RS Warrior Forum banner
8281 - 8300 of 8302 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
991 Posts
It sure was fun, very tiring though..
there were plenty of backfires.. just not really in this vid.. not audible anyway..
mic placement makes the bike sound a bit shitty .. irl it sounds a lot better.. but i couldn't be arsed to set up a different mic.
I tried that once.. recording the audio with my phone in my backpack.. also cuts out most of the wind noise.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Took the bikes out for the first official ride of the year. I always forget a little over the winter how awesome of a bike the warrior is. I get to fall in love with it all over again every spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
Gonna need some new exhaust wrap after that day at the races as well

btw.. does anyone know how much wrap to get, i can't find out how much i got last time.. but it was just enough.
Wow, must habe been a HOT race (y):cool:
Dunno how long that tape has to be, but they sell 10m pieces .... should be enough, I guess ?
Remember to start wrapping at the end of the header and roll to the front. Looks smoother.
That tape needs be wet, correct ?

.... share pics hence done, Peter.

Ah ..... do you paint with a can after wrapping ?

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
991 Posts
Wow, must habe been a HOT race (y):cool:
Dunno how long that tape has to be, but they sell 10m pieces .... should be enough, I guess ?
Remember to start wrapping at the end of the header and roll to the front. Looks smoother.
That tape needs be wet, correct ?

.... share pics hence done, Peter.

Ah ..... do you paint with a can after wrapping ?
yea.. when i bought the tape it was black.. after a couple of weeks it turned white.. so i sprayed it with grey VHT paint.. same stuff that's on the header pipes themselves..
and yeap.. i did put it on wet.. though i am finding tapes that do not need to be applied wet as well (not that i care)

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
I think I’ve used around 10m on my pipes but it depends a lot on style, overlap, and length (full pipe, just header, just ends, etc.). Always done mine dry. I think this was about 8m worth.

Tail Composite material Metal Font Terrestrial animal

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,488 Posts
Oh man that brings back a flood of memories. In the seventies I went to a lot of events at capitol. They used to have sort of an open house sale of vinyl and could rummage. I met folks who worked there and from that I did some odd jobs at first just for records. So I got into rooftop events and from that learned about the viper room and got in there for a few years. Fact is I came up dirt poor and worked from 13 to get music and car/bike parts and sorta tried to do perfect work even as a clueless kid. Everyone there was nice to me. Plenty of long laughs. I'm gonna put that picture on my garage wall. 🤪 thanks!

Oh, I had to look it up to remember, your bike is parked close to Paul McCartney 's star at the Capitol entrance. It's a pretty cool pair of pictures!

8281 - 8300 of 8302 Posts