RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just wandering on the durability and quality of my pipes? they are cobras and the dealer bought them and installed long before i ever looked at the bike. i figure they are extremely cheap or are not super high quality. just dont know.....always rode thumper dirtbikes and the R1. cobra dirt stuff is cheap dont know anything else. give me opinions freely. i dont care if you say it's junk. jsut wandering.

what about sampson too. i like some of their designs, just dont kow about them.

i know about v&h

·
Registered
359 Posts
Pipes, are farmed out to makers, for what its worth, Cobra and V&H are made by the same people. to cobras specs. As far as quality goes they are fine, my on bitch is the baffles they use, to me they sound odd, but they money you save you can install a set of HP baffles and get a better sound
SMZ

·
Registered
843 Posts
I am no expert on pipes, but I can say that I have had a Cobra megaphone slip on for about 14 months and have no complaints. The chrome is still nice, no rust or discolorations of any kind. Performance has, if anything gotten slightly better over that time, though that is just seat of the pants and could be due to lots of other things.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS GUYS woops. i am far to lazy to re type and edit because of caps lock. just watching corbins ride on on 2 wheel tues and they visited sampson's shop.

·
Registered
700 Posts
1 year on the Cobra pipes, no complaints. Good instructions, easy to put on. Chrome is still like new. Performance is about the same, possibly better due to weight loss of the stock trash can. Fuel milage is up slightly from the stock.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We installed Cobra mufflers on my wife's V-Star 650. They turned color immediately, and she was mad as ****. Cobra said it was because the dealer did not re-jet the carbs, so we did the re-jet but the damage was done. The following year my wife decides that she wanted the V&H mufflers instead, and there has been no discoloration. At the same time my sister-in-law had the Cobra mufflers installed and carbs re-jetted on her V-Star 650. Her's turned color too. There is definately a difference in sound between the Cobra and the V&H. The V&H sounds much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts