RS Warrior Forum banner
8101 - 8120 of 8302 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
Hi Random Guy

Hope you well on the mend mate.

Just looking at your pic of the Brakeaway Cruise Control.
Is it a special part number to fit the Warrior or is it the universal?
Did you have to special order?
Was it an easy install?

Cheers
Rocksfly..
It’s is a specific part number but it fits a LOT of other model bikes. Not really a special order, just gotta pick the right one.

Install was really easy, just takes a little patience. I was installing my grips too so the area was already partially opened up but that wasn’t that big of a deal. I thought I might have to remove my grip during install but I didn’t.

Here’s a link to where I bought it. You need the part number 7CP01.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,483 Posts
I bought mine waay back when they first came out. It was a different part# back then, and it was a very tight fitment over the ISO grips. PITA actually. But it still works fine. Adjusted it a couple times in over 10 years. A very short shot of WD40 in one spot (you'll see it) once a year. That's it.

SUBSEQUENT TO WHEN I BOUGHT MINE they brought out a new part that is EASIER TO INSTALL over stock and even over ISO grips, and that is the part number Random linked above.

It's pretty much the best looking and best operating controller out there. It takes a bit to adjust the first time. Read every word and sequence in the instructions and it'll suddenly make sense and come together. For the most part, it's set-and-forget.

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha RS Warrior (Indigo)
133 Posts
I may have gotten lucky today. Surfing the web and seen something about cams , so just for the **** of it I found the speedstar cam part number. Then I copy and pasted it to ebay and lo and behold first thing popped up is a used set of speedstar cams , well it’s definitely the box they came in with the correct part number. If they are actually the right cams for the box is yet to be seen. I took a gamble and bought them for $92 shipped. They are not listed as being speedstar cams , they are listed as OEM cams but they may not know that they are the unobtainable speedstar cams. We will see if I got lucky or not.
Gas Auto part Cable Transparency Personal protective equipment
Packaging and labeling Font Packing materials Label Carton

·
Registered
2005 Warrior Midnight
59 Posts
S
Share some photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly I took none. 1300 km round trip with very little sleep all in the same day. I will post some up soon when I get back to storage and look at it.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I may have gotten lucky today. Surfing the web and seen something about cams , so just for the **** of it I found the speedstar cam part number. Then I copy and pasted it to ebay and lo and behold first thing popped up is a used set of speedstar cams , well it’s definitely the box they came in with the correct part number. If they are actually the right cams for the box is yet to be seen. I took a gamble and bought them for $92 shipped. They are not listed as being speedstar cams , they are listed as OEM cams but they may not know that they are the unobtainable speedstar cams. We will see if I got lucky or not.
View attachment 255357 View attachment 255358
best of luck. you'll have to measure the lobes to know for sure what you got. I just watched a YouTube video not too long ago on measuring cam lobes. a pair of micrometers is all you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Warrior Midnight
59 Posts
Forgot I sent some to the Mrs. The new to me bike…

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha RS Warrior (Indigo)
133 Posts
best of luck. you'll have to measure the lobes to know for sure what you got. I just watched a YouTube video not too long ago on measuring cam lobes. a pair of micrometers is all you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Should be here Saturday and will check measurements.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
I finally got to take my girl out for a ride (just 5 miles to work, but it counts) with the new upgrades (Ivans Flash, grips, cruise). I gotta say, that Flash REALLY impresses me. I still have a lot of decel popping, but am hoping that I just need a longer ride for the ECU to properly read all the sensors and work out a proper "tune" for me. I do have Church's VBAK, AIS Delete, and Gen II Speedstar Exhaust so I might have to get a proper tune on my PC III (currently removed from the circuits, but still on the bike).

Anyways, as I was accelerating away from a stop light, I realized I don't have a "bike" anymore. She's much more of a 😈 DEMON!! 😈 Screaming out of he11!! Ready to rip the heads off anyone that crosses her!!

Soooo...... that's fun!! Oh! And the grips are nice too!

8101 - 8120 of 8302 Posts