RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a new warrior owner and I am sure this is a question that has been answered 100 times. What is that tear shaped silver box on the right side of my motorcycle's engine and what does it do? Do I need it? I would like to clean up both sides of the motor so you can see all the way through the V. I have seen some pictures of the bikes on here and would like to know how i can ge this done thanks for all your help and guidance. redsox fan

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
That is your Air Filter. Once you've done a BAK (Big Air Kit) you can remove this. I just did the Baron's BAK and decided to leave the Air Filter on until I can find something to bolt in it's place. Without the Air Filter you see alot of the cables/connectors etc. It's a simple process to remove. You'll need to remove your Gas Tank to easily access the Worm Clamp that holds the top portion to the air box. then two bolts to the engine at the top of the Air Filter. Take it off and see how it looks and if it's what you want to do. But, remember you'll need it unless you do a BAK mod first.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Dude..You can do a mod here and use the stock intake.You don't really need a vbax.Check hte forums for the mod...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jake

Hey Dude..You can do a mod here and use the stock intake.You don't really need a vbax.Check hte forums for the mod...

Wanna run for pinks?

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Churchkey

Wanna run for pinks?

Now that will put things in perspective!

Get the VBak, lets the engine breathe and you'll feel a big power difference.

There are a lot of options for the right side cover. I have the barons teardrop cover and I powdercoated the flames (check my gallery)...you can get very creative, a lot of guys made some cool covers for that side. Check out the gallery and you'll have plenty of ideas.

Also, many have cleaned up the left side completely by stripping the scoop, changing/moving the dry break under it and then shaving the motor mount a little.

Be careful, it's very addictive. MORE MORE...MORE MODS!

·
Registered
10,536 Posts

Wanna run for pinks?

LOL[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does a guy even need the air filter on the left side of the motor once a BAK is installed and how much does the churchkey system cost???

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes, you can get rid of the big diamond. There are plenty of people that have. Just check out the gallery pages.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Once you do a bak system you can remove the air filter box. Also do a AIS removel and you can take off the left side cover and all the "plumbing". There are also aftermarket airfilter replacements if you didn't want to do a bak.

·
Registered
148 Posts
another thing to do is look in the links menu, follow to member sites and look into shaq and redhorse. they both give good explanations of useful mods.
And read through your owners book, it'll not only tell you what all these parts are, but also how to remove the filter and housings for service..

Diver

·
Registered
592 Posts

-You don't really need a vbax...

Wanna run for pinks?

[:0] We're Waiting... Hehehe

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
read your owners manual that will answer alot of your questions. Also use the search feature there is alot of info posted here. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
158 Posts
The only way to really clean up the right side is to get a VBAK. Since your stock air filter within that big shield will no longer be needed, you can remove it and bolt on a mutitude of after mkt options. Once I installed my VBAK, I opted for the Barons Mini tear drop. Check my gallery for a pic. The smaller size seemed to allow more of the motor to show, yet still cover exposed wires/connectors. Your options are limitless.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haven't posted the pics yet, but my winter mods included (amongst others) Church's bak. It does definetely make a huge difference and let's this beast breath like it needs to (read: like it should have from the factory).

I think the VBAK should be a required purchase for joining the 4m (IMHO) and is well worth the small cost. Seriously, you'll look for other BAK's and find one or two a couple of bucks cheaper, but defintely come back and get this one. Good instructions, easy install and free's up the right side for whatever you want to do (the grenade thing is a great idea I think [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]).

I'll tell you about the chain conversion from Ehacker next...but that's for another topic...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts