ideas? Go hydraulic or try another cable.

Start a thread on this but I have the usual bolt ons with a Barnett diaphragm (stock plates) with a stock cable. This is my second cable and the first was swapped during a front end re-fresh and I have approx. 50k+. I do not granny the bike nor do I abuse it like it owes me money. She gets a regular beating from time to time.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

As Hefty said start a new post in technical discussion and answer these questions.
Do you have clutch mods?
A Barnett cable should last a long time.
I have several clutch mods and my clutch is quite heavy but I've never had an issue with the Barnett cable.
Where did it break? Could it be a routing issue?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for caring! Tough being stranded in the cold and dark with a near empty tank and an engine that won’t keep you warm anymore.

Here’s my thread which I’ll fill in as I order parts and complete repairs.
Broke another clutch cable. Need help for a better repair this time a round and adjustment.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Either gain 200 pounds to lower the rear or lowering links to show it off more.

The holidays are coming up but whatever is easier. ;)
Haha! Since this tire is taller than my old one, I actually am considering some adjustable links but how about this angle?
Tire Wheel Sports equipment Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
OMG! That looks so awesome.
I need to find a Yamaha Raider or widened Warrior swingarm and a widened chrome rim for cheap in the very near future.

That's the way this bike should have looked from the factory.
I actually started looking for a Raider swing arm a few months ago but I couldn’t find a straight answer on how big a tire they could accommodate stock. I knew I wanted to go as big as 260 but no more as I REALLY love the stock fender and lines. One of the last available swing arm modders offers a Raider 260 mod so I figured it couldn’t take that stock…

And then Desertboy posted and I knew I couldn’t pass it up.

8001 - 8020 of 8030 Posts