RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of moving up to the yami bagger...Just in the thinking stage, I know I dont want to put bags and a windshield on this bike...So if I sell I need advice on what to ask for my bike...2003, 11,000 miles and you can see the mods, nothing internal...I also have the flamed solo seat...

Insert Image:

78.76 KB

Insert Image:

81.51 KB

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
why cant you put a windshield and bags on it? lots of guys do for trips and then take em off when they get back to the house...

but then again, ive already got a RS Silverado...with a hitch

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i made the experience that you never get back any of the money spend into mods and accessories. i would take it back as close as possible to stock-condition and sell the other stuff at ebay.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I just bought a warrior 2003 with custom chrome everything and a stage 4 goodies for $8000. Pics in my gallery.. Iam a nut about finding good deals. Personally I would list it $10,000 for a while and see if someone bites.. You never know???

·
Registered
839 Posts
My suggestion....FWIW

Save up untill you can afford BOTH[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I don't like the "LOOK" of a Warrior with Bags and Windshield either.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
hope u make out ok lawarrior...I waz in Baton Rouge ,La. and wanted to ride with someone but couldn't hook up and waz bored so i went into the Harley shop looking(just looking) at a street glide and thought what the **** if I got a good price on my '03 warrior w/10,262 mi. on it I'll buy one...the cat told me $3,000 for Dorian and I thought a second(just one)and told him "later", and that is when I realized that my plain jane warrior and I would be together for ever and ever...I guess I'm the one that didn't bite ohio mike...Hope u get what u need chuck..good luck..Sammy

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't think you'll get a lot for it so you better sell it to me for 2K. No just kidding! Nice bike. Just to give you an idea you can get a brand new stock '06 these days for around 11-11.5K depending on the area/dealership. Add in the amount of mods/paint on the bike and you just might have someone grab it for the 10K. After all, it does have relatively low miles on it if only 11K miles. I also agree in thinking to place some of the stock parts back on and selling the some of the aftermarket parts separate might yield a higher rate of return but that also involves time invested to do that.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
With all your mods, the bike is worth more to you then you will every get for it, unless you find that one special buyer that just has to have it and he has more money then brains.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
That's kind of a loaded question. No matter what the answer is, it's definitely worth more to you. It's almost the equivalent of a wife/gf asking, "Does this make me look fat?", to which I'd have to reply, "I think it's worth at least $25,000 (to you)." [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by timoken

i made the experience that you never get back any of the money spend into mods and accessories. i would take it back as close as possible to stock-condition and sell the other stuff at ebay.
Excellent advice from Timoken and is the way you will get back the highest percentage of what you put into it. A bike "loaded" with extras is usually a much better deal for the buyer than it is for the seller. Parting out the extras allows you to sell them to people who really want them and don't have to be talked into it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep, part her out if you can. Of course, this is only possibly if you still have the stock parts. I would think you should get around $9,000 for her. Are you switching to a Roadliner?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts