RS Warrior Forum banner
8061 - 8080 of 8103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
The only thing that would have made it better...a couple more bikes including Baldy on his Warrior.
Have a great and safe year ahead.
Cheers
Rocksfly

Good read mate, you could write a novel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
Reckon it was only a couple of paragraphs short of a novel..
;)
It felt like I was there …

Yesterday I was out riding on the GTR … 377k of nice roads through Collie & Dardanup ..

Jarrahdale General Store on Tuesday around 11am if your about, I’ll dust off the Warriors cobwebs .

·
Registered
76 Posts
It felt like I was there …

Yesterday I was out riding on the GTR … 377k of nice roads through Collie & Dardanup ..

Jarrahdale General Store on Tuesday around 11am if your about, I’ll dust off the Warriors cobwebs .

Hey buddy,
Back to work next week, so yeah.!!
The back has a few twinges, more from nursing the wife last 2 1/2 weeks than the little riding I've done, so yeah Baldy, see you then.
Is the General Store on the main drag and which side as I come in to Jarrahdale?

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
923 Posts
Well.. time t take her out of winter storage again..
can't ride though.. 5 days of mandatory quarantine coming back from a high risk area

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,978 Posts
@rocksfly

Fantastic ride report and awesome pictures, you live in God's Country for certain. I've said it before and I'll say it again: nice bike. Only question is, could the cops have caught you!! 🤔

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
Took the cover off the Warrior and rode to Jarrahdale Old General Store where the Burgers & Milkshakes are some of the best … Met up with Rocksfly and along with 15 other guys I know from our local Ulysses group … warm day again but a cool ride around Serpentine Dam and back home for a cool swim in the pool.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Water

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well now Baldy.....
When I pulled up to put one of the 'Twins' ( both Warriors 10/2004 builds/born) away it was 36C ( near enough 97 Fahrenheit ). By the time I had the younger twin ;) put to bed and I shed the jacket and trousers I'd lost a couple liters of fluids.
Mate nice cool ride heading up there this morning....friggin hot this arvo.
I hadn't been along that back road and was struggling to keep you in sight thru the twisty sections of the rolling hills, akin to a roller coaster ride, pulling G forces, All that and our turn of speed in places was almost ballistic @arizonawarrior ( they'd never catch Baldy 😳😂😂😂) I swear, I was shittin bricks, that we'd get 'pinged' by radar cams or suddenly come across a traffic copper hiding in the scrub. The loss of 2 demerit points and $200 still fresh on my mind.
Having cleared the ranges and back on the flats, I couldn't understand how we ended up south of the Jarrahdale turn off. I guess that had something to do with the 'Twins' having become 'time machines'.😉 Totally disoriented I thought we'd be north of the turn off and about to enter Byford.o_O
It was bloody marvelous to cruise along the Southwest Highway behind my 'Captain' on his Warrior, occasionally coming up alongside, we swapped positions from time to time and I certainly enjoyed seeing another rider on the same bike I love to ride. I don't normally do a side by side ride but somehow it just felt right with the two twins and Baldy on the other. You look way cool on that Warrior ole mate.
It was great to meet a bunch of blokes Baldy spends time with and to check out their rides.
Oh well, wasn't due back at work till next Monday but I'm back delivering courses tomorrow as another trainer decided not to get Vax'd.....Wondering why I came out of retirement when there's days like this to be had.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sky Cloud Wheel Plant Tire

Tire Sky Property Wheel Vehicle

Thanks ole mate. Top Shelf Baldy.

Rocksfly.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
923 Posts
Ulysses is a World Wide ‘club’ for motorcyclists over the age of 40. Their Motto is ‘Grow Old Disgracefully’

HMMMMmm.. the article starts with "The Ulysses Club is a club for motorcyclists over age 40 in Australia. A sibling organisation of the same name exists in New Zealand."

so much for world wide ;)

looks like a decent club though

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,531 Posts
HMMMMmm.. the article starts with "The Ulysses Club is a club for motorcyclists over age 40 in Australia. A sibling organisation of the same name exists in New Zealand."

so much for world wide ;)

looks like a decent club though
Well, the article goes on to say:

“It is the largest organisation of its kind with over 138 branches in Australia and it now has branches in Germany, Vietnam (2008), South Africa (1997), Norway,[3] Zimbabwe, the Netherlands, Switzerland,[4]France,[5] Great Britain[6] and Cuba, with external members of the Australian club in Italy, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Fiji, China, Austria, Thailand and the United States.[2]

Looks pretty world wide to me. 😉
Cheers! 🍻

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
436 Posts
I looked at a picture of my motorcycles today. Tore my MCL around my knee so enjoying the couch, the downstairs of my home, and crutches. Thank Gawd 2021 is over. Too much drama at the end of it!

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
436 Posts
Whoa... That sucks..

What happened man

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk
Indoor soccer and a lifetime of sports finally caught up with me. A loud pop and a leg that felt like it was hanging on a piece of dental floss.
Great game with some great diving saves. Went to grab the ball above my head with arms outstretched and it popped pretty loud. Left the game limping and been out for 2 weeks now.

Been a crazy last 6 months for me. But I accept it all the best I can with a smile and graciousness.
Hope to be back on a bike in the next 3 months. No surgery needed.

8061 - 8080 of 8103 Posts