RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bro wants me to sell the motorcycle I bought for him a couple of years ago (title is still in my name). He put a whopping 3k miles since he had it! He is the second owner - I bought it used from a friend.

Anyways, what is a reasonable asking price for it?

2000 Honda CBR 929RR

Mileage: 9,200 miles

Color: Factory Yellow/Black scheme with black wheels, tank bra, reflective yellow rimstripes, black windshield, bike has been lowered about 1". He also has brand new Avon tires (not mounted) and a brand new battery (not installed) that can be had with the bike....

·
Registered
165 Posts
2000 Honda CBR900RR CBR929RR Value

Email

a{color:#2A4F97;}

November 20, 2008

Suggested Retail Value
$4950
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
KBB and NADA are both decent starting points but a better gauge of value can be had by looking up similar bikes in your area on Cycle trader. Another good way is to search Ebay and see what similar bikes are selling for. You can see recently ended auctions to see the $$ prices. I had a 2001 Erion Racing 929 a few years back and when I sold it, it brought 5300. Of course since the 929 was released it has been eclipsed by the 954 and the CBR1000RR which is already in it's 3rd generation so that will affect the value as well. I would guess somewhere between $4k-$5k regardless. Good luck selling it.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys - those KBB and NADA values also indicate that the mileage along with that value should be somewhere around 36,000 miles and this one only has 9,200. Nevertheless, it is a good reference point.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
when ever i'm trying to sell something i always search the areas around me thru craigs list, auto trader etc.... to get a ball park of what a similar item is selling for then take actual mileage and condition into consideration then i price it from there, after that it's just sit back and wait to see what kind of hits you get..... sometimes its a long wait with no hits at all then all of the sudden the gates open and people are practically knocking your door down to buy it.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Check general bke talk Rodney 2 has post about a second bike and one of the bikes he mention was a 929. If you sell it I charge 10% commission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts