RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is asking $7900.00.. Its a 2002, the bike has a power commander performance programmer and an Itech performance exhaust... So, what do you people think?

Insert Image:

38.26 KB

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I think I like the muffler.
Unless the milage is high, it's a pretty fair price for a stock bike. Maybe a bit high.
See if you can't show up with 7200 and drive it away.
Doesn't look like anything special has been done to it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9950 miles, but thats about it.. So what should I offer? The guys says he baby''s the **** out of it.. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I paid $7500 for mine and it was pretty customized. Bobbed fender, Cobra, modified pipes, relocated tail light and turn signals, lowered (added to the dogbones)... mine had 2200 miles and its an '02. It is pretty much just like what is on my profile. (i need to add new pics) just remember money talks. do like The_editor said and flash $7200 in his face and I bet you drive away with it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kdmason

I paid $7500 for mine and it was pretty customized. Bobbed fender, Cobra, modified pipes, relocated tail light and turn signals, lowered (added to the dogbones)... mine had 2200 miles and its an '02. It is pretty much just like what is on my profile. (i need to add new pics) just remember money talks. do like The_editor said and flash $7200 in his face and I bet you drive away with it.
Good luck.

Unless he's a member here, and just one of those anonymous, low profile lurkers...
then, I'm afraid he's on to you...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][B)]

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i have looked this site over pretty well, and I don't remember seeing that bike. I realize he could had made mods and took a new pic, but I don't believe he is a member... but'cha never know. Even still, IF he is setting at home reading this for himself, I bet he is setting back yelling at his computer "YES I'll take $7200!".

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
there are a few additional mods that can bee seen in the pic

he has aftermarket hand grips, aftermarket rider pegs, billet shift arm, and billet brake arm

there are no rear turn signals, so either they have been integrated, or they have just been removed, find out which....

the rear licence plate holder has been "chopped", or it may be a side mount, which in my opinion is a good thing... stock plate holder is ugly

also, the cam cover, has been stripped, (ie: the top half is normally black)

the exhaust is "unique" to say the least, its a stock header and what appears to be an aftermarket car exaust, other then the stock cannon, i have never seen a bike exhaust that huge

also the warrior was not offered in black for 2002, so the bike has been repainted... my question would be why? it may have been dumped at some point (not saying it has)

also is the power commander mounted on the outside like that? if so that needs to be tucked away under the seat....

put up more pics, thats all i can see from this one, there might be more

price is high for what it is.... my friend just bought an 04 with 8000 miles on it, had more aftermarket parts, and he only paid $7750

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Tony79dr13

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Yamaha-1700-Road-Warrior_W0QQitemZ150089036604QQihZ005QQcategoryZ10062QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What would a good price be to offer for this bike?

that ebay bike is probably going to go for 10k, the owner probably wants alot more then its worth

it has custom rims, custom paint, and a wide tire kit....

not to mentions very sick looking pipes (that will limit ground clearence by the way)

it has bars, coil relocate under the tank, and a few additional pieces of chrome

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I think the price for the 2002 with 9k+ miles is a little high. If you want it I think I'd show up at his house with say $7000 in $100
dollar bills, stand there with the money in you hand and say that all you can afford. Be prepared to walk away if he says no, it's a good tactic, I've never had anyone say no.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Ebay buddy.. That bikes worth about $7000. Its worth what you want to pay.. If you like it buy it.. It will make you happy

·
Registered
37 Posts
I want to agree with ohiomike if it's what you want buy it! The money is coming out of your pocket so if it feesl good do it.If it feels really good do it a few more times[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ohiomike is right, if you like it and want it, it's a good deal. $900.00 is not the issue when it comes to your baby!quote:Originally posted by Chrisltd

$7900 is high, I got my 2002 in fall of 2003 for $8600.00 NEW!

·
Registered
826 Posts
ohiomike and Crisltd - you'reright that $900 price difference shouldn't hold you from getting your 'baby', but...
my personal concept of buying is - shop wisely! If you know you're gonna want to add a lot of mods to your 'baby' and if this bike doesn't have all that, then forget about it - price is too high. You better off finding one with all the mods you want for pretty much the same money.
But if you it's perfect for you that way it is, and if it's really convinient fo you to pick up this one - go for it! ... but still bargian the price!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Make sure you add up the cost of the mods you are looking at and what the bike has already because you will never be able to get out what you put in. This fact everone will agree on. In my case I'm an old F*^& and don't plan on selling any of my bikes and in fact I'm going to start a build from the ground up, a chopper with a hybusa motor, sick I know but I'd like to see some one catch it! But again nothing I own I can sell for what I have unto it. So bottom line if you like it buy it.quote:Originally posted by vladens

ohiomike and Crisltd - you'reright that $900 price difference shouldn't hold you from getting your 'baby', but...
my personal concept of buying is - shop wisely! If you know you're gonna want to add a lot of mods to your 'baby' and if this bike doesn't have all that, then forget about it - price is too high. You better off finding one with all the mods you want for pretty much the same money.
But if you it's perfect for you that way it is, and if it's really convinient fo you to pick up this one - go for it! ... but still bargian the price!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts