RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I designed this right side engine cover to replace the stock air filter assembly ona Warrior. It is intended to be used once a BAK/VBAK is installed on the bike. Ihave a Machine Shop to cut, powdercoat and chrome the parts.I amhandling the hardware as well.

The parts are made from 6061 Aluminum, and the whole unit is very light weight. It bolts right up to the cylinders, and hides all the wiring and throttle body assemblies.

Available finishes will include Black Powdercoated or Black Nickel Chrome Backing Plates, and a Chrome or Black Nickel Chrome Iron Cross.

Pricing for this unit is$149.00 Shipped (in the lower 48). I will ship worldwide, as well (additional shipping charges will be applied).

I am taking orders for a small production run of 10 covers. If you're interested or have any questions, please post up or send me a PM.

Payments can be made via Paypal to [email protected]

Thanks for your support!

The prototype wasmade and bought from meback in the summer. I'd really like to get this unit into production if others like it.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Re: Justice Designs Iron Cross Right Side Engine Cover

Very sweet!

If i would have the opportunity or the mechanical skills to change the airintake i would buy one (in black).

·
Registered
388 Posts

Very nice.

Looks a little to big for me, but nice.

I'am happy to see that you will ship worldwide.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

HarryMarsch said:
Very sweet! If i would have the opportunity or the mechanical skills to change the airintake i would buy one (in black).

You could contact Churchkey for his VBAK. He is known to walk his customer's through the install of his kit.

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/51921.aspx

Let me know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm putting out the feeler gauge to see what accessories you would like to see from me.

I would like to design and manufacture parts for the Warrior that forum members want, so please let me know what kind of ideas you've got.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
How would the Yamaha tuning forks look in there?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that would look pretty cool, but I think it would be a trademark infringement.

Does anybody know if I'd get in trouble making and selling these?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Justice youd get the call from Yamaha asking where their cut is.I know this since i work for a motorcycle shop.Its ok if you make thins for yourself but if you sell them they will contact you sooner or later.Suzuki and Kawasaki are the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
The manufacturers get a cut from the aftermarket accessory makers? Sounds like pure BS IMO. A man is not entitled to profits from his own design andsweat?

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
I..me, myself...would like to see a left side engine mount..something to clean things up a bit for those of us without left side covers..I dunno...something chrome, a little more streamlined..or even black, just not as ugly as what's on there....

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am 100% with parkinglot on this idea, I was planing on doing this this winter anyways but if you can come up with something I like I will buy from you instead.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i second that. After installing your right side cover i love it.

now i just wanna clean up my left side...so if you offered a few options for almost like a left side clean up kit...that would be AWESOME..like dry break..left cover and engine mount...all in one...with a slick black and chrome design. i would pay good money for something like that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Anberlin863 said:
now i just wanna clean up my left side...so if you offered a few options for almost like a left side clean up kit...that would be AWESOME..like dry break..left cover and engine mount...all in one...with a slick black and chrome design. i would pay good money for something like that.
+1

·
Registered
269 Posts
okierider said:
Anberlin863 said:
+1
+2

A minimal left side bracket in either chrome or black would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, that is actually next on my list... I picked up a stock motor mount from ebay a month ago, and just haven't gotten around to it yet. Winter is closing in here in MT. so I will be moving into development soon.

I am hoping to be able to offer it as a stand alone motor mount, or with a left side cover that fits it. I hadn't thought of incorporating the dry break. I will have to look into that.

I'll keep you all posted as I get it going.

·
Registered
371 Posts
looks like you got 3 customers if you put something together for the left side.

be sure to keep us posted on what you think or come up with. im sure we will all be willing to help you perfect your design.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Justice...any updates on putting something together?

im really looking to do a left side clean up this winter.

looks like you got a decent amount of customers if you come out with something.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts