RS Warrior Forum banner
8261 - 8280 of 8302 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,488 Posts
That is only the second time I have seen that.

It actually works to fool the smog folks. But it doesn't seem to solve popping out of the exhaust.

Of course solving it takes more than just plugging the AIS (-AIS). So it's a confusing solution in the first place.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
Welp! I swapped my stock water heater back on... My Speedstar Gen II was just getting a little loud. I'M NOT SELLING IT but it is nice to have a little quiet back. I'm sure I'll put it back on soon enough but now my bike is CRAZY quiet!! I feel like a ninja, sneaking around, cutting through traffic without anyone knowing... I've kinda missed it.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
Did you mod the stock water heater yet?
Not yet. I want to keep my stock one stock for now. I think I have a lead on a couple others, though, and hope to pick one of them up this month for modding.

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
568 Posts
Welp! I swapped my stock water heater back on... My Speedstar Gen II was just getting a little loud. I'M NOT SELLING IT but it is nice to have a little quiet back. I'm sure I'll put it back on soon enough but now my bike is CRAZY quiet!! I feel like a ninja, sneaking around, cutting through traffic without anyone knowing... I've kinda missed it.

View attachment 256363

View attachment 256364
Almost like driving a Tesla huh? ;)

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
Random night ride around Los Angeles tonight. Finally found this place. Been the scene of many a movie and vehicle ads.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Also checked out Bike Shed Motor Co. SUPER cool biker hangout in the arts district.
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Motor vehicle

·
Registered
207 Posts

View attachment 256363

View attachment 256364
Random, did your S* Gen II come black (or did you have it refinished?) Mine is scratched on the heat shield but it survived my accident last November, I want to make it flat black and see if I can get someone to smooth out that rough part.

·
Registered
207 Posts
In keeping with the thread title, I rode my Warrior today around the neighborhood after I fixed two hose clamps that were too large. It was spitting gas out last night after I did a left-side clean-up and replaced some of the plumbing with another fuel line. While I'm posting about it, I was finally able to repair most of the rest of the things on my bike after a distracted female in a cage sent me sliding down the road 50'. Anyway, here's what I did the past two days:
  • Replaced the parts of my forward controls that were damaged
  • Replaced my heated grips (one was ripped off in the crash)
  • Replaced the right bar-end turn signal (also forcibly removed in said crash)
  • Relocated my fog lights
  • Installed a new windshield
  • Installed a set of spike air filters (not needed as I have a factory BAK but they look cool)
  • Installed @Heftysmurf's pulley he sent me (and cover) - works great! This should be a required mod on ANY Warrior!
  • Bled the brakes
  • Checked tire pressures
  • Added some oil
  • Reinstalled & adjusted new mirrors
  • Straightened out my pipes (bent braket - see crash info above)
  • Installed the horn that was in my Jeep (which I replaced with a Bad Boy, and since the Jeep horn is only marginally better I plan on putting a Bad Boy on the Warrior too)
  • Put my radar detector and GPS back on

Whew! Took a day off work and most of Saturday afternoon/evening to figure everything out but not I'm ready for riding again! I still need to install my tank - will probably re-route the left side dry-break when I do that, and then it needs paint. Almost there!

Raz

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
Hey Random..

You gotta run that 250 in the canyons..

Looking flat in middle

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk
It’s just dusty from the parking lot. I grind my pegs quite often… 😉

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
Random, did your S* Gen II come black (or did you have it refinished?) Mine is scratched on the heat shield but it survived my accident last November, I want to make it flat black and see if I can get someone to smooth out that rough part.
I got it done in Cerakote Glacier Black. It was part stripped and part chrome when I got it. I knew it was going black when I bought it but I would’ve done a high-temp powder coat had I thought it through. The Cerakote came out MUCH flatter than I wanted. Been thinking of doing VHT clear on it to bring a little shine to it. Not too much but more than what’s there…
Where it started:
Office supplies Wood Font Audio equipment Cable

Where it finished:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

It’s MUCH flatter than it looks…

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
In keeping with the thread title, I rode my Warrior today around the neighborhood after I fixed two hose clamps that were too large. It was spitting gas out last night after I did a left-side clean-up and replaced some of the plumbing with another fuel line. While I'm posting about it, I was finally able to repair most of the rest of the things on my bike after a distracted female in a cage sent me sliding down the road 50'. Anyway, here's what I did the past two days:
  • Replaced the parts of my forward controls that were damaged
  • Replaced my heated grips (one was ripped off in the crash)
  • Replaced the right bar-end turn signal (also forcibly removed in said crash)
  • Relocated my fog lights
  • Installed a new windshield
  • Installed a set of spike air filters (not needed as I have a factory BAK but they look cool)
  • Installed @Heftysmurf's pulley he sent me (and cover) - works great! This should be a required mod on ANY Warrior!
  • Bled the brakes
  • Checked tire pressures
  • Added some oil
  • Reinstalled & adjusted new mirrors
  • Straightened out my pipes (bent braket - see crash info above)
  • Installed the horn that was in my Jeep (which I replaced with a Bad Boy, and since the Jeep horn is only marginally better I plan on putting a Bad Boy on the Warrior too)
  • Put my radar detector and GPS back on

Whew! Took a day off work and most of Saturday afternoon/evening to figure everything out but not I'm ready for riding again! I still need to install my tank - will probably re-route the left side dry-break when I do that, and then it needs paint. Almost there!

Raz
That accident sucks. Glad to hear you’re getting her fixed up.

8261 - 8280 of 8302 Posts