RS Warrior Forum banner
8041 - 8060 of 8103 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
You know what that is right....
Sprayed on seed and pulp. Stabilises the bank and stops the wind from blowing the sand away till the seed takes root and the grass grows.....

Many thanks for clarification, wasn't sure .... if your response would have been something like "sorry, that court was built by my neighbour" ....... I would plan to watch the Australian Open next time ...... 🤣🤣👍

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
It's 3 o'clock in the morning...I should get some shut eye get ready for the next Warrior adventure......milkshakes and burgers at Baldy's favourite haunt.....Baldy you still up?
Baldy!!!! Nup! Reckon the young fella went to bed hours ago.
I'm gone.
Sure … anytime except this weekend & the week days I’m occupied .. Most Tuesdays lunch at Jarrahdale is always good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hard work I expect Desertboy13 pulling apart something that brought you pleasure and joy.
You know what that is right....
Sprayed on seed and pulp. Stabilises the bank and stops the wind from blowing the sand away till the seed takes root and the grass grows.....

Many thanks for clarification, wasn't sure .... if your response would have been something like "sorry, that court was built by my neighbour" ....... I would plan to watch the Australian Open next time ...... 🤣🤣👍
Oh Thommy the Australian Open is definitely worth a look. Courts are near enought to flat, beautifully crafted and maintained.
It's the some of the players led by the 'Joker '
who get all bent outta shape😎🤩🥳🤯🤗

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
923 Posts
2 weeks.. she's only parked up while i'm away.. riding weather to me is any day there's no snow or black ice on the road.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
its been a few dergees below what i like to ride in the last week or so. however the news saus we are going to have weather between 77-84 degrees on christmas eve. looks llike another motorcycle christmas here.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,531 Posts
Our mornings here in Los Angeles have been around 2°C (36°F). Not quite freezing but still VERY chilly for the area. During the day, though, it's warming up to 15°C (60°F) or so. Looking forward to getting out for a ride soon (once I get my flashed ECU back from Ivan today and the rain stops...).

·
Super Moderator
7,678 Posts
Yesh mornings here also chilly...

Hopefully I can get out , and ride on Christmas day, but it's supposed to rain.....

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
****!.....My wife just had keyhole surgery on her AC joint so I'm tending to her while she's camped up on the recliner in the theatre room, aircon on.
Working the times I can slip out for a ride, looks like 4am-6am 0r 7am-10am. She showers at 6.15am so I need to help her with that and dressing etc.
Tomorrow morning I'll be out and about on the Warrior but home by 10am when it hits 30C
Seems like we are all dealing with temperature/weather extremes on either side of the planet.
Anyway my friends I wish you and yours a safe and happy festive season.
Ride safe, have a blast. All the best Warriors!
Cheers
Rocksfly

·
Registered
76 Posts
My First Ride of 2022.
Up into the hills behind Perth Western Australia through the historic township of Jarrahdale and on to the Serpentine Dam.
Very little traffic on the road. On the way out, traffic cops had a vehicle pulled over and coming home a general duties police vehicle tailed me for a while, as I made a left at a round about close to home I watched them in my mirrors crawl through the round about watching me. Guess they were waiting for me to 'get on it' and when I didn't they went on their 'merry' way.
Perth experienced a 10 day heat wave leading up to and through Christmas towards new years we had 5 or 6, 42 - 43 Celsius days. That's roughly 110 plus degrees Fahrenheit. Parts of the power grid fried...Widespread power outages and folks with spoiled fridge and freezer foods stuffs, losing the lot before Christmas.
Most had power back in a short period of time but I understand it took 6 days to return some to power.
Today was a mild 28 C and I headed off by 10am toward the hills. I took the back roads Armadale, Nicholson, Kargotich, Mundijong, Southwest Highway and Jarrahdale roads through country pastures dried off now after the wettest winter on record here in Perth.
The country now a tinderbox. We lost a 60 plus houses last year in shocking fires, this year we have two ex US Blackhawks converted to water bombers on standby to get us through the dry months.
Geographically, think LA and Perth is very similar, so the fires are a yearly concern.
As I headed up into the hills the temp dropped, so good.... and with a few twisties but hampered a little by the speed limit, I had watch my enthusiasm and speed given the prevalence of law enforcement and stationary radar units ( speed cameras ) I had seen.
Once I'd passed Jarrahdale and turn right heading up and over the range I was in the twistie narrow section of road leading into Serpentine Dam and in a 90km zone. Fairly safe to turn on a bit more than that, so let the Warrior breath a little more air and roll naturally through the corners.
In no time at all, I arrived at the Dam and given there was bugger all traffic on the roads, I figured it to be a safe bet to pull up on the Dam wall ( strictly no pulling up and parking at any time ) and snapped a few quick pics with the V Twin still throbbing away. Up to the top car park for some more pics and a vape session...needed a Nic Hit.
10 minutes later I head down to the bottom car park of the dam wall.
Years ago you could get right down into the underflow section and get wet. All fenced off now but I could see and hear a considerable amount of water down in the gully rushing away back down the range, near enough in the direction I'd come from.
There were dozens of parrots and even a Kookaburra. The parrots fly to you, settle on your head or shoulder and try to steal a feed.
After chatting with the older couple, taking a few more pics and hitting up the vape again, ole mate came over to look at the bike. Turned out he was a Cert IV qualified Trainer Assessor like myself and we banged on for a while about common ground experiences and bikes.
He was amazed at the Warriors pristine condition for it's 17 years and as he said goodbye, he asked if I'd open her up a little because he'd enjoyed hearing the pops and burbles when I'd come down the hill earlier.
Needless to say once mounted the Warrior roared to life and made a considerable contribution to the cacophonous sounds the bird's and the flowing water were providing.
Heading back across the dam wall, I rolled on the throttle and through the first four gears, then dropped it back a couple of cogs as I headed up hill back in the 40km zone, then back to cruising speeds over the range and on to home.
Couldn't have asked for less traffic, a better summers day for the first ride of 2022.
The only thing that would have made it better...a couple more bikes including Baldy on his Warrior.
Have a great and safe year ahead.
Cheers
Rocksfly

Sky Wheel Fuel tank Tire Water

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Water Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape

Glasses Bird Plant Tree Beard

Plant Outdoor bench Table Tire Wheel

Plant Tree Road surface Leaf Botany

Plant community Plant Tree Bird Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Sky