RS Warrior Forum banner
8121 - 8140 of 8302 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
i drove my seat out to an upholster for a mild reboot. ive never used this guy but his portfolio pics were nice. drove it 45 min. hope it turns out nice. oh and i ordered a new battery for it a few days ago. hope it gets here soon. even though its to cold to ride at the moment i hate when i cant fire it.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
it was oddly warm for January today. if you take into account that it was 17 degrees with an 8 degree wind chill on Friday its crazy that it was sunny and 55 today with no wind. the seat to the warrior is gone so i blasted around the neighborhood on the firebolt. beautiful day to be blessed with. also cleaned up the garage to prep for some project work.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
i drove my seat out to an upholster for a mild reboot. ive never used this guy but his portfolio pics were nice. drove it 45 min. hope it turns out nice. oh and i ordered a new battery for it a few days ago. hope it gets here soon. even though its to cold to ride at the moment i hate when i cant fire it.
G'day evilrider.
Liked the new upholstery on your seats.
Does the upholsterer have a link to his portfolio of work?

When you talk about shaving it down.....are you talking about depth and or taking a little off the 'horn' and rolling more off the edges?

What exactly were you looking to achieve?

It certainly looks quality. Would you mind telling us what the upholsterer actually did, leather/pleather areas and what it cost?

Thanks Mate.

Rocksfly

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
he shaved it down so it was thinner and sat me down lower and further back into the bike. im on the taller side of average and a little extra room is a good thing. then he put a thin (1/2inch) piece of memory foam or something similar and covered it with a nice piece of black leather and sewed in the diamond pattern. he offered to use any color thread i wanted but i just went plain black. that way im not stuck with a particular accent color. it cost $180

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha RS Warrior (Indigo)
133 Posts
best of luck. you'll have to measure the lobes to know for sure what you got. I just watched a YouTube video not too long ago on measuring cam lobes. a pair of micrometers is all you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I got the cams in and as I thought they are not speedstar cams they are stock. Seller will let me return them. They are very good looking though.

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
568 Posts
with a beautiful 66 degree sunny day i was able to ride to the gym. what a great ride. getting oddly warm weather in January is a gift. have to jump on that and enjoy. new seat looks great and is proving to be more comfortable that the stock unit. so onto the next mod i guess.
Post a pic of it (The seat) on the bike so we can see it matched up?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Been busy with work and this summer heatwave have been crazy.
We had a 42.3C yesterday.....13 days this summer over 40C here in the City of Perth, Western Australia. Beats the old record of 7days above 40C.
Bushfire abound and Southwest townships of Denmark and Bridgetown yesterday lost structures and houses...crazy hot summer.

Today an overcast 26C .
Warrior had not been ridden for 3 weeks.
Took the 'girl' for a blap around some country backroads today.......it never gets old!

Rocksfly

8121 - 8140 of 8302 Posts