RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I'd like to get a windscreen that keeps the wind off my head... when going above 70, my neck strains to keep even. I saw some wave windscreens that could help with this.

How do I figure out which one fits my bike? How do they normally attach? I have an aftermarket steering wheel, but all else seems stock in the front.

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,163 Posts
Welcome. Most taller windshields are aftermarket and attach onto the handlebars. Measure your height in-the-saddle from seat to top of head. Use a level setting on the top of the handlebar horizontal member to see where that sits on your body in-the-saddle. Use those data points and a little math to determine head coverage as top-of-windshield above top of handlebars. Some shields sit below the bars too. Consider lowers to block wind from below if needed.

The only smaller Warrior-specific windshields are the Boulevard which attaches onto the Tach head, and a Clearview that uses the Boulevard's bracket.

From your prior posts I gather you are new to street bikes. I always start to shop windshields by browsing for everything out there, then when I find things that look good to me I find out if it happens to work on the bike in question.

Windshields are one of several very personal decisions, its all in your hands!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Most taller windshields are aftermarket and attach onto the handlebars. Measure your height in-the-saddle from seat to top of head. Use a level setting on the top of the handlebar horizontal member to see where that sits on your body in-the-saddle. Use those data points and a little math to determine head coverage as top-of-windshield above top of handlebars. Some shields sit below the bars too. Consider lowers to block wind from below if needed.

The only smaller Warrior-specific windshields are the Boulevard which attaches onto the Tach head, and a Clearview that uses the Boulevard's bracket.

From your prior posts I gather you are new to street bikes. I always start to shop windshields by browsing for everything out there, then when I find things that look good to me I find out if it happens to work on the bike in question.

Windshields are one of several very personal decisions, its all in your hands!
Thank you for detailed response. Yes, as you noted I'm new to bikes.

I'm very confused about all the windshield options. Someone told me there are windshields that have a wave in them, which at small hight allows for the air to go over the head. I don't particularly car for what the screen looks like, prefer small one for sure, and black, but other than that I don't care for what it looks like. I looked at the one you recommended, but they seem pricy, is there anything under 200?

I just can't figure out how the fit and how to determine if they will fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would something like this fit?

National Cycle VStream Tall Touring Windscreen Suzuki M90 Boulevard 2009-2020

·
Administrator
28,163 Posts
That attaches to the forks. The Warrior forks are inverted for performance. Those clamps are too small in diameter to fit the Warrior.

I've seen plenty of similar curve and recurve windshields over the decades, none that ever actually worked as advertised. I have no word or experience with this one.

would something like this fit?

National Cycle VStream Tall Touring Windscreen Suzuki M90 Boulevard 2009-2020

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,

I'd like to get a windscreen that keeps the wind off my head... when going above 70, my neck strains to keep even. I saw some wave windscreens that could help with this.

How do I figure out which one fits my bike? How do they normally attach? I have an aftermarket steering wheel, but all else seems stock in the front.
I just recently bought a Warrior and that was one of the first things I upgraded because I ride a lot of highway to get to work. I went with the National Cycle Street Shield as it gives a more sporty look in my opinion. I am 6'3'' and have not had any issues with wind on the helmet with this. It is also adjustable so you can find the right height that works for you. My only gripes for the shield is that it does connect to your bars and the forks so if you do get a big wind gust you can feel it in the handlebars. Nothing crazy but noticeable. Also, the installation was kind of a pain. I ended up snapping one of the pieces that connect to the fork trying to tighten it down. I ended up having to do some rigging but it works fine. You can order individual parts but I have not done it yet.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts