RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you fellas know where i can get my wheels polished,midlands/staffordshire area if possible??

the tossers who still havent painted my bike have let me down again and i need the wheels sorting so i can get the bike off the lift as last time i left it on there for a while some wanker got in my garage and knocked it over causing quite a bit of damage.

bone

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I would avoid anodising.
It looks washed out after a while as the colour fades.
Check out any bike with anodised bolt kits or brake fittings that are more than a year old. . the anodising looks very second hand.
I would stick with powder coating 100%

·
Premium Member
8,933 Posts
yabhoa said:
has anyone had experience with anodising? whats it like and is it worth it??

bone

jarv said:
I would avoid anodising. It looks washed out after a while as the colour fades. Check out any bike with anodised bolt kits or brake fittings that are more than a year old. . the anodising looks very second hand. I would stick with powder coating 100%
yabhoa ... Anodizing/anodising (electrolytic process that imparts anoxide layer on the surface that is sealed) thealuminum alloycastwheel will not produce uniform results in color/finish because of the manufacturing processcontrary to forged wheels that are a wrought product that willproduce an acceptable finish!

From a technical level, anodizing is a lot more difficultmf'g process than paint andis directlyinfluenced by the alloy composition, uniformity of the elements within the casting, hardness, etcetera. If not closely controlled color match & uniformity of color is impossible for a high profile finish.

jarv .... I suspect that the aluminum anodized colored fasteners that have faded on your bike is as a result of the process used to produce and impartthe colors. They are most likely organic colored dyes, easy color match,used by the finisher and will fade outdoors
The modern architectural and industrial 2-step finishes that use metallic saltsare far superior to organic dyes but much more difficult to apply as described earlier and are color fast!

I hope the enclosedadds some clarity to the process

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Alan, how come you know so much about everything
Are you really from this planet or are you a superior being from another world

Anyway it's great to have you around with your wealth of knowledge. What would we do without you

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Bone there's a place in Dudley that polished my rims for £20 a wheel, Andy has used them to polish a few bits on his bike,I''ll get the phone no on Monday for you if you want..

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I would be interested in those details too......please........

My mate wants his GSX1400 wheels done.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Here's the address of the polishers...

Castle Chrome Plating Ltd

Unit F Shaw Road

Dudley

West Midlands

DY2 8TP

Phone No.01384 214429

www.castlechrome.co.uk

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Mark contacted them about his GSX1400 wheels.
They were dead helpful.

He told them that he would be coming up from Milton Keynes.

They said that if he strips the wheels prior to coming....they will do them while he waits for £25.00 per wheel - which I thought was really good!

Not sure when he is going up there - due to the weather - but he's going for it.

Will let you know how he gets on.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
jarv said:
Mark contacted them about his GSX1400 wheels. They were dead helpful.

He told them that he would be coming up from Milton Keynes.

They said that if he strips the wheels prior to coming....they will do them while he waits for £25.00 per wheel - which I thought was really good!

Not sure when he is going up there - due to the weather - but he's going for it.

Will let you know how he gets on.

Thanks for the info.
Jarv, Had my wheels done over 2 years ago so£25 a wheel is ok, they are stillnice and shiny.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
They were good to deal with.

Castle Chrome Plating Ltd

Unit F Shaw Road

Dudley

West Midlands

DY2 8TP

Phone No.01384 214429

www.castlechrome.co.uk

I don't know if they always offer a "while you wait" service, but it worked out well for Mark.

It took them 1 and 1/2 hours to polish them. £25.00 per wheel.

He went to Dudley and back to Milton Keynes, got the wheels polished and then painted them - all in one day . . not bad!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts