RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous owner, told me a few things were done I’m just looking to get to learn what maintenance should be taken care of I’m at 49k miles! Still strong! Apologies if I’m in the wrong section I will figure things out along my way!
7F64DA1B-89AB-4CCA-96B8-2DFE8A3CCA77.jpeg
63BDE8E7-4389-434E-909F-E0B256709497.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
If you just bought this bike it seems like a few things are missing LOL.

But I would start with changing of the fluids like the motor oil & transfer case. I would check the plugs and probably swap them as well.

He has some good videos to help you along as well

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you just bought this bike it seems like a few things are missing LOL.

But I would start with changing of the fluids like the motor oil & transfer case. I would check the plugs and probably swap them as well.

He has some good videos to help you along as well
I absolutely watch his vids man he’s like the Larry potter field from midway USA but for the warriors lmao. Very informative and very well pronounced and illustrated. I replaced brake fluid, oil change and filter, got a package on oil, filter, and plugs. Yet to change the plugs because one is tough to get to and my tool kit doesn’t have the plug socket that is oval down to the socket end so I’m having to try to create a makeshift one. No worries either mine will work when finished or I’ll find one for sale or something else. As for the missing parts lol no it is in complete running shape, I got tires and it’s ready for new paint and other things so I decided to remove tins and wheels so I can paint the wheels as well. Did make me chuckle though lol
6FA14A1C-DFA8-47B6-B7DE-84C4DC660875.jpeg
6FA14A1C-DFA8-47B6-B7DE-84C4DC660875.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man you went for it huh...
You was serious about maintenance...

Just like Hefty mentioned...

Also new Brake fluid....

Cleaning of the Air Filter pods

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
I want to be able to continue being able to trust it! Super reliable and I’ve seen a ton of the support for this bike, hard to reach for everything with a wallet so thin lol! I’ll be posting updates regularly to show the new parts and progress along the way! Those bars were a pain in the back!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I absolutely watch his vids man he’s like the Larry potter field from midway USA but for the warriors lmao. Very informative and very well pronounced and illustrated. I replaced brake fluid, oil change and filter, got a package on oil, filter, and plugs. Yet to change the plugs because one is tough to get to and my tool kit doesn’t have the plug socket that is oval down to the socket end so I’m having to try to create a makeshift one. No worries either mine will work when finished or I’ll find one for sale or something else. As for the missing parts lol no it is in complete running shape, I got tires and it’s ready for new paint and other things so I decided to remove tins and wheels so I can paint the wheels as well. Did make me chuckle though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Your pipes look to be stock headers with a Cobra Roadhouse slip on... the add you posted seems to be right in the slip on.. but the headers are stock.. don't think these were ever made as a complete system

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Welder, will you keep the apehanger with those pullback risers ?
Combination looks a bit ...unusual .... to me (and maybe just me)... cool, if it fits your needs as it is your personal ride. Hope that does not sound "offending" .... 🙏:giggle:
Never rode an ape, so cannot really imagine to handle warrior power with it (in case of twisties, which I prefer). Yes for the highways probably, but me using German highways and no speed limit ahead .... full throttle 😇 ...

·
Registered
386 Posts
With the combo of risers and Harley bars mine are 12 inches which work for my back. Those ones look like 14’s not counting riser height. They are either really uncomfortable and would make riding down tight curvy roads an interesting prospect especially if you have a 240 rear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your pipes look to be stock headers with a Cobra Roadhouse slip on... the add you posted seems to be right in the slip on.. but the headers are stock.. don't think these were ever made as a complete system
Thanks man, that helps me in my search for new gaskets for them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the combo of risers and Harley bars mine are 12 inches which work for my back. Those ones look like 14’s not counting riser height. They are either really uncomfortable and would make riding down tight curvy roads an interesting prospect especially if you have a 240 rear.
Absolutely uncomfortable lol! Spot on! I’ve been thinking of some stubby risers... like a lot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Welder, will you keep the apehanger with those pullback risers ?
Combination looks a bit ...unusual .... to me (and maybe just me)... cool, if it fits your needs as it is your personal ride. Hope that does not sound "offending" .... 🙏:giggle:
Never rode an ape, so cannot really imagine to handle warrior power with it (in case of twisties, which I prefer). Yes for the highways probably, but me using German highways and no speed limit ahead .... full throttle 😇 ...
Thanks for the thoughts, I will either be dropping the risers to as short as possible, or swapping bars, considering the riser path considering I’ve wired the apes internally, wasnt so bad but wasn’t so fun either. At least until I finished lol. I’ve had them spin in the risers before which resulted in the bars hitting me in the chest almost losing control, fixed that promptly. I’m desperately seeking a set of 12” Bars but amongst all the other work I’m doing at the moment, budget doesn’t allow it. Good question though becuase I catch myself often dropping my throttle hand becuase of severe numbness, often try to use the front brake and I watch my numb fingers smack the lever never going over and pulling back. They are probably going to be coming off and some 12” going on just not sure when.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting thread. Liking it! Also that's a clever well-crafted work stand. Lots of benefits in that one.
= I appreciate the interest!! Thank you as well on the compliment, however not my idea to create a stand for cheaper than norm, was my idea to strap to it. Resulted in way better security. Absolute brilliant idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts