RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day group. Loving the bike and was planning on using for daily commuting. My question to the group is what kind of storage do you use for bringing lunch, coffee, etc to work. Hate riding with a backpack.

Bought a set of "universal" bags on FB from Creace, straight out China, and they don't universally fit my Warrior. Sits on the exhaust and also angles inwards towards the tire and the support strap that ties the bags together rubs on the tire.

So my question is what is everyone's preferred choice for storage. Corbin hard bags look awesome, but are out the stratosphere in price and I believe are no longer available.

Have checked out Saddlemen bags and Viking bags. Any one that is a proven fit for our bikes?

Thanks for the opinions group.

·
Registered
674 Posts
personally for commuting i ride with a backpack, for hollidays i've got a tankbag and a case attached to a sissybar

·
Registered
425 Posts
A magnet tank bag, have different sizes. A mini one just for a small bottle of water/some tools and a larger one for a day trip. Easy to put on/off, even to fuel up !
I recommend not to ignore that strap to hold it at the front somewhere, if available.
If not heavily loaded, it might flip upwards (happend to me on the German highway at speed 160 km/h which is approx 100 mph, not nice 😕 )

·
Registered
674 Posts
mine came up around 180 kph... (fully loaded) so yea the strap at the front is the most important thing that holds it on

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Score a carry on with D rings, lay it flat on the rear fender & zip tie it to the rear fender stays. Leave it on the bike, open the zipper flap, load / unload cargo. If its raining put the cargo in a plastic bag before loading it,

·
Registered
674 Posts
How do you hang on at that speed ?
A bit anxious aboot what the GF is gonna say aboot that from the backseat ;) (though she was just sittin back against the sissybar not bein all that bothered about doin 180)
and dodging all them caravans.. didn't look at where they came from so prob dutch ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
other nationalities aren't any better with caravans.. but where i was at the time.. lotsa dutchies n danes on the road

·
Registered
425 Posts
So back to the topic, sorry for highjacking ........ what do other guys use to transport stuff or to commute to the job. To the job I use a backpack, need a secure spot for laptop :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I have removable bags that I didn’t like when I bought bike , so I bought a tank bag same day. Stopped at grocery store on way home and packed everything into the saddle bags. Now tank bag hangs in garage and saddle bags rarely come off .
Bike looks better without but they are so convenient to use

·
Registered
993 Posts
Tank bag. I got this one. If you're an around town rider or have a fairing, magnet is fine, but other than that i would recommend the straps.
It is expandable and can carry several days of stuff, or just very handy in small mode.
It is expanded in this photo
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
I used hard bags..
There removable....
I used a TANK BAG for a while and it scratched up my tank....
So I'm not a fan of them

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I have fake leather bags attached with Easy brackets. They work with the V&H Big radius on my Flamed Warrior, but won't clear the Speedstar Gen 2 exhaust on my Spiked Warrior. I like that they come off in seconds with the turn of a key. I really don't like the way the Warrior looks with bags, so it's nice to be able to take them off easily. Finding ones that fit with your exhaust is the main issue.
I carry a backpack to work even on days I don't ride because I got used to it. It's the simplest way to carry stuff when I do ride, so the bags are for extras.

·
Super Moderator
641 Posts
I found that Saddlemen works best. I had soft bags that could carry a 12-pack in each bag (that's how I measure things). but they were not removable. When I installed a sissy bar for multi-day travel, I found a Saddlemen similar to QWarrior. Both worked great and lasted over 2-3 years with extensive daily use

This is a pic of the bike after I bought groceries for Thanksgiving dinner

Chieko - road trip - closeup.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can balance a carton of beer on the fuel tank between your legs and you'd be surprised how well it sits there, good thing the bottle shop is only 2 min from home and don't let the carton slide around as the cardboard box will put scratches in your tank.

·
Administrator
28,819 Posts
Motorcycle friendly backpack with connecting strap on chest to tie the two shoulder slings together so it cannot slide down and restrain arms. Also a tank bag with strong magnets and soft-pads works great. Zero tank marks after a decade. Of course I only use it a dozen times a year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts