RS Warrior Forum banner
8381 - 8400 of 8403 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Made a few updates. Replaced front turn signals with new ones. How bright they are when new!

Installed iridium spark plugs.

At the same time I checked the carbon deposits on the old ones - the correct mixture.

Managed to repair a torn clutch cable:

And one more observation regarding the Churchkey's intake kit. It completes with pieces of hose-cuffs without cutouts to compensate for the shape of the throttle body. Although it is easy can be read from the shape of the factory intake box. All these dances with the search for the position of pipes to filters grow from here. In my kit, it's time to change the hoses. There was no longer any place for their reliable fastening - they deformed, became too soft. I bought a replacement for Ali. But before installing, I thought to cut the metal tube to change the position of the filter, to place it lower. However, I was given a much more elegant solution.

The filter got up easily and correctly immediately. I would have known about this in advance - I would have done so at the first installation.

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
1,157 Posts
What did I do to my Warrior today ( yesterday my time ). I install a new LED headlight. Naturally with the 5.75” lens there is a bit of playroom once put inside the housing. I tried to get that rubber mold that Bryan showed, but could get anything remotely like it. So I knew what I wanted and I knew I would have to make it work. I came across some 3 ribbed rubber with adhesive edge. So I wrapped this rubber around the globe so I knew where to do the cut. I then carefully removed the adhesive strip and carefully wrapped it around the lights circumference. So I have the rubber wrapped around. So now there are 3 ribs showing. To add strength to the rubber I wrapped some fine tie wire around the middle rib and locked it in place. Now I had already modified the headlight frame and used liquid steel to hold it all in place. When I placed the headlight into the outer I flipped the out rib so that it would completely seal the whole headlight and frame perfectly. Started the bike just to check to see that all is working and I took it for a spin last night. I’m totally happy with what I did lol. I will post a picture of the ribbed rubber if required.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
ive been calling around trying to find a place that can alter the frame on my warrior. i guess its more difficult than i thought because it hase to be altered then heat treated to get its strength back. i also looked for a palce that can build a one off frame. i found one but its expensive. $2500! for the frame! i asked why and he said the cost of materials ,covid inflation blah blah blah

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,295 Posts
ive been calling around trying to find a place that can alter the frame on my warrior. i guess its more difficult than i thought because it hase to be altered then heat treated to get its strength back. i also looked for a palce that can build a one off frame. i found one but its expensive. $2500! for the frame! i asked why and he said the cost of materials ,covid inflation blah blah blah
Do you need a replacement frame for yours? I might know a guy… 😉

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,295 Posts
Got the rare combination of decent weather and some spare time today, so I got her out for a ride.
Had her for almost 12 months now and cracking the throttle open still makes me smile View attachment 257527
I think and I are the last two running a stock exhaust at the moment. 😉

·
Registered
06 Midnight
78 Posts
Real nice hot rod you have there, great picture!
Cheers mate, they're such a great bike.
Only thing I'd really like to change is the seat, get a bit sore after an hour or so.

I think and I are the last two running a stock exhaust at the moment. 😉
Hahaha, yeah I've got the V&H big radius pipes still sitting on the other bike but haven't been able to bring myself to swap them

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
1,157 Posts
I finally got the air filter I wanted on the Warrior, even though it’s had the big air job. It looked naked on the right side. I went for a ride to my favourite coffee place and decided to do a walk around. Don’t turn the sound on as I didn’t say anything lol. Now all I need is a tacho and a 33 tooth pulley and I’ll be happy. However both items seem to be as rare as dinosaur schiet.
Ummm how do I load a YouTube video ?

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,295 Posts
I finally got the air filter I wanted on the Warrior, even though it’s had the big air job. It looked naked on the right side. I went for a ride to my favourite coffee place and decided to do a walk around. Don’t turn the sound on as I didn’t say anything lol. Now all I need is a tacho and a 33 tooth pulley and I’ll be happy. However both items seem to be as rare as dinosaur schiet.
Ummm how do I load a YouTube video ?
Copy the link from YouTube and click these three dots…
Organism Font Terrestrial plant Technology Screenshot

Select “Media” and paste your link. Then post it!

8381 - 8400 of 8403 Posts