RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought my first warrior a couple weeks ago and the guy bought it from didn't know much about it and I don't know much about it either. I know it's got aftermarket exhaust but I've looked high and low on the internet and I can't find another warrior that looks like this and I'm wondering if this is a special edition or if this is all custom or what but I mean it's completely Chrome everything the wheels it's got smoke flames in the paint and it's got flames on a lot of the Chrome just curious if anybody knows if this is custom or just a factory edition but it's 2002.

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
Welcome aboard, nice hot rod. The stock wheels and swingarm have been chromed. There are several top-end factory chrome accessories. Plus aftermarket accessories. Custom paint. Shorty 2-2 exhaust. Look under the rider seat there is probably a fuel manager (power commander, Cobra, etc). The headers look yellowed from heat, if yes then it's running a bit lean. The stock right-side and undertank intake air boxes appear intact so the lean condition might be solved with exhaust baffles if none currently exist. There are cleaners to doctor-out exhaust bluing/yellowing. Most any hog shop has it. Out back the turn signals have been integrated into the tail/brake light so the signal flash rate is probably faster than normal but its usually okay. The front turn signals appear stock incandescent, which might possibly be why it's flashing at all, most times no replacement resistors are installed but maybe yours has that. That is a start. Nice bike.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Grats nice piece!. Its a standard 02 with A LOT of work done to it.
I'll add bar risers, grips, mirrors, pegs & pedals. Fork guards are painted & surprised they & the fork reflectors are in place they normally get circle filed.
02 seats suck they are hard on the tailbone. I that issue happens to your butt pull cover back to the hump & shave / shape the foam then stretch the cover tight & staple in place.
Luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I've been doing so much research but I have to start somewhere. I'm trying to get my bike some performance upgrades. I just have to figure out what I'm working with first. I didn't see a program underneath my seat though.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Hi there Matt, you've found yourself one nice looking warrior there. Custom paint , plenty of chrome accessories and wheels , fender stays etc etc. Great colour . 😎👍👍. Frec 🇬🇧

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Welcome from Down Under, nice colour and great looking Warrior. I find it amazing that it once didn’t belong to a fellow RSWarrior member .. or did it. 🤔

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Here's what I've come up with based on what I can see. Everything labeled Chrome looks to be stock parts that were chromed. I'm sure I've missed some things (like the aftermarket cables and hoses) but this should give you a good idea of what is what.

Nice looking ride! You're going to love her!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Random you have truly stepped up to the next level. Freaking awesome.
I was bored at work and I do this type of thing all the time to point out manufacturing defects. ;)

Given how much was put into this, I thought it a shame for the owner to not know what all was done. I'd like to see the left side and under the tank too.

·
Super Moderator
717 Posts
Dude, you have an awesome ride. I honestly wouldn't touch it. The previous owner did an amazing job with the chrome and upgrades. Best thing you can do is ride it and get showered with compliments!! And beat any Harley off the block :p

If you want to trade, I'll give you one you can upgrade - mint 2005 Midnight with a Phase IV performance kit. DM me if interested.

Can we see more pics?

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Congradts and welcome to the best 4m! A lot has been done, but if you like to tinker, there are more mods available (on this forum)! It will be fun looking into this bike and seeing what has been done! I like the clutch lever bearing mod. I did not do the hidden caliper trick because mine is chrome too! Use the search forum box. Beautiful bike! Let us know what goodies you discover! VBAK?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts