RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its time for a new front tire. Have the metzler 210 on the back, thinking about matching it. Want some input on what yall would suggest.It's weird my bike supposedly only has 6000 miles on it.. shouldnt the tires last longer than that?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Metzler Roadtec Z6 front and rear....and if you wants to get a gazzillion miles out of your tires, get the Avons storms.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
RX_Warrior said:
Metzler Roadtec Z6 front and rear....and if you wants to get a gazzillion miles out of your tires, get the Avons storms.

COOOOOL! I just ordered a new rear Storm. My first factory tire, Dunlop, lasted 5200 miles. Hoping for more with the Avon's.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Arcwelder said:
Well its time for a new front tire. Have the metzler 210 on the back, thinking about matching it. Want some input on what yall would suggest.It's weird my bike supposedly only has 6000 miles on it.. shouldnt the tires last longer than that?
EDITED: > 38,000 miles and I have no favorite frt tireyet.

I just picked up and soon to be mounted for the 1sttime the following:

Metzler: Roadtec Z6 Sport Touring Tire

120/70ZR18 Front Tire[/list][/list]
The rear tireis a Metzler 240/40VR18 and that's a favorite

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
well if avon madea 240 tire in the storm line thats the only set of tires that would ever be on my warrior. ever but they don't
i've got 32 k miles on mine and i have run all kinds and brands and none come close to the overall performance of the avons . if i lived in the mountains a 190 for the rear ,just falls in the turns with a 190 on the back. a 200 avon living away from the twisties . a metz 210 just doesn't get enuf mileage to be worth it for me ,but if you want wide on a budget the 210 looks good and does stick great but low mileage kills it for me. anyway good luck. and no need to match the font and rear brand wise ,it makes no difference.right now i have a dunlop 240 on the rear and a metz 130 up front and trust me ,it rides and handels wonderfully.good luck

oh i used alllower case so as not to get too excited,for some reason if you use caps it's yelling and thats rude or so i'm told

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another vote for the Avon storms. I actually have the azarro rear tire, but the storms were supposed to replace that series. I have 3000 miles on the rear and 600 miles on my front storm, and you can't even tell that they have more than a 100 miles on either of them.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I had an Avon Azaro on the rear, and finally killed it with11,000 miles (without doing burnouts). It stlil had a fewmore miles left, but it was slippery when it gotdown to the last of thetread,never had cord show. I have an Azaro on the front also and I think I liked the handling with the stock Dunlap a little better. I got 12k out of my stock Dunlop and it looked like a triangle from Pine Mountain twisties. I have replaced the rear with a Storm and it does have a little softer ride with the same 40lb of pressure in it. I don't know how it will wear as it only had about 3k on it and still looks like new. Both tires handle good as long as you warm them up before going crazy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
had a bridgestone bto21 on the back and replaced it with the storm. The matching storm will be going on the front this spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts