RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
8501 - 8520 of 8525 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
777 Posts
Even with the mis-spelling this is awesome!

I just buttoned mine up for winter with all the soft shaggy blankets and such, plugged on the Shorai and put it into store mode, wept a moment, and now having a brew (retirement benefits lol).

Their There. It's only for a little while! View attachment 258613
I can hear her snoring.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,703 Posts
There she is, almost all buttoned up. Missing one bolt on rear flange but my daughter was asking for me to go to bed so that’s left for the morning. I wrapped at 11:30 so that wasn’t too bad.
View attachment 258116

Edit: 8:00 am. Got that last screw in. Pretty sure the bottom half of my rear bolt receptacle is cross-threaded (the little elbow behind the cylinder). The first half threads in nicely, but after about 5 turns, it just gets SUPER hard to the point I'm worried I'm going to snap my bolt. Regardless, all bolts are in and tight and I'm feeling more confident than ever about how she turned out.
Yep. Snapped that bolt when I tried taking it out. I’ve already picked up a stock elbow to replace that piece with but also looking for a Power Pipe (see WTB ad if you have one).

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,907 Posts
Yep. Another one bites the flakes. Here too. It's mostly been below freezing for maybe two weeks now. Early snow but it's all melted away. I'm just not up to full thermal and gear riding anymore lol.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,703 Posts
Brrr......
Right?!? Here I am feeling bad that I haven't been out riding since it started being about 50°F in the mornings. I think tomorrow I'll throw on a thermal shirt and my summer jacket and ride to work.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,703 Posts
Pulled the CPU to send to Ivan's.
Just letting you know that he had a holiday sale last year with something like 20% off. Might wait a couple weeks if you're not in a super big rush.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,703 Posts
Looking good!

Is there any kind of support bracket other than at the heads? These are know for cracking due to the weight hanging so far from their supports. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Warrior -AIS +BAK
16 Posts
Looking good!

Is there any kind of support bracket other than at the heads? These are know for cracking due to the weight hanging so far from their supports. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Yes, there is a fairly stout rear bracket that comes with the exhaust system. It supports the rear section using the two threaded bolt holes below the pivot point for the rear swingarm that were vacated when the stock hanger bracket was removed. I think the bracket is designed to be mounted on the outside, but I mounted it on the inside to help pull the exhaust in closer to the frame, making it more streamlined in overall appearance. Not sure if the heat from the exhaust being that close to the frame will be a problem or not, but I guess we will see.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Carbon Auto part

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,703 Posts
Yes, there is a fairly stout rear bracket that comes with the exhaust system. It supports the rear section using the two threaded bolt holes below the pivot point for the rear swingarm that were vacated when the stock hanger bracket was removed. I think the bracket is designed to be mounted on the outside, but I mounted it on the inside to help pull the exhaust in closer to the frame, making it more streamlined in overall appearance. Not sure if the heat from the exhaust being that close to the frame will be a problem or not, but I guess we will see.

View attachment 258718
Great to hear!! I wouldn't worry too much about the heat as there's not really anything there but the rear brake line and that's tuck in behind the frame so you should be good. I like the idea about tucking it in closer; makes your right turns more fun! ;)

8501 - 8520 of 8525 Posts