RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Allsmiles said:
I have an old post about the first tranny recall (anyone remember that fun!!!) that had a name and number of a Yamaha corporate warranty/service supervisor's number. I know he was upset that it got posted the first time (I worked for Yamaha MFG (ATV, PWC, and golf car) and had access to the numbers. Something about his phone ringing all the time and couldn't figure out how his private number gotout. Sad to say, don't work there anymore and I can't find a thing with the new search setup. Maybe one of the gurus can find his number and you can make his day.

not a guru, but I found it..I think..I am more than willing to move this to wherever, but dont know how to do that. anyone remember the redneck commercial from here in pa??


http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/2401/41872.aspx#41872
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
parkinglot said:
not a guru, but I found it..I think..I am more than willing to move this to wherever, but dont know how to do that. anyone remember the redneck commercial from here in pa??

You wouldn't be able to move it yourself, a mod or Carknee would need to. I guess it doesn't matter but if you wanted to do a write up on the dealer experience it would go in the section this link leads to. Don't forget their contact info so we can call them and asks what's up with the crappy service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
i am not surprised by yamahs response, i had a problem with them concerning my 250 hp outboard and after some crying from me and pressure from the dealer they finally picked up part of the tab. your problem doesnt sound like its really the manufactures fault but rather the dealers however you would think that yamaha would put pressure on the dealer to make it right, trust me, the squeeky wheel will get the grease on this one, sooner or later they'll get tired of you and want you to go away andwhen that time comes they'll be willing to make your bike right then pass the burden on some other unsuspecting customer. persue all the legal avenues you have and good luck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
So tell us which dealer it was:


1) Street Track 'N' Trail
2) Ray Wilt
3) World of Wheels
4) Cernic's (Duncanville)
5) Cernic's (Johnstown)
6) Cycle Max
7) Michael Andretti

The only way we can help is for you to post the info and we flood their dealership & Yamaha with phone calls and emails linking to this post. We can also post this at other Yamaha sites to saturate the country, and especially Pennsylvania.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
i don't know about yamaha star service but i am VERY surprised you had an issue with yamaha on your 250 outboard. As i may have mentioned before i work on boats in particular on alot of yamaha outboards and yamaha tech services have been absolutely awesome.


i am very impressed with them so far,they have helped me out alot even with non-warranty issues.They even covered something the other day on an outboard that was out wty for over a year. they goodwilled it.Not many companies will do that.


Honestly i am a little surprised that yamaha is not cracking down on that dealer- i understand yamaha didn't mess up but the dealer represents them,so you'd think they would at least talk to the dealer and try to help out.


well keep at it , your just gonna have to get to the right guy.Good luck...................P.S. i'd rather have the 5 spoke so i would slowly but surely raise he!! if it was me.
southboundchicken said:



i am not surprised by yamahs response, i had a problem with them concerning my 250 hp outboard and after some crying from me and pressure from the dealer they finally picked up part of the tab. your problem doesnt sound like its really the manufactures fault but rather the dealers however you would think that yamaha would put pressure on the dealer to make it right, trust me, the squeeky wheel will get the grease on this one, sooner or later they'll get tired of you and want you to go away andwhen that time comes they'll be willing to make your bike right then pass the burden on some other unsuspecting customer. persue all the legal avenues you have and good luck



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
swisswarrior said:
i don't know about yamaha star service but i am VERY surprised you had an issue with yamaha on your 250 outboard. As i may have mentioned before i work on boats in particular on alot of yamaha outboards and yamaha tech services have been absolutely awesome.


i am very impressed with them so far,they have helped me out alot even with non-warranty issues.They even covered something the other day on an outboard that was out wty for over a year. they goodwilled it.Not many companies will do that.


Honestly i am a little surprised that yamaha is not cracking down on that dealer- i understand yamaha didn't mess up but the dealer represents them,so you'd think they would at least talk to the dealer and try to help out.


well keep at it , your just gonna have to get to the right guy.Good luck...................P.S. i'd rather have the 5 spoke so i would slowly but surely raise he!! if it was me.
southboundchicken said:



i am not surprised by yamahs response, i had a problem with them concerning my 250 hp outboard and after some crying from me and pressure from the dealer they finally picked up part of the tab. your problem doesnt sound like its really the manufactures fault but rather the dealers however you would think that yamaha would put pressure on the dealer to make it right, trust me, the squeeky wheel will get the grease on this one, sooner or later they'll get tired of you and want you to go away andwhen that time comes they'll be willing to make your bike right then pass the burden on some other unsuspecting customer. persue all the legal avenues you have and good luck



i tweaked the output shaft by wrapping a rope around it
. imho the prop should have spun the hub before any internal damaged occured, the dealer informed yamaha that i brought the boat in with rope wrapped around it which was b.s., i never would have brought the boat to them with rope around it
infact, i used the boat this way for 10 - 15 hours with no negative performance issues at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
swisswarrior said:
yeah you should have the 5 spoke wheels, i got an '06 with the 5 spoke.

I too have an 06 with the 5 spoke wheels. Trust me, you want the 5 spoke wheels especially if you plan to have them chromed.








 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
28,393 Posts
Many of us prefer the more open look of the 3-spoke wheels. If you want the 5-spoke wheels its your call.


Did the Yami folks say anything about the 3-spoke wheels matching-up on a new bike, and can you tell the dealer you talked with Yami and they would not give you anything in writing saying the older wheels are safe on the radial brake model years, and then tell them that worries you. Then let them utter the next words. Who knows what will happen.


Calling Japan won't help, they will refer you to California guaranteed. You hunted that dog, its time to give the dealer time to think over their options. Maybe give them another call next week?


Or maybe, like me, you prefer the 3-spoke rims? Did you see the 3-spoke drive pulley mod?


http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/114428.aspx
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Pep said:
So tell us which dealer it was:


1) Street Track 'N' Trail
2) Ray Wilt
3) World of Wheels
4) Cernic's (Duncanville)
5) Cernic's (Johnstown)
6) Cycle Max
7) Michael Andretti

My guess would be Cernic's in Johnstown. I believe it's the closest to you. The ony way we can help is for you to post the info and we flood their dealership & Yamaha with phone calls and emails linking to this post. We can also post this at other Yamaha sites to saturate the country, and especially Pennsylvania.

new thread for this


http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/114503/932684.aspx#932684
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Pep said:
So tell us which dealer it was:


1) Street Track 'N' Trail
2) Ray Wilt
3) World of Wheels
4) Cernic's (Duncanville)
5) Cernic's (Johnstown)
6) Cycle Max
7) Michael Andretti

My guess would be Cernic's in Johnstown. I believe it's the closest to you. The ony way we can help is for you to post the info and we flood their dealership & Yamaha with phone calls and emails linking to this post. We can also post this at other Yamaha sites to saturate the country, and especially Pennsylvania.

Pep,


I know Jeff Cernic, the owner of Cernic's, and if he found out something like this he would be furious and do whatever it took to resolve the problem without hesitation. I used to race motocross and even though I was on a Kaw, which he didnt sell, he did everything he could for ANY & EVERYONE at the track EVERY weekend regardless of what brand they rode. He also sponsors national caliber riders and would never let anything that happened at either of his dealerships tarnish his impeccable reputation, just ask Travis Pastrana, John Dowd...etc. etc.


I also grew up going to Pymatuning Lake where my grandparents had a cottage and knew the owner and another close friend of the family who worked at Street Track and Trail and am confident that they also would never stand for this B.S.


I'm not busting your cajones I just know that bad press gets spread quicker and further than good press and wanted to voice my $.02 about reputable dealers that I know and have dealt with with outstanding results...


Mike



MXMIKE77
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,496 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Selecting the correct action depends on if you bought the bike new, or used in 'as-is' condition. In either case, the passing of time oftendoesn'tmatter if once you notice the defect you took quick action, but check your state's laws. Its no use to threaten yet.


Besides, Yamaha/Star will be very interested if a new bike was recently sold with 3-spoke rims. Plus you'll likely ask Star if the 3-spoke rims are safe on the newer models with radial brakes, and you'll want to ask for that in writing since it might be the extra spokes are there to handle the harder deceleration capability of the radial brake system.

Woah there. The amount of spokes has nothing to do with this.



Star will refuse to give it to you in writing. When your dealer learns from you in polite conversation that Star will not approve the 3-spoke rims for the newer models and that you believe it is therefore unsafe due to potential deceleration forces with radial brakes, and you intend to select an attorney to force Star to fix it (so you are not threatening the dealer to their face in their own showroom) I'll bet the world changes. It doesn't matter if the technical aspects are true since Star won't make any comment that works against its international advertising of the brakes including on their own website.

I hope he didn't do this. He's wil have more than likely looked like an idiot



BTW a set of chrome rims will cost them about as much as 5-spoke OEM rims. Hmmm. That's how I'd let the dealer save face and still fix your bike. But I'm no lawyer. I'm just a pissed-off biker who takes your side on this obvious fraud.


Rif said:
Tell them you want the five spokes(original eq.) or you'll get a lawyer. If that does'nt work let me know, I know a good lemon law lawyer.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
JPWARRIOR said:
Arizona Warrior said:
Selecting the correct action depends on if you bought the bike new, or used in 'as-is' condition. In either case, the passing of time oftendoesn'tmatter if once you notice the defect you took quick action, but check your state's laws. Its no use to threaten yet.


Besides, Yamaha/Star will be very interested if a new bike was recently sold with 3-spoke rims. Plus you'll likely ask Star if the 3-spoke rims are safe on the newer models with radial brakes, and you'll want to ask for that in writing since it might be the extra spokes are there to handle the harder deceleration capability of the radial brake system.


Woah there. The amount of spokes has nothing to do with this.



Star will refuse to give it to you in writing. When your dealer learns from you in polite conversation that Star will not approve the 3-spoke rims for the newer models and that you believe it is therefore unsafe due to potential deceleration forces with radial brakes, and you intend to select an attorney to force Star to fix it (so you are not threatening the dealer to their face in their own showroom) I'll bet the world changes. It doesn't matter if the technical aspects are true since Star won't make any comment that works against its international advertising of the brakes including on their own website.


I hope he didn't do this. He's wil have more than likely looked like an idiot



BTW a set of chrome rims will cost them about as much as 5-spoke OEM rims. Hmmm. That's how I'd let the dealer save face and still fix your bike. But I'm no lawyer. I'm just a pissed-off biker who takes your side on this obvious fraud.


Rif said:
Tell them you want the five spokes(original eq.) or you'll get a lawyer. If that does'nt work let me know, I know a good lemon law lawyer.

whats your take on all this JP??
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
28,393 Posts
Even before this topic arose I was investigating the differences in the radial braking system on my own. The radial brakes are advertised as developing greater stopping force, and they do. According to our local dealer the rotors are stronger in support of this (and YamiStarUSA seemed to be saying the same thing when I called them). The new rotors come with bikes havingthe 5-spoke wheels. Will the early rotors work over time? Not my call I'm not the design engineer.


In light of the unknowns and the unforgivable vacuum of support from Yamaha or the dealer,I'm only suggesting that he offer the dealer the information and also tell them he is dis-satisfied with the old wheels on a new bike (if that is the case), and that he questions the appropriateness of the equipment (unless he is comfortable it is safe). Since YamiStar won't put anything in writing and their own advertising indicates a stopping force improvement, there is reason to at minimum question this condition even if its effects may not be noticed until some time in the future.


If this is viewed as idiocy, no problem as long as the condition lasts as long as the appropriate equipment with no glitches.


IMO I'm not out-of-line in suggesting that he should put the pressure back on the manufacturer/dealer since he's not the design engineer and Yamaha Star USAwon't say the old rotors are okay to use with the new brake calipers.


The question of chrome rims is separate from this. Yes the dealer might reduce the price of new chrome rims by the cost amount of the correct rims he will have to buy from the factory. But the cost and list are probably spread far apart.


JPWARRIOR said:
Arizona Warrior said:
Selecting the correct action depends on if you bought the bike new, or used in 'as-is' condition. In either case, the passing of time oftendoesn'tmatter if once you notice the defect you took quick action, but check your state's laws. Its no use to threaten yet.


Besides, Yamaha/Star will be very interested if a new bike was recently sold with 3-spoke rims. Plus you'll likely ask Star if the 3-spoke rims are safe on the newer models with radial brakes, and you'll want to ask for that in writing since it might be the extra spokes are there to handle the harder deceleration capability of the radial brake system.


Woah there. The amount of spokes has nothing to do with this.



Star will refuse to give it to you in writing. When your dealer learns from you in polite conversation that Star will not approve the 3-spoke rims for the newer models and that you believe it is therefore unsafe due to potential deceleration forces with radial brakes, and you intend to select an attorney to force Star to fix it (so you are not threatening the dealer to their face in their own showroom) I'll bet the world changes. It doesn't matter if the technical aspects are true since Star won't make any comment that works against its international advertising of the brakes including on their own website.


I hope he didn't do this. He's wil have more than likely looked like an idiot



BTW a set of chrome rims will cost them about as much as 5-spoke OEM rims. Hmmm. That's how I'd let the dealer save face and still fix your bike. But I'm no lawyer. I'm just a pissed-off biker who takes your side on this obvious fraud.


Rif said:
Tell them you want the five spokes(original eq.) or you'll get a lawyer. If that does'nt work let me know, I know a good lemon law lawyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,955 Posts
I know this won't help if your focus is to make the Dealer do the right thing...but.. there are probably guys on the site that would be interested in trading. As some have mentioned , many of us prefer the three spoke wheels.


When buying a newer Warrior in the fall I chose an '05 over an'06 (similar miles and price) because I wanted the original style wheels !


One of the guys at the Rumble mentioned he likes the 3 better than his 5 spokers.


Maybe you could find someone near you and do a swap.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,496 Posts
Please tell me how the orientation of the calipers is gonna increase stopping power.


1. Yamaha claims this system is better yet still use the same dimension rotors that have always been on a Warrior. ...EXCEPT what'sonmine.


2. The wheel has the same structural integrity whether it's three large spokes or 5 small ones.


3. The 5 spoke wheels may actually belighter in weight. ( At least my R6 wheels are.)


4. Radial braking systems improve feedback since they are more stable. (less prone to twist so they actually "feel" like they perform better). I'd like to see actual data showing the improvement. (BTW, there is none)


5. Adding more brake fluid to a system is meaningless if the piston that moves the fluid is the same dimension it's always been.


6. Dealers know jack about engineering claims. They only know what the sales machine tells them.


7. ....Same goes for Star reps.


8. The rotors, at least for R1's are not any stronger, they are in fact lighter. I'd suspect the carriers are aluminumfor the 06 and upWarrior frontrotors, where they were previous steel. Besides, I highly doubt either rotor design will ever be taxed beyond it's capabilities by a Warrioron the street.


9. Someone better give Onager a call cause he's employing radial calipers with the three spoke wheels and has for the better part of a year.


10. As mentioned by AlanH, the design change is nothing more than; 1, a gimmick to keep the bike looking up to date, and 2, done to keep tooling and manufacturing costs down.





My biggest problem with this; the buyer was misled into believing this was a new bike and that the dealer is being a royal a$$hat about it all.


For the principle alone I would go after their a$$!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,496 Posts
parkinglot said:
JPWARRIOR said:
Arizona Warrior said:
Selecting the correct action depends on if you bought the bike new, or used in 'as-is' condition. In either case, the passing of time oftendoesn'tmatter if once you notice the defect you took quick action, but check your state's laws. Its no use to threaten yet.


Besides, Yamaha/Star will be very interested if a new bike was recently sold with 3-spoke rims. Plus you'll likely ask Star if the 3-spoke rims are safe on the newer models with radial brakes, and you'll want to ask for that in writing since it might be the extra spokes are there to handle the harder deceleration capability of the radial brake system.


Woah there. The amount of spokes has nothing to do with this.



Star will refuse to give it to you in writing. When your dealer learns from you in polite conversation that Star will not approve the 3-spoke rims for the newer models and that you believe it is therefore unsafe due to potential deceleration forces with radial brakes, and you intend to select an attorney to force Star to fix it (so you are not threatening the dealer to their face in their own showroom) I'll bet the world changes. It doesn't matter if the technical aspects are true since Star won't make any comment that works against its international advertising of the brakes including on their own website.


I hope he didn't do this. He's wil have more than likely looked like an idiot



BTW a set of chrome rims will cost them about as much as 5-spoke OEM rims. Hmmm. That's how I'd let the dealer save face and still fix your bike. But I'm no lawyer. I'm just a pissed-off biker who takes your side on this obvious fraud.


Rif said:
Tell them you want the five spokes(original eq.) or you'll get a lawyer. If that does'nt work let me know, I know a good lemon law lawyer.

whats your take on all this JP??

See my above reply. This should belay any fears about the different wheels.


FWIW, I've had the radial set up on my Warrior longer than Yamaha has and have been "testing" different configurations, not just inquiring about them.


Your best bet is to hit them with "not original equipment" and question why the changes were not outlined in your sales contract. You bought an 06 and got an 06 with 05 wheels and front rotors. BTW, the 06 rotors haveless mounting bolts than the previous ones so they match up with what's cast and machinedinto the newer wheels.
 
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Top