RS Warrior Forum banner
8361 - 8380 of 8403 Posts

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Took a couple quick rides one backroads and a bomb down the highway and I am impressed with Ivan's flash. I already thought my bike ran amazing and this flash just made it absolute perfection. Where the 33t pulley didn't bog the motor down it definitely likes it better now. Feels easier to ride. Anyone on the fence about it do it! FYI they will be away from the shop for the next month July 29- September 5th or 6th.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a small dent on the left side of my tank from a previous owner. First I am trying to heat up the dent and then freeze the bend points to pop it back. I have had some success but not fully out. It's almost unnoticeable at this point, but I think I am at the end of the road with the heat/freeze. I think I finally found the rattle under my tank too. There rubber slip map slid down and I've adjusted it back into place.

Slowly undoing all the mess ups from the previous owner. Noticed the clutch lever assembly was mounted upside down and the torsion return spring was broken because of it. Have one on order (with shipping twice as much as the part haha). Next up is the rear brake reservoir tank replace. The previous owner pulled it off and jammed it up under the seat all loosey goosey 🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,295 Posts
Next up is the rear brake reservoir tank replace. The previous owner pulled it off and jammed it up under the seat all loosey goosey 🤦‍♂️
That’s not an uncommon mod. A lot of guys try to clean up the rear wheel area and having that reservoir hanging out there is somewhat unsightly. Some guys completely remove the reservoir and just run with what fluid is in the line (they leave it long and plug it, but that’s it). I’m actually getting ready to relocate my reservoir under my seat (along with a super long list of other mods and accessories). I’d say if the fluid isn’t spilling and you’ve got good braking power, just leave it but secure/pad it in place so it’s not bouncing around in there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That’s not an uncommon mod. A lot of guys try to clean up the rear wheel area and having that reservoir hanging out there is somewhat unsightly. Some guys completely remove the reservoir and just run with what fluid is in the line (they leave it long and plug it, but that’s it). I’m actually getting ready to relocate my reservoir under my seat (along with a super long list of other mods and accessories). I’d say if the fluid isn’t spilling and you’ve got good braking power, just leave it but secure/pad it in place so it’s not bouncing around in there.
I do quite like the clean look of it not being outside. I'm definitely going to replace the position of it under the seat. No leaks, and it functions great, but I do worry about it just haphazardly sitting in there. Sometimes it causes issues putting the seat back on, so next up is securing it in a working position.

·
Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
674 Posts
Went for a ride today. Got the bike up to 85mph for a quick second. Fun! The desert heat rushing felt great. Gotta gain weight to go much faster. Ha ha ha.
Stopped to have a drink.
First fill up with 87 instead of Premium 91 and it ran better and less "popping" upon deceleration. Hardly noticed it. Very excited.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Fuel tank Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Cloud

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
i havent been on my bike since the 13th and its killing me. it has been very hot. all the days last week hit 100 and we broke a state record at 111 one day. thats not why i havent been riding but ya know a/c is good but motorcycle seat time is better.
It was over 100 in Vegas today as I rode. My eyes were very dry at higher speeds.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Barnet's clutch cable broked. The end lug has broked off. With this cable, my warrior's mileage is 48000 km. The end lug is in perfect condition. The cable looks great too. But it will no longer be possible to use it)))

I replaced it by the old rusty cable, which one man gave me to help on the road when I broke the previous barnet cable. This rusty cable, with several broken threads, was given to me with the words that this should be enough for me only to get to the store and buy a new cable. But in the end, this cable helped me to travel all over Europe far and wide. I rided about 40,000 kilometers with it and it is still intact))) Unlike the barnet. Already the third one!

I'll still try to repair the barnet cable, but that's probably enough. Too much trust in this brand and too many defects on their part.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,295 Posts
Barnet's clutch cable broked. The end lug has broked off. With this cable, my warrior's mileage is 48000 km. The end lug is in perfect condition. The cable looks great too. But it will no longer be possible to use it)))

I replaced it by the old rusty cable, which one man gave me to help on the road when I broke the previous barnet cable. This rusty cable, with several broken threads, was given to me with the words that this should be enough for me only to get to the store and buy a new cable. But in the end, this cable helped me to travel all over Europe far and wide. I rided about 40,000 kilometers with it and it is still intact))) Unlike the barnet. Already the third one!

I'll still try to repair the barnet cable, but that's probably enough. Too much trust in this brand and too many defects on their part.
Sounds like a warranty issue for Barnett. Have you reached out to inform them of this issue? If you've gone through three of them, there's definitely something wrong with their product.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue for Barnett. Have you reached out to inform them of this issue? If you've gone through three of them, there's definitely something wrong with their product.
Didn't apply for cables under warranty. I don't see the point. I contacted them about the problem of a bearing with a plastic cage in the BPP. They denied warranty for me. But I predicted that they would quietly change the bearing and this fact would be proof of their lies:

In confirmation of my words, a friend's bearing with a plastic separator in the BPP collapsed in tandem with their "golden" springs. And recently, another friend on a Harley had a bearing failure in BPP. And they came to me for advice what by I replaced the BPP bearing 40 thousand kilometers ago ¯\(ツ)

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,295 Posts
Didn't apply for cables under warranty. I don't see the point. I contacted them about the problem of a bearing with a plastic cage in the BPP. They denied warranty for me. But I predicted that they would quietly change the bearing and this fact would be proof of their lies:

In confirmation of my words, a friend's bearing with a plastic separator in the BPP collapsed in tandem with their "golden" springs. And recently, another friend on a Harley had a bearing failure in BPP. And they came to me for advice what by I replaced the BPP bearing 40 thousand kilometers ago ¯\(ツ)
I didn't read everything but it seems you've been down this road with Barnett's already. That really sucks. Their factory is about 45 miles from my house. Too bad there's nothing I can do to help...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Too bad there's nothing I can do to help...
Buddy, no problem. 48 thousand on one cable is not at all a terrible result. Sometime much worse things happens on the road. The Barnet product for me today is such an indicator: no matter how much money you paid for the product, this does not make it gold. It can fail at any moment, no matter how you try to save it. And vice versa. Sometimes you buy something for a penny, for a short time. From the very beginning, you set yourself up that you bought garbage and it will soon break. But it continues to work correctly!)))

Customer support and warranty support - that's what Barnet really sucks at.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,295 Posts

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
I think you need more...
Just bought one 3 days ago from Facebook. It's scratched all to **** but I was going to try to sand it down and polish it.

Thank Gawd I have friends who have a Facebook account since I don't!

Putting this one on my WatchList now in case the other one is not able to be saved.

Thank you.

8361 - 8380 of 8403 Posts