RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to lower a warrior? Who sells the dog bones or links? Again, I'm asking for your guys information. I could do hours upon hours of research but the bottom line is. Customers know the best products.. I turst you guys. I looking to lower the bike overall 2-3". The front is easy, It's the rear I'm asking about.
Again, Thanks in Advance!
Kenny

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
back i went with Dogbones, wasnt easy but it was cheap, can find them from one of the site sponsors for i belive 80 bucks...... becareful lowering the front, you wouldnt want that nasty dent on your front fender......

·
Registered
901 Posts
There is alot of information here if you do a search on "Lowering", There is the Flip N Grind, Adjustable Dog Bones, Air systems

Andrew

·
Registered
25 Posts
PCS is inexpensive and fairly easy. If you have access to a motorcycle jack and some basic hand tools you could do it in a few hours.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Also to what vltchkr said, Barons makes a kit, and you can also lengthen you on dogbones for free if you have the time and welding ability. It just depends on what you want to accomplish. Do you want it to be adjustable, or at a fixed position?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
dont know about the rear (havent done it myself)

but as long as you dont get greedy you can lower the front by about 3/4 inch...

its easy with a jack, you just raise the forks up in the triple trees...

go much more then that and you risk bottoming out and denting the fender, you can also get a little more clearence by re-routing the brake lines and deleting the brake bracket

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've read it a hundred times, but with this post it finally occured to me....... quote: If you ain't scraping, you ain't riding!
could read quote:If you ain't scraping, you ain't LOWERED ! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
MR wilson hit it on the head, if you lower your bike you can kiss your turning(especially right) good bye, exhaust good bye, and pegs good bye.... looks cool at night with the sparks flying!!! but on a side note i scraped when the bike was stock height.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used the PCS kit and IMO it lowered it too much. When riding two up and occasionally when single it will bottom out. Also during aggresive cornering the frame will drag. Come summer I'm going to remove, cut and weld them closer to the stock length. If that doesn't work I'm going to put the stock legs back in. You need to assess what type of riding you want to do. If you're going to ride it hard lowering the bike is going to hurt performance, there is no way around it.

BTW - Yes I do have the 1000lb spring.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I am contemplating lowering my bike as well, but after reading this and considering I am running a propipe, I may need to rethink.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I did the PCS lowering kit. I love the look. I do have to take it easy on right turns. The adjustable kit may be the way to go. It's just too dang expensive for me.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
quote:Originally posted by genarr3

I used the PCS kit and IMO it lowered it too much. When riding two up and occasionally when single it will bottom out. Also during aggresive cornering the frame will drag. Come summer I'm going to remove, cut and weld them closer to the stock length.

If you do that then look at the entire rear suspension setup VERY CLOSELY before you do any cutting/welding. I shortened my stock dogbones and re-welded them to give me a little bit of extra clearance in the rear... I would bet a LARGE sum of $$$ that they are now stronger than they were when stock, BUT I did this without first looking carefully at the rear suspension on the bike... And now that I look at it closely, I think that I may not have quite enough clearance to put my modified dogbones into place without them rubbing against the spring. See, I welded a reinforcement plate to both sides of each dogbone after cutting it down a little bit, so it's about three times as thick as a stock dogbone is in the place where I cut/welded it... It *might* fit, but... I'm not sure yet. Just trying to let someone else learn from my own possible mistake. Good luck with it.
Edit: Oh, PS... If anyone has their stock dogbones laying around and they don't want them then I'd be happy to give you my shipping address so you could send them to me so that I could have an extra pair in case the ones I cut/welded decide they don't want to fit on my bike. [:I]

·
Registered
124 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Shag

quote:Originally posted by genarr3

I used the PCS kit and IMO it lowered it too much. When riding two up and occasionally when single it will bottom out. Also during aggresive cornering the frame will drag. Come summer I'm going to remove, cut and weld them closer to the stock length.

If you do that then look at the entire rear suspension setup VERY CLOSELY before you do any cutting/welding. I shortened my stock dogbones and re-welded them to give me a little bit of extra clearance in the rear... I would bet a LARGE sum of $$$ that they are now stronger than they were when stock, BUT I did this without first looking carefully at the rear suspension on the bike... And now that I look at it closely, I think that I may not have quite enough clearance to put my modified dogbones into place without them rubbing against the spring. See, I welded a reinforcement plate to both sides of each dogbone after cutting it down a little bit, so it's about three times as thick as a stock dogbone is in the place where I cut/welded it... It *might* fit, but... I'm not sure yet. Just trying to let someone else learn from my own possible mistake. Good luck with it.
Edit: Oh, PS... If anyone has their stock dogbones laying around and they don't want them then I'd be happy to give you my shipping address so you could send them to me so that I could have an extra pair in case the ones I cut/welded decide they don't want to fit on my bike. [:I]

Thanks for the tip. I was in fact thinking of plates on both sides, but after reading this I guess I'll plate only one.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
PM Sangathor...

I heard he once lowered his using something called 'Olga'...

I understand that the entire process was **** near free as well..

Bwaaaa haaaaaaa.....

·
Registered
656 Posts
I used Cycle Images kit and it worked out well. Lowered it all the way down and it looked great but ended up raising it a bit for the cornering. The advantage of an adjustable kit.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Nothing is truly free. But the easiest way to lower a Warrior is to knock it over. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] That being said, I'll keep my PCS kit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
After talking to some of the regular "Dragon riders".. lowering mine has been taken OFF the list of things to do..

Replacing exhaust pipes and pegs are not something I want to do on a regular basis..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts