RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a pair of panoptix with the photochromatic (transition) lenses. I got them as a gift last year, the foam padding is ripping already and I think they are a bit small for my face. I am looking for a new pair and am wondering what everyone else out there is using and how they like them.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
WileyX XL-1's
Prescription with removable eye gasket, light adjusting lenses and WileyX P-17 Polarized
prescription frame. I have a large melon and the XL-1's fit about the best, covering my whole eye socket and part of the eyebrow too!!!The P-17's are a more rectangular style frame that might be better for a smaller head. Just my opinion though!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
A cheap $5 pair of glasses I picked up at Myrtle Beach,From one of the Million Beach Wear and JUNK outlets, ( Waves, Pacific, Wings etc) But they work Great and I love The Yellow Lenses

·
Registered
753 Posts
i got a pair of saftey glasses and added my own foam,i have not found another pair to block the wind. i have contacts and my eyes are real sensitive to the wind.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Oakley Flack Jacket XLI with BlackPolarized lenses for bright days... I'm ordering some extra lenses for dimmer days because these lenses are really dark.

These still let some air in so If you are looking for a good air seal these might not be for you, I usually wear a full face helmet when planing to ride fast.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wear these:

http://www.riderseye.com/ItemDetail.asp?c=Cat_Changeables&Style=71

They work well for me. I have a thinner face, but they manage to stay on well while riding.

·
Registered
611 Posts
royale5 said:
I currently have a pair of panoptix with the photochromatic (transition) lenses. I got them as a gift last year, the foam padding is ripping already and I think they are a bit small for my face. I am looking for a new pair and am wondering what everyone else out there is using and how they like them.

Thanks,

Jon

Good old Safety Glasses, blue tint, and yellow. I can hop off and get-er done! They work great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rudy Project. they are prescription with photochromatic lenses. The lens are millitary grade shatter proof. they have the foam gasket and they come with a strap so they can be converted into gogles. expensive but I like them.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I bought mine at walmart.They have padding around the eye and removeble lenses for riding at night.The best thing is the frames are aluminum.

·
Registered
861 Posts
semperfit said:
Oakley with exchangable lenses. Clear or yellow at night and tinted for the day.

+1-Oakley half jackets. or flack jackets. No foam gasket though so there is some air flow around them. But on the rare occasion where I am not wearing a helmet-these work.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I also have the 7 eye (formerly panoptix) bandits, with photo lenses. I got them and 2 days later the dog chewed them up. I called the rep in Cali and he replaced them at no charge, all I had to do was show my receipt. That was very cool of them. you can get the ones that have removable foam like mine and just replace the foam inserts.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
SuicideD_45 said:
WileyX XL-1's
Prescription with removable eye gasket, light adjusting lenses and WileyX P-17 Polarized
prescription frame. I have a large melon and the XL-1's fit about the best, covering my whole eye socket and part of the eyebrow too!!!The P-17's are a more rectangular style frame that might be better for a smaller head. Just my opinion though!

+1

I wear prescriptions and I love my wileyX.. photo lens and safety rated...no need to carry spare lenses or contac lens crap..,..No air gets in my eyes either, I love them...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts