RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post what kind of warranty they offer you after the new parts are installed an why.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I was told by the dealer they covered their work for 30 days, Yamaha said 0 nothing nada they do not cover work they can not control! If they told you 30 get it in writing or it's worth 0.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's my case too. 30 day and my Warrior is leaking oil. I take it to my home on Saturday with code 38 on.The decompression selenoid off. Thank's GOD Ifound a bad connector but that oil leak...S$%^.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Any dealer worth their salt will repair it until satisfaction. It didn't leak prior to the service and it shouldn't afterwards. Good luck Charlie yours sounds legitimate.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have been told by my Dealer that the Extended Warranty I purchased will cover anything like this, related to the recall or not. I'll be holding them to it. This is the type of reason I made the decision when I bought the bike that only this dealer would work on it, at least until the warranty period was finished. It's a completely stock bike. Since they are the only ones who have ever touched it, they will have a really hard time dodging responsibility for it's condition, not that I think they will try that but this recall situation has me expecting the worst from everyone.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Well that's nice for you. Considering you have an extended warranty, taking it to any dealer for service should have little relavance as to how the bike functions after service work since it'll be covered regardless.

This ain't no conspiracy; Yamaha, the dealerships, and their service depts. aren't out to screw us over here as much as some people have tried to make us believe. Bottom line: if it isn't right after the recall they are obligated to make it right, it'll be painfully obvious who's at fault. Lastly, this isn't neuro- surgery and any problem can be discovered and resolved with relatively little effort. Afterall, it only takes about a day to do this recall in the first place.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Not at my dealership JP. I went in well over a week ago and seen them ripping the guts out of the one on the floor. I went in today and the bike is still not together. I asked about it and I was told they had to order a new cylinder. Why in the heck would they have to order a new cylinder for a brand new bike. Meanwhile, the motor has been sitting on a table for a week and I looked around while the mechanic already went home. I will defianatly pulling everything off the bike I can. **** animals!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Just observed the teardown of a motor, splitting of the cases and replacement of the tranny parts. Took 45 min. total, 10 or which was used to clean the mating surfaces of the cases. It took more time to the scrape gasket material off the clutch cover than installing the tranny parts! There are approximately 6 major components/groups inside the cases that are pulled and they fit like a jigsaw puzzle. This is definalely a simple job. There might be a legitimate problem with that motor, speculation will only get you an ulcer.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I spoke to a service manager who told me that his showroom floor 2003 model with about 30 miles on it needed one new jug because when they tore it down for the recall, they found the coating coming off the cylinder. Wonder how many others are out there like that?

·
Registered
214 Posts
My dealer is offering the typical 30-day warranty on paper but said that if there is a leak or problems within this year's riding season, he would take care of it. Remains to be seen though. He said he'd rather keep his customers happy and have them come back and buy their next bike from him.

We'll see after the work gets done. Took many pics in case.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Yamatized

I spoke to a service manager who told me that his showroom floor 2003 model with about 30 miles on it needed one new jug because when they tore it down for the recall, they found the coating coming off the cylinder. Wonder how many others are out there like that?

I talked with my buddy and the warrior they have torn apart from the floor was infact the coating was flaked off where the casting was pourous. That sucks.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
this thread is giving me a migrane. coatings comming off cylinders.... good thing the bikes are gettign looked at to get that fixed, but there is no gaurantee that the replacements wont do that in 3,000 miles. i almost took side covers and crap off the bike, but i ended up leaving them on. i would hope if they can rebuild a motor they can take a side cover off without hurting it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts