RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since the rswarrior site changed hardly anyone uses it .

when i first came on here 3 years ago the site was superb, loads of post from everyone and just great info ideas and basically the best bike forum bar none.

what can we do to breath some life back into here ?????

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Alot of what made the site what it was were what I will call the Oldtimers. Many of them had great personalities but werent very computer technical. Once the site changed it became harder for those guys to do what they do so it demotivated them. Also, Alot of guys have been selling their bikes and spending time on other forums. It happens regrettably. All you can hope for is that you are now the "Old timer" andc an provide the same level of enjoyment for the new batch of forums newbies so the site continues to grow.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i suppose you are right, isnt this an indicator to the forum owners that something isnt right?

and maybe they should make it user friendly .

as a forum subscriber i would hope the owners /moderators can at least have a look at whats gone wrong and what made this site a great site in the first place

bone

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
in my real life, i am a computer and electronics geek, and i still find this new site pretty unfriendly to use.

in my less than humble opinion, the biggest issue is some really really unfriendly members. some of them feel the need to be negative or abrubt to everyoneespecially noobies and chase them away. others get rude when trying to "help" with trouble shooting. some just argue to argue and then give some pompus answers about their "rights" or religious beliefs (or lack thereof). i especially like some of the "i'd kick his a$$ posturing" that goes on. sometimes, this even includes a few of the mods (granted, herding this site is not an easy task)..

i would love to see this site go back to the fun, supportiveand civil site that i joined a few years ago. if you want to argue with people or be rude, go away.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I really liked the old site because it was easy to monitor new posts to each thread. This one shows a few of the most recently posted in threads but the previous site was just much easier to navigate and thats why I instantly fell in love with it.... I still love RSWARRIOR.COM dont get me wrong, it is still the most useful, entertaining and informative site I have ever used, it is just a little more work to use than before....I miss our rankings too, I'm not saying I was a post *****....but I was apost *****.....I had some incentive to read all of the new posts everyday. Now I really only come on the site when I need help with something, which is unfortunate because I really enjoyed learning about the Warrior from everyone else's converation.

Allen

·
Registered
785 Posts
I reckon a few of us are still around bone, I check in now and again, maybe this year we have just all been tied up with other stuff. Lets really get stuck into arranging a meet next year as the other post says. I also still want to do the calender for your charity.

In response to bugei, we don't really have a problem with unfriendly folk on this euro part of the forum, its just the member numbers are lower, so if a few of the old hands don't post for a while, it seems quiet.

We just have to keep posting!

·
Registered
137 Posts
ive not been on the site as a member for long enough to no what it was like to use the old site,but i do find this sight hard to use ie for some reason my password was reset and it took me a week to get back on before i could reset my password to my old one

and to what meanstreak said,i was wondering what happened to the calander and im still up for it well the mrs is,and bone could you pm me your adress as i owe you some money for you parachute jump or paypal account iff you have one

cheers steve

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I don't know about guys selling their bikes off being a reason because the bikes are still out there, only with new owners and ones that have been referred here even more then likely. I know one thing I've seen mentioned by several of the more helpful "oldtimers" is their dissatisfaction with not being able to directly upload pics into a post without first hosting them elsewhere. That means to show someone a chart or diagram or picture of wiring or whatever takes twice as long and a commitment to host it indefinitely and for some of those guys it's just not worth doing. There's still a large percentage it seems that don't know how to add a picture even if it is already hosted for that matter.

I think all the complaints that came right after the changeover really dampened the spirits and enthusiasm of our administrator Carknee also. He worked pretty hard it seems to get this going thinking it would be a big improvement and getting everything migrated sounded like it wasn't easy or quick but all he got was week after week of really long threads full of complaints so that may be why there's not a big push any longer to implement more changes and improvements. It's still a good resource though full of good people and information so I imagine as long as I own my Warrior I'll enjoy it flaws and all.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Meanstreak said:
I reckon a few of us are still around bone, I check in now and again, maybe this year we have just all been tied up with other stuff. Lets really get stuck into arranging a meet next year as the other post says. I also still want to do the calender for your charity.

In response to bugei, we don't really have a problem with unfriendly folk on this euro part of the forum, its just the member numbers are lower, so if a few of the old hands don't post for a while, it seems quiet.

We just have to keep posting!
So what you are saying is you need to get off your lazy arses and post more? So post already.

Bone, glad to see you survived the jump, I survived 5 of them when my Uncle Sam was paying for the fare. We still have you and your son in our prayers over here mate. I wish that I was able to do more.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I can tell the difference before and after the site upgrade. As you can see, I have been a member for one year and I post very conservatively. I avoid the political and religous topics. At this moment I am in the middle of the pack in the list of most active users without even trying. Last year I never would have made the list.

This is still an awsome forum but the upgrade did some damage.

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
I have been around for a while, and yes there are some changes. A lot of the good ole boys that were here when I first started lurking and thenposting are gone. Some changed their preferred bike and went to another site. And that is understandable. But as already stated there is a lot of harsh things said to and about other members. I get very disgusted about some of the arrogance of people wanting to bully their opinion on others. And it has happened a lot in the past year. It used to be that the only one to smack another members hand was darkstar, and he did it because people crossed the lines set by the rules of this forum. I even remember a few times when members cut at one another,and something strange happened. The offender apologized. Now that is a concept.

I can name a bunch of members that are no longer with us, and Imisshearing from them.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Hi Folks,

I still log in every couple of days to catch up (lurk) but on the old site I had the ability to glance down the forum headings looking fortopics or posts that caught my eye and could quickly jump in to a thread. As this was sorted in last post order underForum headings it was easy to skip whole Forum areas that didn't interest or concern me such as the Ride Forums from other parts of the globe.Now every time I log on and click the Active Topics I get about 20 pages of posts all jumbledup with posts from everything goes to the ride forums all mixed up - it's a real bore and very time consuming to have to page through looking for something that might interest me so as a consequence I just don't bother any more. I've now got the Europe Forum saved in my favorites and it's now the first(and more often the only) ForumI tend to visit. I do still try to look around the site to keep abreast of what's going on from time to time but after 10-15 minutes I tend to lose interest.

I also used to find it real easy to host pics directly into a postfrom my computer, especially when someone was asking for a mod that I may have already done.Because this was easy I always took pics of every mod I ever did. Now to get a pic onto the site I have to log on somewhere else in order tohost the pic first and I then have to reteach myself how the **** I did it the last time! Just as before, I tend to lose interest and head for the beer fridge instead!

It's pretty sad I know but as Meanie says life has been hectic this year for many of us. I've still got my Warrior though and I'm still commuting on her even if the rain over here is getting to me.
I've also started stripping down my Virago engine and that's taking up much of my sparetime at the mo. I'd post up some pics but I've forgotten how to do it again

On the Calendar thing, I'll try to find that old post and will get it revitalised. I've already done my pic and have sent it to Meanie.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow, what a response!!

my intention wasnt to be disrespectful of the hard work these guys have put in to changeing the site for what should be the better.

i for one have struggled with a lot of it and as im not really computer literate and the picture hosting is a pain in the shitter.

it looks like im going over old ground for some of you but i come on here every day not always to post but just to see whats happened.

the european forum has always been small fry compared to the usa ones but the people on here have what i believe is a good bond as most of us have met at one time or another.

i just feel really sad when i do log on to see the same post hasnt moved for days.

but andy is maybe right, we all have been some what busy this year and im no different.

besides the picture buisness lets try and get something going.

maybe the meeting we would all like to do next year might put some life back into the forum and show the usa guys that we can party to the bone.

meanie, i spoke to the guys that came to see me do the jump and i said if there is still a spot on the calender ill put one forward any month. cheers mate.

if ive rambled on a bit i make no apologise i would just like to see something ,anything to get us warrior guys chomping at the bit.

bone

·
Registered
785 Posts
Brit_Warrior said:
It's pretty sad I know but as Meanie says life has been hectic this year for many of us. I've still got my Warrior though and I'm still commuting on her even if the rain over here is getting to me.
On the Calendar thing, I'll try to find that old post and will get it revitalised. I've already done my pic and have sent it to Meanie.

Thats the other fooking thing! Its done nowt but RAIN!! So thoughts of my bike have really been taken over by model photography, in between work.

So if I can't get to a meet cos of work, or because I don't feel like riding a 100 mile in the piss pooring rain, and I'm not modding or even riding locally either, I really only come on here to say hello. It thenfeels weird not being able to say anything constructive.

When we do talk shite its usually with comedy posted pics too...

So, I am going to mak ethe effort to post more, and get this calender done as its for a good cause, and why wouldn't I not want to take pics of scantily clad birds on bikes!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trouble is meanie, no ones even posting shite it would at least be sumat if we put stuff up like that.

lets get the calander done and lets get the meet sorted for next year. its all well and good having our beautiful looking and expensive bikes just so we can put pics on here to show others.

im no better as i really hate riding in the wet and high winds.

lets hope luck will be on our side next year, if not copious amounts of the local grog will at least take our minds off it

bone

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
A lot of us old timers are still around and are pretty computer technical, but just don't want to go through the bother. I think the main difference has nothing to do with the site, but with the new site members. There seems to be more post about non motorcycle topics than ones about the warrior. I come here to learn abut the warrior, I don't come here to read abut Obama, wife beaters, child abusers, cannibalistic rituals, and so forth. Although I did find the smack topics entertaining.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I consider myself an oldtimer. I still have my warrior but this new site sucks and I check it maybe once a month. I have left it as my homepage hoping it would change to a more user friendly set up but it hasn't yet. The old forum was just like using any other forum. This new one is completely different, takes longer, and I can't see mod updates from the homepage.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I'm an oldtimer . . . . . . but not to this forum.
As far as the increase in garbage that seems to be going on here recently, it seems to be a trend at a number of sites I used to frequent. It's not just here.

I've been here not quite two years and still miss the old format. It was not only the Warrior that caught my eye, but how easy the previous format was to navigate. It was this site that caused me to buy a Warrior. If the current site was available at that time I'd be riding a M109R. With the old format you could find anything, anytime. If you wanted to look at a specific member's bike you could get there with no difficulty. Now you have to shuffle through a lot of junk to get there. Many of the oldtimers and guys such as myself have been concerned about the potential demise of the Warrior. This site was the absolute lifeblood of this bike and as I said earlier ti was the reason I purchased the Warrior, but with the current set-up I'm not sure that's the case any longer..

Much like everyone I'm resistent to change (especially for an old fart like me). Let's face it, when we become comfortable with something and it changes, it aggravates us. I'll be the first to admit that I hated the new format and immediately complained. I was asked to give it some time, which I have. I've learned to navigate it a little better, but it still is a far cry from it's predicessor. Perhaps the changes were necessary in order for the moderators and such to do their jobs more effciently, or maybe it's less costly and less work to operate it as it is now.

I'm not here to "rag" on Sean (CarKnee). I know he's attempted to make things a lot better and I appreciate all the long hours he put into this format. I'm not a computer "guru" by any means and perhaps this format is easy for him to navigate, but it's not for me.

As long as I have my Warrior I'll continue to contribute as much as I can, interact with other members and remain a site supporter each year. We all owe that to Sean who has made this site available to us. We also owe it to each other.

I know I'm a dinosaur (almost 60) and as the technology advances, the more lost I am. But when it takes nearly 4 times as long to post a pic or search for a member's profile or gallery, it's difficult to see the technological benefits in that. Besides, at my age I don't have that many extra minutes to spare.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I do think that the old site was easier to navigate, but his one is still better than most out there. I have tried for years to find a decent Camaro forum and have failed miserably. I think it was JP(don't quote me on this one) who mentioned a while back that he could just add pics trough the 'reply' function--it turned out that only the moderators can do it that way. Please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe in the future that option will be available to all of us. I feel that the mood around here will get better when the elections are over. This is still the best site. I personally felt bad when the site format switched and alot of people had a lot of really bad things to say. Some people worked really hard to give us this site, and they need to be thanked for their efforts. Hopefully, constructive complaints will be considered, because as we all know-----a little modding/adjusting/changing goes a long way. thanks guys/gals, your awesome.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
hey davidd just by hitting reply on your post ican do this

So yes you're wrong its notonly the mods...

For the rest okay its not the old forum but hey it's still a splendid forum...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts