RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thougt I'd saywhats upfor the first time, been a member for a while soaking up all the great info and felt it was about time I leant my 2 cents in the pool. Glad to see there are others out there that share a love for cruisers and making them thier own. Posted some fresh pics so feel free to check em out and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You did a great job on your fender. (looked like you did it all anyway.) Bike looks great. Have fun. Stay warm.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
baclay9 said:
You did a great job on your fender. (looked like you did it all anyway.) Bike looks great. Have fun. Stay warm.

Thanks man, I'm just amazed I pulled it off, stillneed to get it painted right,hard totell but thats just a$15 rattle can job, up here you cant really afford any down time from riding so I just wanted it to fly so I could go ridin.I'm definatly diggin that rear set up you got goin on, been a pipe deam of mine since I've owned the bike to one day score a fat rear end. How do you like those triple trees, notice any big diff in cornering??

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Hey how are you? When my kids were young I used to send their Santa letter from the store there every year when I came up for work every October. http://www.santaclaushouse.com/shopcontent.asp?type=visitsch One of my favorite stories is one time I came into the store and there was nobody around then I heard a rustling behind the register counter and when I looked back there I saw the very-short cashier. Its so cool all the costumes all year, I swear I believe that Elves are real buddy!

Anyway sorry for getting off-topic, welcome aboard and have fun!

akpat16 said:
Just thougt I'd saywhats upfor the first time, been a member for a while soaking up all the great info and felt it was about time I leant my 2 cents in the pool. Glad to see there are others out there that share a love for cruisers and making them thier own. Posted some fresh pics so feel free to check em out and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Looks like you've been having a lot of fun with your Warrior. I especially like the headlight bucket made out of an old handicapped sign. Dig the avatar too. Take it easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
papawheelie said:
Looks like you've been having a lot of fun with your Warrior. I especially like the headlight bucket made out of an old handicapped sign. Dig the avatar too. Take it easy.

haha thanks papaI've been having as much fun as I can with her, kinda miss the year round riding season when I was in AL but home is home and I love AK the good the bad and the cold as$ weather that comes with it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arizona Warrior

Thats funny cause my sister worked there for about 5 years, she was probably the one you saw I guess they have a hard time keeping help around there which I don't understand cause who wouldnt want to be Santa's little helper???

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I have a buddy who just moved to Fairbanks. Is that right by you?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
akpat16 said:
baclay9 said:

Thanks man, I'm just amazed I pulled it off, stillneed to get it painted right,hard totell but thats just a$15 rattle can job, up here you cant really afford any down time from riding so I just wanted it to fly so I could go ridin.I'm definatly diggin that rear set up you got goin on, been a pipe deam of mine since I've owned the bike to one day score a fat rear end. How do you like those triple trees, notice any big diff in cornering??

I really like the trees. Best money I have put in the bike. (Rear end included!) The handling is a little different, not bad just different. After 20 min I forgot completely about it. If I didn't switch off with my dad every once in a while I would never notice the difference.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

How long is your riding season, like 15 minutes? Or do you just fit tracks to your Warrior.

Seriously, I think you live in a beautiful state and I hope to visit someday, and...I think your governor is hot!!

Ride Safe!!
Larry

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Bikes looking GREAT!! Really digging the headlight and fendermods. Think I'll takemy tachoff and use a cereal box painted black to get a good idea of the lookbefore I under go such a relocation.I am DEFINITELY chopping my fender this summer
thanks for the step by step pics

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HURD said:
I have a buddy who just moved to Fairbanks. Is that right by you?

yep bout 15 miles away I guess, hows he liking this -50 weather? I love it, makes all the people who move here because they think itll be "exciting to live in Alaska" move back home, we have plenty of people as it is haha.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wyomingwarrior said:
Bikes looking GREAT!! Really digging the headlight and fendermods. Think I'll takemy tachoff and use a cereal box painted black to get a good idea of the lookbefore I under go such a relocation.I am DEFINITELY chopping my fender this summer
thanks for the step by step pics

Thanks I appeciate the praise. Yeah the fender was probably the best thing I could do for her, I love the look of the stock fender and tailight but hated the ginormous length of the fender I definalty reccomend it man. Good luck with the chop, I have alot more pics of the chop from angles and what not, downto measurements and pretty much everything you need to do it exceptall the time it takes so feel freehit me up if I can be of any help.

-Pat

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Justice said:
Love the rear fender mod! Great job AK!

Thanks alot, I love those sidemounts you do, but can those only be ordered in bulk or can I place asingle order? I made my own this summer out of what I had left over from my headlight mod but seems the thin aluminum couldnt handle the air resistance as well as I hoped, started to crack in the corners but your designs are simplebut very appealing so I'd definatly love to get my hands on one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts