RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still running the stock can, no PC3, have done a few things buy have been waiting and watching and this was my year to do some things, frankly I would not have gotten into the engine had it not been for the recall. I would have gone with the PC3, Propipe, BAK and what ever else I could have hung on the bike to increase torque and HP because I have my eye on the 240 and figured if I increased the HP I would offset the loss in HP because of the 240 NOW I will either go with the HC pistons, cam, BAK, Propipe and PC3 or 108 inplace of pistons, I will have way more power than I need and just maybe go with an exhaust system a little different, something that I like the looks of, wont give me optimum power as the Propipe BUT who cares I have plenty. I will keep this bike for a while, it fills all my needs, quick, sharp looking, somewhat unique and affordable. So that is my recall plan or madness. I am happy about the recall, 14,000 miles and going strong.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
As well as said "I will have way more power than I need",,,, A moderator may just take away one of your star for talking like that...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Choptop has been to Sturgis twice on his warrior.That should be worth 2stars.I've been to Daytona and Stugis on mine.I'm the only warrior I've heard of thats ridden an ironbutt on a warrior.There is alot more to having a bike like this than power.Alot of the recall talk is just talk and I plan to stick around and and read how you guys suped up your bikes and lost gas mileage and only gained a few horses and still can't beat a V-rod in the 1/4 mile.I'm gonna put pistons in mine and maybe change my pipe and call it good and then ride the **** thing to Sturgis again and wax every big twin harley on the way.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to keep the Warrior stock. if that is the way you like it keep it that way. Most of buy bike to be diffrent so we mod them. So many of the RSW have mods the stock RSW is the most unique. The RSW is a great bike with or without mods. Just my .02, Ride ON.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm still riding with the stock can because $500 for the replacement pipe, $350 for PC3, and $150 labor makes $1,000. And for what? A louder bike that'll look more like a Harley and make my neighbors hate me?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
quote:Originally posted by wackochango

I'm still riding with the stock can because $500 for the replacement pipe, $350 for PC3, and $150 labor makes $1,000. And for what? A louder bike that'll look more like a Harley and make my neighbors hate me?

Easy, there.
My bike looks nothing like a harley.
Besides' I don't see them much, since there always behind me

Kyle

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Too much horsepower?? Is there such a thing? I'm practicing on my Warrior before upgrading to a Boss Hoss.

Oh yeah...my neighbors love watching me do burnouts in front of the house. ROCK WITH YER **** HANGIN' OUT MAN!!

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
I wish I knew what I was going to do with my recall!!!
I want best bang for the buck. Is it Speedstar, is it Patrick Racing, is it Orient Express, or a combo of all!!
No one knows this answer. Speedstar I'll keep my warrenty but if I go with OE stuff I'll cancel my warrenty and get $500+ to use for something else. It's seams it will never end. Just need to buy a Vrod and and then not have any money to do any mods!!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Different strokes for different folks, If you want to keep your Warrior stock Great, it is a beautifull and fast bike stock. I have watched as things were tried, I have watched guys go threww 2or 3 exhaust systems and BAKS and I am sure that thier are a lot of costly mistakes made that are just between you and your bike. I have done mods as they suite me,lowered, can mod,31 tooth pully, windvest, AIS removal, shaved seat ya know things I liked added value to my perception of my bike and were not to expensive NOW with the recall I find myself forced to make some decitions. I am going to make some major engine mods only because the engine will be open and I can save money on labor BUT to save that money I have to spend a bunch of money that I normally would not have spent, viscious Circle, you bet ,but I love it. I will have more power than I need, I know that, if I was 25 I would probably look at it differently, but non the less I want more power, my money my bike, we all get to do what we want.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm planning on SS pistons,cams and clutch spring. I, too like the stock can. I pulled the tail section out of it and have been happy. I probably will have to go with the Bigshots during the recall though, along with a PCIII and the PR BAK. I imagine it would be a waste to do the other mods and retain the stock can. Too bad, I think it looks cool. Different strokes you know...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts