1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before

After

Much better!
Note: I'm ridiculously tall, 6'3". I'm riding on the stock seat here. I could only ride about 45 mins beforehand. Last weekend, I took a 650mi hike from Kansas City to Springfield, mo, jasper ar, euerka springs, ar, Joplin mo and back to Kansas City. Couldn't have done without these.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
****, I wonder if mine make a mohawk on my helmet appear and maybe people just don't want to be rude and mention it.... I've never thought of 6'3" as being ridiculously tall but I have to say you make our bike look pretty tiny in the Before pic.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TECK said:
Props to the phat bars... are they Carlini? Now, lose the chops and full face helmet, hehe.

Cheers,

Floren

I actually have no idea who makes them; first owner of the bike did the bars. If anyone has an ideas I'd like to know heh.

I know the chaps are stupid (They're a pair I ride on horseback oddly enough) but I can't stand my jeans riding up my legs when on the highway.

And some of us have good reasons to wear helmets :D (click for proof)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
This has to be my favorite post of the entire week, it has everything. Comedy, drama, good information, and a guy with a stock seat riding 300+ miles each day over a weekend and calling it a good ride (more comedy?).

This pic is my favorite for the MONTH!

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
pics works great now. Are your pegs even with the frame now? Or just forward or behind the frame?

I ride with a full face, dont listen to the naysayers.I will be getting a pair of lined chaps for this winder riding season. I do 30-35* winter riding now. But some lined chaps and heated gloves should enable me to get down to 20* easy. Once I get my windscreen the only thing that would hold me back is ice/salt on the roads.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
exabrial said:
I actually have no idea who makes them; first owner of the bike did the bars. If anyone has an ideas I'd like to know heh.
I'm prety sure they are Carlini Clean Sweeps... at least they are 1 1/2" bars for sure. They look great on your bike.
About the helmet... I wear a half, not full face.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll measure the bars when I get home. Thanks for the info!

And what's so wrong with the stock seat? Or am I just tougher than the rest of you? (hah)

·
Registered
429 Posts
TECK said:
exabrial said:
I'm prety sure they are Carlini Clean Sweeps... at least they are 1 1/2" bars for sure. They look great on your bike.
About the helmet... I wear a half, not full face.

half helmets are 4 posers
. I have one but if I am going to turn the Warrior loose it's my Full face helmet and Icon leather Motorhead jackett with full armor.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Good choice man, Im 6'4" and I put 3" extenstions on 3 weeks ago. I just got back from a trip, Chicago to Deals Gap. And I rode for about 650 on friday alone on my way home. Cookville Tn to Chicago. Coulndt have done w/o mine either!

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
warriordude said:
half helmets are 4 posers
. I have one but if I am going to turn the Warrior loose it's my Full face helmet and Icon leather Motorhead jackett with full armor.
I do on regular bassis 90+/hour with a half, a black mask and glasses.

It might be posing, but I love the freedom feeling, plus it gives you a "warrior" look. I tried a full several times and I feel like choking inside...

·
Registered
108 Posts
yea the half ones make you look tough and are nice because you do feel more free, but after wrecking a bike, i only wear the full face. luckily i had my full on, and the scrapes it has near the chin and mouth area is pretty bad. for the bike it looks good with the forwards. im too short i think for them though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hay Teck man,I was just busten your balls a little with the "poser" comment.
I a'm going to get some lunch now a willuse my half helmet as it don't mess-up my hair so bad,you know there might be some chicks there over from the trailer park!
Meet U there and I'm buyn.....Oh Darn....U R what 3000 miles away....sooooo if U are ever in RioLinda,California.....

Mike

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
telling someone who is already wearing a full face helmet to NOT wear it is just not cool.

Just as much as I do not like gear Nazi's telling me I MUST wear gear, I would never ever tell someone to loose their protective equipment or imply it is "uncool" to wear a full face... Sometimes I think folks just go too far....how would you feel if he took your "advice" and did a full face plant the next time he goes riding?

FWIW, I have three FULL FACE helmets and wear them whenever I want. I mostly have it on when I ride sporties. I am more inconsistent when it comes to the Warrior. There seems to be an influx of younger and relatively less experienced riders joining as new members lately. Let's not steer them wrong...

Take a look at this and think about your advice to others about loosing the full face helmet.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think U R being a littleharsh on the boy's here. It's just a little light hearted banter. It's not rocket science to see why full face helmets were invented,is it? now I would nottell U not to wear one and I wear mine 99.9% of the time but I wouldalso not wear a helmet at all some times if it were not illegal here in California. I would also let my kids and my dogridein the back of a pick-up bed unrestrained.We did that when I was a kid and it is soooo much fun. I understand this is not 1962 and a lot of people do a lot of stupid things. I will bet U the pink on my Warrior that we could take all the seat belts out of a 747 from SanFran to NewYork and No one wouldneed them. We aint removing them,and i'm going to allways wear mine just in case.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
mdfdwarrior said:
telling someone who is already wearing a full face helmet to NOT wear it is just not cool.
I was just kidding around, do not take it bad.

After all... if you tell me to jump in front of a car, I will not. How many of the guys don't tell you on the forums that you ride like a sissy because your rear tire does not get burned fast enough?

I use a Head Trip helmet, amazing at high speeds. Joke or not, wearing a half it is a little poser. It has that mean look of a badazz with an unshaved face, hidden behind a dark pair of glasses... riding fast. You can't be more poser then that, hehe. But I like it. Those are my motorcycle (prescription) glasses, they change color based on the light:

I get a lot attention on the road, especially when I wear the face mask. The mask is made of leather, very comfortable and has also a removable liner for colder weather. IMO, a half helmet looks really old school, hardcore rider.

You are totally right about the safety issues. But to tell you the truth, I rather die then to pass the rest of my life paralyzed drinking from a straw. I know, old mentality... I'm 40.

Cheers,

Floren

warriordude said:
Hay Teck man,I was just busten your balls a little with the "poser" comment.
I know Mike, don't worry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts