Most of these are from back in April.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]
I like to say welcome to the new folks as much as
the next person but it is really bad when I am saying
welcome to someone who has been here longer then me..[B)]

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mystar

I can't do anything but I would think someone on here can???

I'm sure a moderator could,...however,..there isn't any forum rules being broken is there? I'm not sure. What do the rules say about bringing to life old posts just to boost your post count? No 0ne wants to be a Moped do they?

I try to welcome as many new registered members as possible. But,..I try to do it within a few days of the new registered members post. I get flak for it sometimes, because I pretty much say the same thing to everyone. I do that for a reason......I just want to be fair and not to show any favoritism. I feel it's important that as many as possible welcome a new member. Kinda breaks the ice and makes folks feel welcome. I usually post "Congratulations and welcome to the 4M!"[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] Big Deal if some think it's generic and that I don't read their posts. I do in fact read pretty much of everything posted on this site as well as many others.

I do not bring up very old posts unless it's something to add or to follow-up on, or ask a question about.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Why even waste your time worrying about what another person decides to do on this forum when it comes to harmless multiple, numerous, annoying postings? I understand your point, but this type of participation has been around since day one on this forum and it will continue unless folks are locked or banned from the forum and that is not going to happen. Is it really worth the effort on your part or anyone else's part to take notice and complain? It is harmless and more so not against forum rules to bring back to life an old topic. Just ignore the individual, even if it is impossible to do so at times. Value is not measured in the amount of posting a member has, but what the member brings to the board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts